10+ Year Old Account

"unbinding" a keyboard key

Yoyo

So I use Tilde as my vent button, but when I'm in-game or on the internet and I hold it down to talk, my chat gets spammed with little apostrophes. Is there a way to just...unbind this key so I can hold it without having it spam me?

I tried KeyTweak and changed it to the up arrow, and while that works in-game (since my up arrow isn't bound to anything), it's still an issue if I'm surfing MMO-Champ and other sites. Can someone offer any suggestions?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Bind it to control or something? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Bind it to control or something? :S
    Ctrl is a serious modifier for me in-game, I'd rather not have it involve vent. I'm comfortable with Tilde.

If there is absolutely no other option, I'll probably have to change the way I bind most of my keys.
    [/url]

Deleted
    Why don't you just use a mouse key? such as the scroll button press down.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seriously can't unclick a chat box to talk in vent? O.o I bound mine to middle mouse click. .-. What kind of keyboard do you have?

keytweak should be able to disable the key altogether... though that might make it not work for vent either.
    Could try rebinding it to something that doesn't do anything else... maybe one of the function keys?
    btw you can hold down the tilde key to talk while typing?... that's impressive.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    You seriously can't unclick a chat box to talk in vent? O.o I bound mine to middle mouse click. .-. What kind of keyboard do you have?
    I bind mine to middle mouse too... works great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you unbind the key, it would be unbound for ventrilo as well. :< Or what is it I'm missing?

I personally have bound P2T to G7. Macrokeys ftw.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    keytweak should be able to disable the key altogether... though that might make it not work for vent either.
    Could try rebinding it to something that doesn't do anything else... maybe one of the function keys?
    btw you can hold down the tilde key to talk while typing?... that's impressive.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 07:59 PM ----------

I bind mine to middle mouse too... works great.
    My current push to talk is actually "Ctrl Alt Shift G". I needed middle mouse button for stuffs. Unfortunately, if I click while keyed up, I ping the minimap in Starcraft 2. -_-'

10+ Year Old Account
    So, my normal action bar is the num pad's 1-12, on my Naga. Ctrl & shift modifiers give me lots of pages.

I use F1-F12 as well since my keyboard is so teeny tiny (Laptop), using the 1-12 on top feels unnatural to me when reaching to stick a Hunter's mark on someone.

For comparison, on my Razer Arctosa, having your middle finger on W and your pinky on Tilde is a bit of a stretch when raiding or typing. On my Laptop's keyboard, it's like having your middle finger on W and your pinky on the Q-1-Tab corner. It's very small.
    [/url]

I'm too tired for this. I just tried imagining reaching for tilde while gaming as well, and couldn't figure out why anyone would want to reach for ctrl+alt+¨.
    Then it hit me, you Americanos probably have it to the left of 1, where we normal people have § right? ;o
    Pff, bind something real to that. Like earthshield.
    &nbsp;

I don't think there's any easy way of doing what you want. Bite the bullet and bind it to a mouse button.

When I had a crappy mouse with no buttons I would bind talk to a keyboard key. It was awful. I got a better mouse with more buttons and bound talk to one of my thumb buttons. Much better. I don't know how you can stand it.