Thread: Limbo

Limbo

This game is awesome. Check the evidence provided below. I rest my case.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I played the demo, it's awesome. I gonna buy it very soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Tis quite an enjoyable game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is near the top of my list of games to get.(getting the 360 Triple Pack compilation disk version because I hate DL only games)

Deleted
    It was Released on the PC last week, its ok, Nothing special, just a clever black and white shadow puppet feel to the game. apart from that is just a very short platform game, with nothing more then jump and pull leaver, oh its very short...

5/10

Deleted
    Played the demo at a mate of mine. Absolutely loved it. Shows that games don't have to be about uber fancy graphics and open worlds and whatever.

It's so simple but so much fun, something a lot of new games quite frankly miss imo.

Exactly.

I recommend playing this at night, with a headset on....all in the dark

It's a fun little game for sure. The first half was MUCH better than the latter half; spider + psycho kids > dull, dull factory. Definitely worth a purchase. Edit: As someone else said, headphones are a must!
    Last edited by Divada; 2011-08-13 at 08:34 PM.

Dont take it seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scary as Hell (x

Really cool though

I found it very entertaining. The little touches and sounds are top notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started off being pleasently entertained. Then I got into enough that I totally WAS screaming at the screen everytime I died and every fucking time that fucking spider would show up. FUCKING SPIDER.

It's probably because it scares the hell out of me. But on the whole, much better and themey than stupid Amnesia. That game was just one giant ball of frustration (and not remotely scary).

The art style was interesting and the gameplay was simple yet addicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a game that won all those prizes, I was expecting a "little" more.

Deleted
    Hipster bullshit that is just a rip off of heart of darkness.

Whenever this game is brought up I just stop the conversation cold and tell the person to shut the hell up.

Indie games like this is what is painting the indie industry as a bunch of artistic assholes who can't make an interesting game without throwing tons of eyeliner on it and call it deep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Hipster bullshit that is just a rip off of heart of darkness.

Whenever this game is brought up I just stop the conversation cold and tell the person to shut the hell up.

Indie games like this is what is painting the indie industry as a bunch of artistic assholes who can't make an interesting game without throwing tons of eyeliner on it and call it deep.
    geez, dude, you sound just as bad as a hipster by judging things so harshly. Be careful or you'll become what you hate.

As for the topic, if you guys like LIMBO, then honestly LBP 2 can match it better and seriously do the exact same thing almost. I played a community level just the other day that was made to be the exact same thing as the first level, and I didn't have to pay a dime for LIMBO.

I'm not hating on the game though, I really really want it, but LBP 2 honestly offers so many more platforming levels with so many different styles and even some exactly the same as LIMBO that it just seems a little pointless.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 02:55 AM ----------

hey, I tried looking for the actual LIMBO level on Youtube, but I couldn't find it. There's a lot of outdated ones from LBP1 even that look just as good.

I'd just like to say if you have a PS3 and you really like Platformers it might be better to give LBP 2 a shot. It's honestly my favorite game. Never need to play the same level twice.

Just remember, this one is really outdated, but I still think it looks good. The actual version is even better
    Last edited by Ms Andry; 2011-08-15 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    geez, dude, you sound just as bad as a hipster by judging things so harshly. Be careful or you'll become what you hate.
    I hate it because it pushes itself as "artistic" and "new" while being a practical carbon copy of one of my most beloved childhood games while also being a savage lobotomy of the game because of it's pretentious "deep" edge it tries to convey.

If anything I hate it because it tries pushing video games as art in the totally wrong way.