Deleted

nvidia driver fixed?

Hey last week boub posted that you should wait with the updating of nvidias new driver, and im wondering if the bugs are fixed and its safe to update now?

They haven't changed the version number so that suggests no changes have been made, but thats merely an assumption
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

Deleted
    AFAIK, there was never anything wrong with the drivers from the beginning. The drivers changed how some card managed power consumption and thus some users experienced hotter cards. Max temperature (full load) is, to my knowledge, the same for most users. If you have OC:d your card you might want to downclock it a bit just to be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe the driver changed the GPU usuage so that it provided more performance throughout gameplay and thus people noticed high temps more often, rather than a higher overall temps. the driver still has voltage and temp protection, i believe they unlocked the voltage control up to 0.970 volts for the gtx 590, while the last driver had locked it completely. other than that, the rest of the stuff was performance improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0wtime View Post
    Hey last week boub posted that you should wait with the updating of nvidias new driver, and im wondering if the bugs are fixed and its safe to update now?
    It was always safe to update.

I havent seen the slightst temp increase in both the beta 285 and the WHQL drivers?

My old nvidia card just died with the new drivers. Could be a coincidence though...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

There was more problems reported in the official thread at nvidia forums, not just the few C higher temps.
    I am going to wait till new drivers, because currently I havent had any problems or low performance with 275.33.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |