Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I managed to go for heavy mst build and a good AoE advice-addons, sniping 50k+mst with CoH every cd. Guess there's need to tweak, balance wise.

Fact is that r.druids are just too effective in mindless aoe spam 'cuz of the nature of their spell, so u'll get sniped 24/7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Fact is that r.druids are just too effective in mindless aoe spam 'cuz of the nature of their spell, so u'll get sniped 24/7.
    I don't usually do this in my moderation section, but..

wat.

Why does everyone think they have to stack one stat over everything else?
    Blizzard changed the game a long time ago so some classes can benefit equally from different stats. Mastery and Haste are both good for Holy and crit isnt completely terrible anymore but i wouldnt go out of your way to get it. You need good regen from spirit and Int is as always a priority. It's not like DPS where you HAVE to do maximum HPS, its about creating a good balance between your HPM, regen and HPM(Healing per mana)

there is also little point in arguing Holy vs Disc because both have uses. With Holy Lightwell is great, CoH is awesome, Guardian spirit can save wipes, you can quickly change from being an awesome raid healer to being a tank healer. Disc is a great tank healer, bubbles are great, Pennance is good, Pain suppression and Power Infusion are good too.

Is it any wonder that top raid guilds use all 3 types of priests? Stop aruging about it and just choose what you enjoy the most.
    Last edited by Sikizim; 2011-08-14 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Holy works perfectly fine with a resto druid, hell I heal with 2 of them on the 3 healer fights sometimes.
    You know what works with druid HoTs? EoL
    You know what really screws over druids? Topping the raid up so fast with PoH that their hots are rendered moot.

Don't buy into the "respec disc" rhetoric. There is a time and a place for everything, and raid comp may very well dictate a greater need for a Disc priest. But it is by no means necessary unless you are rolling three holy priests or something.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I personally stack mastery. Sure the little healing ticks every second could seem wimpy. But overall the ticks from my mastery are decently large chunk of my healing. Personally i don't look at healing per second, but overall healing done. The Echo of Light may not be apparent in helping you, but in the long run, Echo of Light puts up some good numbers throughout the fight. Its even pretty useful with tank healing. a good 50k+ crit from greater heal adding around an extra 2k tick a second plus renew ticks is nice.

My philosophy is to stack Haste in 10 man and Mastery in 25 man.
    This is coming from a completely raid healing PoV, and as others have pointed out its all a matter of preference.

Kelesti -

Although I've been won over to your side by experimenting, (ie you are right. disc outperforms in most comps atm)

The person you were responding to simply said holy becomes worse when sharing raid heals with a druid.
    This is 100% true and the thing that pushed me to experiment with disc in the first place.
    I don't think I've discussed this topic on mmo-c before but I wish to defend his point.

By necessity, because of the imprecise nature of HoT healing, druids have been given enough mana gain to spam. Since some of their hots taper, and others are smartheals, it makes even more sense for them to precast and follow up AoE with heavy spam. Holy priest healing is about cutting activity time to save our casts for when they will hit with low overheal - as a result, our HoTs build up to their peak right after the raid is topped off. Maybe 30% of the druid's hot overheals, while >50% of my Echo overheals. Bad. The druid can afford his overall 40% overheal, where I am struggling with mana overhealing ~25%.

To answer the OP, holy mastery boosts your raw throughput by significantly more than haste. But it doesn't really work because during AoE spam a huge amount of Echo will overheal. IE, HST is actually better (by a fair margin) in most cases.

Holy still has higher sustainable spike AoE (holy word short cooldown vs PI long cooldown) and frankly better AoE efficiency. Maybe near the end of this content we will see holy make a comeback. Maybe in 2 healer 10 man comps/5 healer 25 man comps? We will see.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-08-14 at 07:36 AM.

Ok, thanks for your replies everyone. It made holy healing aspec a bit more clear for me.

BTW, what about Disc healing? Is lt still based around Smite spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    Archangel/atonement (popularly referred to as AA builds) is one of two viable disc spec flavors. But your way of using it usually only works for overgeared content. Smite spam is relatively equivalent to heal spam in throughput, and may just keep a tank alive if you all overgear the content. But in raids and more demanding heroics it really won't really cut it.

For raids, if you do take AA, you typically take it to boost your penance spell. By throwing in a Holy Fire every now and then(which provides a decent smart heal), you can build evangelism stacks which really increase your penance output. Just don't let that evangelism stack fall off. And you can always consume the evangelism stack for a nice +healing booster when the manure hits the fan.

I'm honestly not a big fan of it, but it works out well if you are able to give it the extra attention it requires.

Danner, again missing the small details. Evangelism only increases the damage of your Penance.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I don't usually do this in my moderation section, but..

wat.
    You don't raid with a decent resto druid as holy, don't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    Ok, thanks for your replies everyone. It made holy healing aspec a bit more clear for me.

Disc healing is all about shielding low health people so ur druid buddy's hots can heal him up without risk of random aoe (assuming there is some) killing him. Oh and then lots of tank healing due to current encounter design. Smite healing right now is something you do when healing required is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Danner, again missing the small details. Evangelism only increases the damage of your Penance.
    while this is true, it's still a good idea to ceep the 5 stacks up (until you need them) because it does reduce the manaxost of penance making it even more efficient :-) And Holy Fire is a great "heal" with 5stacks up in terms of hpm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    You don't raid with a decent resto druid as holy, don't you?
    You don't raid as a decent holy priest with a resto Druid accompanying you, do you?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Meh. Only shows you how good I am with disc. I miss my holyspec ^^