Soloing T5 as a Warlock.

So with all this Transmogrifier talk I've been eyeing possible gear choices if that is what it is indeed for. I was wondering if its possible to solo T5(TK SSC) as a Demo Warlock?

Deleted
    Best way of finding out if it's possible for a class - ask community.
    Best way of finding out if YOU can do it - try!

Just because a DK have soloed Arthas, doesn't mean my DK can go ahead and do the same straight off the bat. I need to try it myself before I know if it's possible for ME to do it with my DK...

10+ Year Old Account
    SSC headpiece boss aint soloable due to mechanics if im not mistaken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockmybllz View Post
    indeed, would need 2 at a minimum, possibly 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lockmybllz View Post
    Oh yeah knowing that boss you deff need more. But looking at the bosses and trying to remember which mechanics they have I KNOW the shoulder boss is easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj is impossible alone because of mechanics, I'd say you need AT LEAST two people. Even then, don't just go in, but make sure what you're doing, because you WILL wipe if you don't.

Kael'Thas might also be pretty hard, if not impossible. Especially since he can mindcontrol you because you have a pet (he doesn't mindcontrol if you're there alone). Afaik he just despawns at that point, because there's no hostile players anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    Vashj is impossible alone because of mechanics, I'd say you need AT LEAST two people. Even then, don't just go in, but make sure what you're doing, because you WILL wipe if you don't.
    Tainted Core debuff no longer roots you in place.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmff4 View Post
    Tainted Core debuff no longer roots you in place.
    Since when?

Last time I did it it still did, and this was in Cata.

Edit: Just checked wowhead, and it seems you're right. Seems it was changed with 4.2.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    Since when?

Last time I did it it still did, and this was in Cata.
    Since 4.2. It was an undocumented change.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmff4 View Post
    Since 4.2. It was an undocumented change.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=31088
    According to WoWHeads tooltip, it seems to be true
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Well for SSC i know vashj will not be soloable due to the mechanics. I've done most of the bosses in there solo with my shadowpriest.

As for BT, i solo'd everything there EXCEPT for the room with the 3 faces locked in the box whatever it was called. the problem is on phase 2 she fires off constant fears, and you're trapped in them. even with 3 people we had a lot of trouble. its a fast cast so no much time to break away. plus all the mana drains during that one as well. All the other bosses, icluding illidan, were pretty easy however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnz View Post
    Well for SSC i know vashj will not be soloable due to the mechanics. I've done most of the bosses in there solo with my shadowpriest.

As for BT, i solo'd everything there EXCEPT for the room with the 3 faces locked in the box whatever it was called. the problem is on phase 2 she fires off constant fears, and you're trapped in them. even with 3 people we had a lot of trouble. its a fast cast so no much time to break away. plus all the mana drains during that one as well. All the other bosses, icluding illidan, were pretty easy however.
    Look up

Also, the OP was asking about T5, BT is T6

Quote Originally Posted by Barnz View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIP11n5goLQ .....well this is awkward.

Seeing as a mage soloed Kael, and a hunter soloed vash, I doubt a warlock would have issues with either
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

TK
    Lootreaver: definitely soloable. very annoying due to silences.
    Alar: easily
    lolarian: It is but I personally didn't down her. Got lazy after 4-5 wipes but I've read that she indeed is soloable by locks.
    Kael: Doubt he is due to MC mechanics. I tried twice and only got to phase 3 and got wtfpwned.

SSC: never tried it but most seem to be soloable. FLK definitely isn't due to mechanics. Moro and Leo might be but from what I read/heard are very very hard, especialy Moro and his fart bubbles.

3/4 Tempest Keep is a joke as a Demo warlock. I do 3/4 every week because it's a quick 1k gold and I always enjoyed soloing old raid content (Was soloing Mag's Lair for months until they nerfed the gold). Having the Moonwell Chalice works wonders since the Doomguard will easily do a good 800 to 900k in damage in 1 min with it.

Voidreaver: Use the Succubus to tank. Pets will constantly lose threat due to knockbacks and you can stop dotting for a while while for catches up on threat. I tried tanking with the fel hunter but it was worse due to constant need of dots. You have to keep moving to avoid silences.

Al'ar: Use the Fel Guard and simply burn Alar down. In both phases make sure you kill the small adds that spawn since when they die Al'ar's health goes down. Make sure you are with your pet on the second phase when he knocks back or else your pet would despawn and you would be screwed on threat.

Solarian: Easiest one yet. Pop all cooldowns, summon Doomguard and melt her. Drop a portal and use it whenever she knocks you in the air to get more dps time on her. Use Fel storm on the adds and kill the 2 priests when they come out.

I haven't bothered to solo Kael since I luckily already got Ashes of Al'ar but I still do Kael every week with 3 friends. I would imagine that a warlock could solo Kael with the right placement of adds.

As for SSC, I don't think any are soloable except for Vash'j now that tainted cores don't freeze you. Maybe Lurker as well?

Hydross will hit too hard to heal
    Leo will eventually melt you away due to stacking debuffs
    FLK is impossible due to adds
    Tidewalker's bubbles might screw you over
    Last edited by IdTheDemon; 2011-08-13 at 09:15 PM.

I saw a dk solo vashj and they didn't get rooted so yea it's gone.

kael'thas is definitely solo'able but NOT EASY AT ALL. you can do it as demonology (los the MC) but in my opinion its a wicked micromanaging headache... and just recently a lock from an asian realm solo'd him as affliction, but its very picky about spec, glyphs, gear etc... and is not anywhere near simple, be prepared to spend several hours learning it and all the little exploits that you have to use.