New graphic card?

My computer is getting really slow and i can almost not even play very casual games like WoW on fair graphics :/ so im thinking about buying a new graphics card since i didn't notice that my graphic card sucked when i bought the computer a year ago, my graphic card is Geforce G210 512 MB yeah it sucks :P But does a new graphic card really solve my FPS problems or is a new processor a better thing to buy? I currently have AMD Athlon II X2 220 which i think isn't that bad of a processor but am i wrong? If a new graphic card is a good thing to buy, please give me some tips for good graphic cards for around 300 bucks

Hard to say. Both are pretty low-end. I'd think the GPU is holding you back more than the CPU, but even that isn't much more than a scrap-metal.

Any GPU for even close to 300$ would bottleneck your CPU so fast. Even a 150$ would.

Do you know whether you have a AM2+, AM3 motherboard or similiar?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Hard to say. Both are pretty low-end. I'd think the GPU is holding you back more than the CPU, but even that isn't much more than a scrap-metal.

Any GPU for even close to 300$ would bottleneck your CPU so fast. Even a 150$ would.

Ehm, on speccy it says "Model 2A99" if that's what you mean

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 07:02 PM ----------

And btw i didn't know almost anything about computer specs when i bought the computer so that's why all my specs are kinda shitty :/

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post

Btw, what do you mean with "bottleneck"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?:P Sorry for my inknowledge xD

Deleted
    Bottlenecking refers to one part being so much worse than the other, that the good part can't use its' full potential.
    I.e, your processor would be holding your new GPU back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    Bottlenecking refers to one part being so much worse than the other, that the good part can't use its' full potential.
    I.e, your processor would be holding your new GPU back.
    So it's better for me to buy a new processor or maybe both?