Mumble and G35 :(

Okay so when I use Mumble with my g35 no matter what I set the sound settings to people randomly crackle/pop as they talk. Does anyone have a fix to this? Xp compatability mode somewhat fixes it, but then I cannot use attenuate application option so that sucks.

Any suggestions/help appreciated!

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 01:05 AM ----------

ehhhh?????

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Okay so when I use Mumble with my g35 no matter what I set the sound settings to people randomly crackle/pop as they talk. Does anyone have a fix to this? Xp compatability mode somewhat fixes it, but then I cannot use attenuate application option so that sucks.
    1.) My headset: Logitech G35
    2.) Latest version of mumble as we speak
    3.) OS = Windows 7 64 bit with the latest updates
    4.) Drivers = latest ones from the logitech site (8.12.030)
    5.) Tried to recreate all your issues but was unable to

Final conclusion, it could be a hardware issue, but it's probably a driver issue with your OS, or some strange mix of hardware and software (It happens as I'm only guessing). There is only one game that had stuttering for me and that was Dawn Of War 2: Chaos Rising...I hope this helps some, as I own this headset too, so maybe my post can help you localize the issue to something. Noise from the headset typically isn't a USB problem, because USB is digital. So it's probably a software issue.

If XP Compatibility crackling, turn it off, and just use surround stereo(virtual 7.1) on g35 and should work ok, just it will be virtual 7.1.

Bump !

I'm having exactly the same issue and have yet to find a solid fix for it. Anyone have a fix ?

Hello, this is not your headsets quite honestly. Its the settings in mumble on probably both of your ends. The sound wizard asks you to set the mic volume appropriately so that it doesnt crackle.