Deleted

[Movies] Director's Cuts that make movies worth watching (again)

It has become quite a recent trend that movies will release "Extended/Special Editions" or "Director's Cuts" a few years after the original movie aired.

Now in many cases this is simply a cash-grapping act, trying to milk the franchise for what it's worth.

But there are occasions when the Director's Cut is either significantly better than the original or puts a completely different spin on things.

Blade Runner is a typical example of a movie made better by the directors cut. I other cases they really don't add much (Return of the King).

Anyway, I was hoping to get a list of movies that are worth re-watching as Director's Cuts.

Foe example, the Director's Cut of Sucker Punch, which is considered a mediocre movie by most, is supposed to make a whole lot more sense than the original. Same apparently applies to Kingdom of Heaven, although a thread above seems to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daredevil and Brazil are the two that I can think of off the top of my head. Daredevil is still an average movie, but the directors cut is much better then the original and Brazil is always awesome, but the extended version is a masterpiece.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lord of the ring's trilogy extended cut is amazing! Get it
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    aye I can't watch the lotr's normal cuts anymore they just plain dont' make sense when compared to the extended cuts.

I've heard the same thing about Suckerpunch (and tbh I loved the original, so if the EC is better... bring it on )

Red Cliff is another film that's supposed to be 1000x better in the extended cut.... but seeing as the EC is 6 hours long I've not been brave enough to find out.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I really did enjoy Blade runner's directors cut though I can't really come up with any more as it is.. though I might give sucker punch a watch through as extended, I was planning to see it anyway : )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Lord of the ring's trilogy extended cut is amazing! Get it
    I'm torn about the EE for LotR

Part 1 was different, especially the beginning, but really didn't add a whole lot.

Part 2 filled a few plot holes that otherwise didn't make sense.

Part 3 just made a long film even longer without adding much of value.

Kingdom of Heaven, definitely. The theatrical cut received a lot of criticism, but the director's cut is simply a different movie.

I really do not enjoy Blade Runner: The Directors Cut even though they can not come up, because it was .. even if I could give Sucker Punch Watch extended through, I was thinking about it anyway

Aliens Extended / Directors.

Terminator 2 haven't seen directors cut, you haven't seen the movie at all...
    And The good the bad and the evil pro movie directors cut.

Lord of the rings. Adds like 3 hours to the whole movie.

superman II: the richard donner cut is an pretty amazing directors cut.