Thread: Recording WoW

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Recording WoW

So I have decided to start recording arena games and I'm wondering what program would be the best to use? I have Fraps but I don't really like it all being split up into 90s clips which makes it quite annoying to use so any other program would be very nice to have.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You must be using the free version of FRAPS if it is splitting your clips into 90s intervals otherwise you haven't set it up properly.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where do I set it up then?<snip>

Mod Warning: Do not discuss piracy here.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-13 at 02:12 AM.

try WeGame or Xfire.

wegame compresses the video files a bit, but you don't feel much of a performance hit. xfire's recordings aren't too bad either.

You can buy Fraps (full version) for $35 or something. You buy it once, and you get access to all newer versions, updates, etc.

lol I forgot I had bought fraps more than 4 years ago (during BC), and i was delighted to find that I can still download the newest version when i got interested in recording again a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreeze View Post
    Where do I set it up then?<snip>
    Proclaiming you've stolen it is probably going to get you a few sad faces, but if you're certain you're using the proper version the only reason you're getting 90 second clips is because you're recording in quite high quality settings.

Trying reducing the frame rate or capture settings. Bear in mind, fraps will create huge files because it's not possible for it to encode and record on the fly - Once a file reaches a certain size it will split the recording into a second file.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-13 at 02:12 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Mod Warning: Guys, don't discuss piracy here.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account