PVE Frost Mage rotation problems

Frostfire orb
    Fingers+Deep freeze
    Brain freeze+Frostfire bolt with or without Fingers
    Fingers+Ice lance
    Frostbolt
    Evocation at 40% mana

That is the rotation I'm suppose to follow. Suppose I cast Frostfire Orb and I can't get Fingers of Frost to proc? Do I just skip to Frostbolt until it procs and is brain always necessary when casting FrostFire bolt and do I not cast Frostfire unless I have Brain freeze?

Confused.jpg

Someone please help simplify this for an idiot(me).

Deleted
    1. yes if you have no procs you are casting frostbolt.
    2. no, you should never hard cast frostfire only ever when you have a brain freeze proc.
    I dont really see what the problem is here? and what armour are you using because you should be using mage armour dont know if you know.

Deleted
    always keep casting and do not cancel frostbolt for FFBolt, just finish casting then FFBolt

---------- Post added 2011-08-12 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by egyptianmage View Post
    1. yes if you have no procs you are casting frostbolt.
    2. no, you should never hard cast frostfire only ever when you have a brain freeze proc.
    I dont really see what the problem is here? and what armour are you using because you should be using mage armour dont know if you know.
    I tend to use Molten Armor while evo is off CD then once evo is on CD mage armour

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archzz View Post
    I tend to use Molten Armor while evo is off CD then once evo is on CD mage armour
    yeah this is probably a better idea, i really havent raided with frost much so ive only got a basic understanding and knowledge from ej. Once i get my 4 set t12 however i will see if it is competitive vs arcane for me because i would much rather play frost than fire or arcane.

op: also make sure you are casting pet freeze on cd just bind it to something easy and whenever you have no fingers up use freeze.

It's almost a certainty you will be getting multiple Fingers of Frost procs during frostfire orb. However, in the event that you're extremely unfortunate, yes, you do begin frostbolting if water elemental freeze is on cooldown. If it's available, freeze for two charges on Fingers of Frost and immediately Deep Freeze.

Also, that's less of a rotation and more of a priority list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptianmage View Post
    yeah this is probably a better idea, i really havent raided with frost much so ive only got a basic understanding and knowledge from ej. Once i get my 4 set t12 however i will see if it is competitive vs arcane for me because i would much rather play frost than fire or arcane.

op: also make sure you are casting pet freeze on cd just bind it to something easy and whenever you have no fingers up use freeze.
    frost is so much more fun, and when people say frost?? go arcane for pve, its brilliant to open up and beat them in damage it is viable, and a bit less dps then arcane, but I feel that frost is a bit more fun then the arcane rotation, feels a bit more rewarding

It's not a rotation. Its a priority queue. Top means Highest priority.

Deep Freeze (with FoF)
    FFBolt (with BF and FOF)
    Ice Lance (with FoF, DF on cd)
    FF Orb (once its off cd)
    Frost Bolt

Thats it, you never hard cast an FFB. Dont forget that your pet nova can apply FoF. Dont forgot to manage your cds.

Edit: Yes i would never hard cast FFB OR cast it without FoF and BF up. I think the dot applied when FFB crits (with FoF) is a dps gain over just using FFb whenever BF pops up.
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2011-08-12 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks guys. I'm not use to playing my mage at all. I'm playing like garbage.