Deleted

Affliction in 5-man heroics

Im having trouble with my dps in 5-mans. I need some advices? Since that i only have 2 specs and im using one for pvp and currently playing affliction in raids. How do you do, and how much dps are you pulling during trash 3-5 mobs or so. Im doing 10-12k max. I usualy just use my normal rotation, and some multi-dotting if there is time (mobs die fast).

10+ Year Old Account
    Some specs excel on any kind of AoE, others don't. From what I've heard, afflock belongs to "don't". Just enjoy your numbers on bossfights^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    I do enjoy bosses tho just wanted to hear if anyone had some tips or if i was doing something wrong.

Affliction has a ramp-up which rarely gets going on trash.
    There is little you can do when the spec favours longer fights.

Solution: Have a demo offspec.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Don't spend too much time dotting a target that only has 120k health. Just spam shadowbolts and that should help a bit Less dotting of targets that wont live long enough to see more than 1 or 2 tics.

Be sure to take full advantage of Soul Swap if you really want to DoT and not just fling Shadowbolts. If everyone else is targeting Mob A, DoT up Mob B and Soul Swap to C. Your DoTs shouldn't pull aggro before the rest of the group switches over.

You just need to know when DoTing is worth it or when Shadowbolting the better route. This largely depends on your/your group's gear and how fast things are dying exactly. Don't ever 'just Felflame' a mob, like Shadow Priests can do with Mind Spike. Your Felhunter does more burst DPS to a DoT-less mob than you can that way.

Then weep quietly in a corner when you get to Jin'do and are expected to solo every part of the fight.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips Will be trying it out when i get home

affliction is a weak spec for 5man dungeons, most of their dmg comes when the boss is under 25% because of drain soul, and in dungeons bosses just last like 15second to take down from 25% to 0, for trash packs of 4 mobs or more i usually open with Soulburn->Seed of Corrupion thats helps o boost the dps a little.