Keylogger or something.. Please help!!!

Hi. My cousin was playing SC2 with me, and he started typing things that he wasn't typing. He lost control of his mouse and keyboard, like someone else was controlling them. He isn't lying, I was right next to him. He tried other games, the same thing happens. We think the stuff that gets typed is stuff that my cousin has typed before, hence keylogger maybe. He has a good antivirus, called ESET NOD32 antivirus 4, and it doesnt catch anything. Please help.. its a new computer and his first ever that he built himself. No one knows whats wrong that i've talked to..

Someone messing with him via Remote Desktop?
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

It's no one he knows. No one knows about his new computer yet except for me and one other, it was definitely not him. It must be some type of virus..

What keyboard/mouse is your cousin using?

My bet is that he's accidently remapped some macro-key, with timebased delay, and possibly put it where a regular key is supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    What keyboard/mouse is your cousin using?

My bet is that he's accidently remapped some macro-key, with timebased delay, and possibly put it where a regular key is supposed to be.
    This. I lost a $50 SC2 tournament because I hit the macro key on my Blackwidow and couldn't get it to stop. >.<

A keylogger doesn't have this capabilities (remote desktop control). A RAT does, but I doubt that you have one.
    You need to explain better what happened.

i'll just get my cousin to comment on this thread. he will be home in like 30 mins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    i'll just get my cousin to comment on this thread. he will be home in like 30 mins
    What keyboard does he have? O.o

it's ghosts mate.. His computer is apparently possessed by an evil spirit or a ghost..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megiddo View Post
    it's ghosts mate.. His computer is apparently possessed by an evil spirit or a ghost..
    I giggled, despite the uselessness. x3

As far as I know , keylogger can only store everything you type into notepad on an another computer, he cant control what you are typing.

keyboard macro is a no go. he has a razor black widow advanced keyboard, but a macro would not move his LoL character around and type things he just said, completely taking control of his keyboard AND mouse..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    keyboard macro is a no go. he has a razor black widow advanced keyboard, but a macro would not move his LoL character around and type things he just said, completely taking control of his keyboard AND mouse..
    Yes it would. Go into his driver menu and delete the macro called "New Macro 1" and tell him to stop pressing the macro recording key. (Mind you, I'm 100% sure this is the issue. .-.)

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like sub7 or netbus lol
    I remember installing those on my friends computers back in the late 90s to mess with them was hillarious
    some of the newer ones even had dynamic ip support so they would instant message or email you there ip when it changed
    I don't do stuff like that anymore though since its illegal and because sometimes the client for those trojans also sometimes installs the server silently without you knowing about it

Deleted
    I had this issue as well a little while back...freaked me out it wudnt even stop when i pulled out my internet and it was havin an conversation with me (the virus or what ever it was) ;s I just reformated and reinstalled my computer and it was gone....was fukin scary tho

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Yes it would. Go into his driver menu and delete the macro called "New Macro 1" and tell him to stop pressing the macro recording key. (Mind you, I'm 100% sure this is the issue. .-.)
    Thank you, I'll ask him if it worked.