Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    This. My neighbor doesn't even know where Australia is on the map. He told me somewhere in Europe and he is 47 years old. /facepalm
    ive acualy said that b4 but because i thought i heard someone say austria not austalia

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the crap that is going on lately, Americans still have it way way way better than many other people in the world. "Revolting" would be a slap in the face to the people that actually SHOULD revolt more than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ain't gonna happen. 1: people are by and large stupid and complacent. 2: the only people who think we're being oppressed are morons who think they shit sparkles.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    How far will our government push us until we explode? How far can we be pushed?
    There will be no revolt in this country. Either American's displeasure will show in the 2012 election or it won't. The "rebellion" mentality was invoked by GOPers to awaken a party that had been dormant since Bush left office. E.g. Tea Partiers.

Thread: When will America revolt?

Never. This isn't some third-world theocracy.

You do know the American people out number our military personal by like 100,000 to 1. Yeah the military has way better training and fire power. But that's a huge numbers difference and superior numbers is the first rule of war.

Revolutions were often aristocracy either leading or financing common people against another aristocracy. The French revolution was a part of the nobless with the rich aristocrates (but non-Nobles) encouraging the people into revolt (as an example).
    Another need is a weak state.
    Finally, there must be a need for a revolt, a large portion being under heavy pressure (no food, persecutions).

The US has none of these issues (only a minority is under heavy pressure). So... no won't happen on a big scale like current middle east.

There might be some riots similar to current England or France some time ago... but that's about it.

You do know the American people out number our military personal by like 100,000 to 1. Yeah the military has way better training and fire power. But that's a huge numbers difference and superior numbers is the first rule of war.
    That's kind of irrelevant. The technology owned by the military vastly outweighs the numbers. If it came to all out war (which is pretty much what a revolt does at one point) the military would utterly obliterate the american people until they surrendered.

Possible being arrested for not having health care is not being pushed. Hell you can be arrested for not having car insurance. Tax raises are on the horizon. Even minimum wage jobs are getting harder and harder to find. People are cramming closer and closer together. It's a powder keg, all it needs is a spark.
    See, now you're just making things up. You cannot be arrested for not having health insurance, even under Obamacare, and you also cannot be arrested for not having car insurance. You get fined for no car insurance, nothing more. The same for the health insurance. What was proposed was that you would have to pay a penalty. Basically you would have been paying the extra amount that I have to pay in order to cover your no-health-insurance ass.

And where is the OP getting this 'pushed' thing? Pushed how? My everyday standard of living hasn't been effected one bit in the past ten years. The cost of living has gone up, but so has my wages.

Sounds like another lemming giving into the culture of fear that politicians in America love to spew. The conservatives scream "Better get a gun and start digging your bomb shelter! The world is coming to an end!" Then they get a Republican elected to the White House, then they start singing about how wonderful the world is again. Then the liberals start screaming "Better move to Canada!", and the whole process repeats itself. All the while nothing ever really changes. The rich agonize over how they can avoid the most taxes, the middle class agonize over how they are going to send thier children to college, and the poor just agonize. Been like this for what, 250 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Pert View Post
    Never. This isn't some third-world theocracy.
    Seriously? We've had two such revolts already.

One was the war for our independence, which I'd like to note, was when the colonies were revolting against the greatest superpower of that time period. Not some "third-world theocracy".

The second, was the Civil War. Where half the nation literally was so fed up with the path that the country was going that they declared themselves a sovereign nation.

Brush up on your history before you start up with your "Never"s.

And for the record, the chances of a new American revolt in this day and age are slim.

Deleted
    I don't see this thread going anywhere. Too much potential for a shit-thread. There's a few US-threads up already where some of this can be discussed.

- MK