Overclocking intel core i3

So i have an laptop, Samsung RF510.

It has 4GB ram, 2.40ghz prosessor.

If i want to overclock this, for better performance, what do i do, and how do i do it?

Thanks in advance.

Overclocking a laptop is usually a bad idea :P

They generally aren't the best at getting rid of any extra heat.

But if you want to overclock, you enter the BIOS and alter settings for it. Which settings totally depends on the hardware you are using, but if you type in your laptop model number + "overclocking" in google, I'm sure you will get some guides for it.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Ah okey, thanks alot Arachnan!

I also have a normal computer but for some reason it keeps shutting itself off :P

So im using my laptop, it works very good tho, im running at ultra video setting and i got no lagg what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfmenow View Post
    So i have an laptop, Samsung RF510.

It has 4GB ram, 2.40ghz prosessor.

If i want to overclock this, for better performance, what do i do, and how do i do it?

Thanks in advance.

Do NOT overclock a laptop unless you know how to increase its cooling ability. Otherwise you end up with an expensive paperweight ( overclocking usually voids your warranty as well )

Yeah i figured :P

Only good thing about that is, i diddent pay for it :P Won it at a competition at my work

Overclocking a laptop is a bad idea; they are generally at the edge of what they can handle TDP-wise either way.

And in any event, chances are you've got a HM55 or HM51-motherboard (or possibly HM65 if it's a sandy bridge). You can't overclock on those boards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention pushing the power supply harder can cause some... unexpected results D:
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Not to mention pushing the power supply harder can cause some... unexpected results D:
    Pff. I ran my old notebook with a netbook-adapter. It was fine as long as it always was fully charged. If it was not... Irregular things happened. And killed my battery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okey, thanks alot Arachnan!

I also have a normal computer but for some reason it keeps shutting itself off :P

So im using my laptop, it works very good tho, im running at ultra video setting and i got no lagg what so ever.
    Wait, why do you want to overclock it then... cool story bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    I wouldn't be using an overclocked laptop on my lap no :P
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Wait, why do you want to overclock it then... cool story bro?

Haha yeah i know..

Only reason i would do it is to learn how its done tbh :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah i know..

Only reason i would do it is to learn how its done tbh :P
    Laptops don't make for great testbeds when trying out your first OC, generally.