Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    If you get kicked within a certain time from everyone starting the dungeon you will get the 30 minute deserter debuff.
    Is this real? If it is then it would explain the debuff.

And Kyok i wasn't pointing fingers or shouting troll, i just stated what i believed was true, cause maybe you could have, idk, accidentaly presse the button to leave the dungeon? it has happened to me before...

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    i hear there's nothing to do but dungeons in wow
    The only thing to do nowadays is sit in orgrimmar waiting for ques lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    Judging by your statesment you came here just to write something uneccesary. It's not my native language and I am only human.
    Nothing constructive to thread? Put it to pocket and keep it there.

You missunderstood what I've tried to say by that post sir. The point is I have idea hot to/when to/ other "to by this toon so your arguments are wrong in this case.

Then please be more specific in your post. A full heirloomed player can do bad. A player that knows how to play playing will with full heirlooms will not be unable to perform his job. Those are two very different claims. You made the first, while apparently you meant to make the second.

Well I can not really comment on whether you were kicked from the group without purpose, but if you received the deserter debuff after being kicked from the group then I can certainly understand your frustration OP.

I may be a little confused but I do not think you are meant to receive the deserter debuff unless you have voluntarily left the dungeon before it is complete. I know people may think this is a little overboard, but I would recommend you make a thread on the official forums requesting for clarification whether this is a bug and if so ask if and when they intend to fix it.

I would like to apologise if this issue and my suggestion is old news but I have not played World of Warcraft in a short while and I have completely forgotten most of its bugs and flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassattack View Post
    The only thing to do nowadays is sit in orgrimmar waiting for ques lol.
    You could always compete with the bots for ores and herb

There are ALWAYS three sides to a story, your side, their side, and THE TRUTH. Just saying.

Double post ftl, read below...
    Last edited by Frosties; 2011-08-13 at 01:03 AM.

Deleted
    The vote to kick system needs looking at. Sometimes you are unfortunate and get a lot of very rude players. I was recently levelling a warlock and found myself a great pug, so stayed with the healer and tank for a few hours just farming dungeons. During that time we had a few of the dps join and be very rude, so we had to use up some of our kicks. The most irritating thing tho, is when you finish the instance and one of the players goes offline. You cannot queue for another dungeon, an no one can kick them. So you have no other option than to disband group. Then its back to the 30 minute dungeon queue's and back to less than desirable groups, because lets be honest, good pugs are rare to come by. I'd rather they just had an unlimited amount of vote to kicks, but you have to have a reason, and more people have to agree to kick than disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    The vote to kick system needs looking at. Sometimes you are unfortunate and get a lot of very rude players. I was recently levelling a warlock and found myself a great pug, so stayed with the healer and tank for a few hours just farming dungeons. During that time we had a few of the dps join and be very rude, so we had to use up some of our kicks. The most irritating thing tho, is when you finish the instance and one of the players goes offline. You cannot queue for another dungeon, an no one can kick them. So you have no other option than to disband group. Then its back to the 30 minute dungeon queue's and back to less than desirable groups, because lets be honest, good pugs are rare to come by. I'd rather they just had an unlimited amount of vote to kicks, but you have to have a reason, and more people have to agree to kick than disagree.
    That is already the case. 3/5 people (2/3 voters) have to agree to kick for it to pass. The person initiating is basically an automatic yes, and being voted against is an automatic no. So the other 3 get to vote and if 2 vote against, no kicky. I definitely don't think it should be unlimited. People are tools, they will kick for no reason whatsoever. If anything I'd like to see the time limit to kick for constant kickers go up faster, but also have a way to track baddies/jerks and make it easier to kick them. It'll have to do as is though for now...

