10+ Year Old Account

Audio and OC Problem

First off,

My sound seems to crackle even at medium levels. All my drivers are up to date and there's nothing wrong with my jacks or devices.
    The sound card is a 'VIA High Definition Audio' built in with a M4N68T-M V2 LE Asus Motherboard.

I've tried a ton of suggested stuff from forums and nothing seems to work, so I thought I would see if MMO-Champ could help me out.

Secondly,

As mentioned above, I have a M4N68T-M V2 LE Asus Motherboard and a Geforce 8600GT Graphics card. (9600GT being fixed) As some may or may not know, this motherboard comes with Asus' software called AI Suite and EPU Engine which controls overclocking and hardware settings.

I've also spent days trying to overcome this problem to no avail.

EPU Engine gives me an error message: "EPU cannot launch under the current overclocking settings. Please restart your system, load the EPU default settings in BIOS, and launch EPU again."

Searching about, I read that I need everything on Auto in the BIOS settings. So I went through my settings and set absolutely everything to default and Auto, even mirrored someone else's settings that worked for them. None of which worked for me.

I really want to use the Turbo key to overlock my Mobo to full potential. Why settle for minimum when I can get more, eh?

Has anyone ever had the same problem and overcome it?

PS. Please no "Yeah, get a new motherboard" or "Manually OC" Income doesn't allow for hardware changes right now and for some reason it just doesn't do anything when I try manually overclocking, so there must be a simple fix?

Deleted
    My girlfriend had that mobo with a Phenom II 555 at that time and it just hated being overclocked even by a measly 400mhz either way. The instability is likely to cause the epu errors and that chipset is an absolute dog are you 100% sure it is the most up to date version of drivers? The downloads asus offer for it are not the most recent and it took a lot of digging around to find ones that worked.

I hope you have more luck than i did because i actually just got pissed off and chucked it and got a gigabyte 760g mobo instead cos the Nvidia 630a/7025 chipset is well past it, And anything i have had from asus in the past 2 years has been nothing but garbage.

Deleted
    First, you're trying to overclock the processor, not the graphics card, correct? (GPU overclocking should be done by GPU software)

You'll need to say what actual processor you've got for that; different models have different tolerances (and though I cannot recall the specifics for AMD systems), and some can't really be overclocked at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    I actually just got pissed off and chucked it and got a gigabyte 760g mobo instead cos the Nvidia 630a/7025 chipset is well past it, And anything i have had from asus in the past 2 years has been nothing but garbage.
    I downloaded the chip drivers from Nvidia and used the Asus update for the Bios update. Not sure about any recent updates. I'm thinking of using it as a spare comp for the mrs and saving up for a new one to be honest. It's getting on my nerves now lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    First, you're trying to overclock the processor, not the graphics card, correct? (GPU overclocking should be done by GPU software)

You'll need to say what actual processor you've got for that; different models have different tolerances (and though I cannot recall the specifics for AMD systems), and some can't really be overclocked at all.
    Yeah, just thought I'd add the GFX in. It's a AMD Phenom II 550.

Oh, and just to add to everything. I can't get the damn thing to read my Sata drive so I'm using a crappy 10 year old IDE 80gb drive.

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 03:10 AM ----------

Sorry to bump...

But, does anyone know a fix around the audio crackling and stuttering? I can live without the OC for now, but the audio is doing my nut in.
    Last edited by Treebody; 2011-08-13 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Official bumpage now

The sound has started going really crap.

It started off turning off the Bass management so voices kept going really deep and faint.
    Secondly, it started to jump like every 5-10 seconds as if you were watching an online video with low bandwidth. (Little quick loading spats)
    It even does it with wow.

And then, to top it all off, I have no idea the cause just how the hell, but... the sound got delayed by like 5 seconds and sometimes 10. I'd be watching a video or playing wow and after a fight just standing there I would hear the whole fight like 10 seconds after and similar delays with videos.

I really don't care about the OC fix for now. I'm working on a new build anyway. But what I really can't put up with for months possibly even 'til next year is a crap sound. Especially when I'm using 5.1 speakers and trying to get the best out of them.