What should I improve to increase performance?

Hello guys,title says it all..I have a good gaming rig but still I can't manage to get 60 fps with all maxed out so i would really appreciate any kind of help :

Here is my pc :

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9300 , 2.50GHz

System
    Total amount of system memory 8,00 GB DDR2 RAM
    System type 64-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 4

Storage
    Total size of hard disk(s) 1000 GB

Graphics
    Nvidia GTX460 1GB version
    Total available graphics memory 1024 MB
    Primary monitor resolution 1920x1024
    DirectX version DirectX 11

I play on a full hd 24 inch monitor if that may help.. btw any help will be very appreciated and thank you for your time and patience..I really have no idea why I can't play with anything maxed out

15+ Year Old Account
    Post caught in moderation queue. Here's a free bump!

thanks,Cilraaz

15+ Year Old Account
    To answer your original question, you're not going to get 60fps on full Ultra at 1080p (I assume that's what you meant by full HD) without upgrading your motherboard, CPU, and RAM. All three would be needed because for the new CPU you would need a new socket type, which requires a motherboard upgrade. The motherboard upgrade would require you to use DDR3 RAM instead of DDR2, which means you'd need new RAM.

Even with a highly overclocked Sandy Bridge setup, you won't get 60fps full time. During 25-man raids (in combat), I usually hover from 50-65fps, but that's with shadows on low, 4x AA (multisampling), 8x AF, and everything else on maximum. If I were to up my settings to 8x AA, 16x AF, and shadows on ultra, I'd probably drop to around 30-35fps in the same scenario.

Deleted
    If you want to max out WoW then you'll need to upgrade your processor, GTX460 is plenty good enough GPU but core2 cpu is holding you back, especially in a cpu bound game like wow. Depending on your budget you should look at gettting i3-2100/i5-2500k or even i7-2600k processor, h61/p67/z68 mobo and 8gb ddr3 ram.

Thanks guys for the answers

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As Cilraaz mentioned you're being held back by A) the resolution / settings you're playing at and B) the CPU being used. Should you wish to make the jump into the new series of Intel I series chips then we can give you a few model suggestions otherwise drop down to 1680x1050 game resolution, tier back the shadows/AA/ and AF.

i just hate having to lower resolution or details so i'm planning on changing motherboard,ram and cpu as soon as i have enough money..thanks for all the answers