Deleted
    sounds like you joined the LFG tool with someone and then they abandoned the run, since you joined together you get removed. This is to stop people queue jumping buy queuing with a tank or healer then having the tank or healer leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    That is already the case. 3/5 people (2/3 voters) have to agree to kick for it to pass. The person initiating is basically an automatic yes, and being voted against is an automatic no. So the other 3 get to vote and if 2 vote against, no kicky. I definitely don't think it should be unlimited. People are tools, they will kick for no reason whatsoever. If anything I'd like to see the time limit to kick for constant kickers go up faster, but also have a way to track baddies/jerks and make it easier to kick them. It'll have to do as is though for now...
    Hehe, you're probably right actually. But it is a shame for the nice players who just want to complete the dungeon smoothly with other respectable like minded people. Sometimes people are just out to ruin things for others. Experienced some individuals who join a random, inspect some players to find something to pick at, and then start trash talking and criticising everything they do. These are the ones who usually cause wipes on purpose then ninja leave after half an hour of being annoying. I feel lucky now that i am in a nice guild with lots of players running heroics. So i don't have to experience some of the nasty people you get in PuGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    From what I've been told, when that happens, it's a GM manually kicking you out of the dungeon.

I was in a random on my alt, asked the Warlock a few times to stop pulling extra mobs, finally said "Just ****** stop pulling or you're going to tank it, die, and cry like a little girl".

While still in combat (was in middle of trash pack) got kicked. Talked to a GM and found out it was a GM playing an alt.
    Considering that I doubt that Blizzard allows their GM staff to play when they're supposed to be working, and they're only allowed to log onto their GM accounts while on duty and from their office building on site (because any accounts with GM powers are protected from logging in at any other location), I find your story very hard to believe.

20 bucks says it was because you were "healing" with atonement (easy to tell you're disc with Archangel and Penance on your bars)
    Last edited by Cracka_Bob; 2011-08-13 at 01:43 AM.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    sounds like you joined the LFG tool with someone and then they abandoned the run, since you joined together you get removed. This is to stop people queue jumping buy queuing with a tank or healer then having the tank or healer leave.
    As you can notice on recount there are no people from my realm. Yup it's a bit unreadable but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    20 bucks says it was because you were "healing" with atonement (easy to tell you're disc with Archangel and Penance on your bars)
    Read the whole discussion and then try to point out the "mistake" I could do. I said I am filling the time gaps between PW:S and smiting etc. Your thinking going to nowhere.

Also stop touching the people issue and discuss about the game issues that seems to be like on wheelchair.

If you get kicked soon after the dungeon starts you do get the Debuff; nobody is sure if it's a bug or if it's meant to be that way. If you're kicked later on though you don't get it. Just to clear that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only remember ever getting kicked once or twice, so I haven't had much issues with it, but one thing is for sure, you NEED to know why you were kicked.

When you initiate a kick, there's this nice little box where a reason can be typed in. Would it be so hard for blizzard to get that message to the kicked person's chatbox?

I mean, let's face it, if you're doing stuff wrong, and get kicked because of it now, you won't know you were doing it wrong, and might get kicked again next time.
    With the current system, you can't learn from your mistakes, and learning from your mistakes is almost always the best way to improve yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    I only remember ever getting kicked once or twice, so I haven't had much issues with it, but one thing is for sure, you NEED to know why you were kicked.

When you initiate a kick, there's this nice little box where a reason can be typed in. Would it be so hard for blizzard to get that message to the kicked person's chatbox?

I mean, let's face it, if you're doing stuff wrong, and get kicked because of it now, you won't know you were doing it wrong, and might get kicked again next time.
    With the current system, you can't learn from your mistakes, and learning from your mistakes is almost always the best way to improve yourself.
    They won't do it because people already use stupid reasons in the box, or they would just cuss the person out or insult them.

Read the whole discussion and then try to point out the "mistake" I could do. I said I am filling the time gaps between PW:S and smiting etc. Your thinking going to nowhere.

Also stop touching the people issue and discuss about the game issues that seems to be like on wheelchair.
    the point I was trying to make is that people don't like when healers are dpsing (I never said I disagreed with your choice or that it was a "mistake")... you were wondering why you got kicked, and I gave you the most probable reason based on the info you gave us... as for the debuff, I think it's because you were kicked so soon... when you join a dungeon you already have a CD on when you can join again, but you don't actually get a debuff (still shows up on the LFG tool though)

this is probably what happened and you were just kicked before the CD was up and therefore got stuck with the debuff... but don't quote me on that
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Deleted
    man you`re a Tauren Priest...what do you expect ? warm welcome ?

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    What else is there to do?
    Cause i only sit in a corner in Orgimmar if not doing a dungeon :O
    pvp (arena, rated bg, random bg, skirmish), raids, professions, quests, dailies, lore, guilds, friends, ....

so?