Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The main problem was, they were in 369+ ilevel gear ofc they can outdps me, and if I could pull out 12K+ then i would been removed as well cus it's still lower than the leader expectations.

Well 10k isn't the dps you should do with your gear (don't have a warlock but i don't think there's a that big diff between warrior/shaman and warlocks) in 346 you should already pull ~15.
    But meh if you don't die to fire/other stuff i wouldn't kick you but wouldn't be satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Mmownd View Post
    The main problem was, they were in 369+ ilevel gear ofc they can outdps me, and if I could pull out 12K+ then i would been removed as well cus it's still lower than the leader expectations.
    No, the main problem is is that you aren't pulling your weight. Your rotation is wrong, plain and simple. Fix it and I can all but guarantee that your dps will jump up to at LEAST 15k.

Ppl like you are poison for this community.

sure I deserved it...
    I think its hilarious you selectively ignore the fact you don't even know how to play your class as you yourself made completely clear in your original post. You come here, ask "what's wrong with ppl?", are informed that it is clearly you that is the problem, and procede to attempt to defend yourself with assine backwards logic like "if I could pull out 12K+ then i would been removed as well cus it's still lower than the leader expectations" instead of saying "wow guys you are right, I am just a terrible destruction warlock, I guess I will do a little research so I can better do my job and avoid this in the future".

You got kicked because you don't know how to play, it's literally that simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    tanks in LFD on single target fights do more then 10k, thats sad. you deserved it, your slowing down the group. look for the correct rotation, or try a spec that isnt gimped at the moment since it seems off all the specs in wow, destro is extremely low
    This 10 times!

Sorry, but the first telltale signs of bad players are intentionally using a gimped spec, and doing less damage than the tank. You unfortunately perfectly fit the description on both counts. Increase your DPS by about 5k. (Dropping the baddie-spec alone will bring you up by a few thousand.) It's not hard, even at your item level. I as Feral, one of the most gimped specs in last tier, pulled ~15k in quest gear during the Cataclysm pre-raid gearing rush.

I probably wouldn't have gone as far as removing you from the group, as 10k is enough to (barely) beat boss enrages, but I certainly would have let you know that you are doing it wrong.

Funny story, my guild just (finally, after a year) booted a Warlock who clung to baddie-specs in a 25m raid because "they were comfortable." She still got angry at the GM and couldn't understand why she was removed even after improving her damage. Newsflash lady: despite "improving" your damage, you're still doing less than the tank.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2011-08-14 at 02:45 PM.

The discussion should be about how fair is to remove player becuase he specced wrong and or doing worng rotation and fall behind.

It's not a <insert your dps here > contest.
    Last edited by Mmownd; 2011-08-14 at 02:47 PM.

A few tips to this.

You do not have a rotation as destro you have a priority queue.

What this means is there are some spells you need up before others and to check on before you cast anything else.

Your soulfire buff. This needs a 100% up time. Do not let it fall off. On the run in you should soulburn and soul fire to get it up. The procs for a free soulfire are nice but it still needs a 100% up time so hard cast it if you have too.

Next are your dots Immolate, BoD, and Corruption. Keep theese up. Do not use fel flame to refresh immolate this is a dps loss. Hard cast immolate you get more dps out this way.

Conflag on cool down this will do a nice hit and give you backdraft procs.

Chaos bolt on cooldown,

Incinerate when you have backdraft procs left and nothing else to do. Also once every 30 seconds atleast for the crit debuff but usually someone else in your parfty has this up so its lower in priority.

Fel flame, there are 2 reasons to use fel flame and most people do it wrong. Reason 1 is you have the t11 4 piece bonus set your addon to watch for a buff you get called fel spark cast fel flame when you have it and it is slightly above your incinerate in priority. The only other reason to use it is if your moving and dont need to refresh dots and dont need to refresh soulfire (soulburn) never use fel flame otherwise.

If anyone sees somthing wrong with this speak up. I am still half asleep.
    Last edited by Keilith; 2011-08-14 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is not one single rotation you MUST follow for every spec. You can play like you want, maybe you will do lesser dps, but that's okay, since the game is about fun. Some people bash us because we don't spec the right spec, because we take 1 talent point in another skill and because we may not be as good as them. That's WoW. That's the community.

(This is not a comment to the OP only, but to the community)

The discussion should be about how fair is to remove player becuase he specced wrong and or doing worng rotation and fall behind.

It's completely fair for 80% of a group to remove 20% that's holding them back. It happens all the time, and as has been previously stated, YOU are the problem. Suck it up, l2p, and you won't get kicked.

Deleted
    what happens in /whisper stays in /whisper.

I'm not seeing a dps contest happening in this thread. People have mentioned different dps they have put out to use as a comparison to your dps, which sounds very lackluster.

I would say it is perfectly fair to kick someone who doesn't know their spec/rotation and is getting carried, though as a fellow lock I would have informed you of your mistakes, see if you listened, then kicked or not kicked accordingly.

Demo is fairly amusing though in 5mans, and fyi, a demo doomguard does more than 10k dps :\

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    There is not one single rotation you MUST follow for every spec. You can play like you want, maybe you will do lesser dps, but that's okay, since the game is about fun. Some people bash us because we don't spec the right spec, because we take 1 talent point in another skill and because we may not be as good as them. That's WoW. That's the community.

Not having the cookie cutter specc(which don't exist for all classes atm) is not the problem, i've been in dungeons/pug raids with frost mages/BM hunters/etc and never said "play specc X it's better than yours" ASLONG they do some decent dps, in Zul'dungeons dps should be able to do 15k if they don't I'll kick them and tell them to look up their rotations and better go to the "old" heroics again.

The usual correct answer to that is - go run with guildies if you want to do it the wrong way.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    tanks in LFD on single target fights do more then 10k, thats sad. you deserved it, your slowing down the group. look for the correct rotation, or try a spec that isnt gimped at the moment since it seems off all the specs in wow, destro is extremely low

Tanks get really hard damaged at trash, that's why you see tanks do more dps. It's all about the vengeance..

You really should spec affliction or Demo, otherwise anyone that has a clue about the class will assume you're a newb.

^ This is what's wrong with the community. Not only is it rude and unhelpful, it's also false. I've rarely seen a tank do more than 10k in LFD where it counts (i.e. not on loltrash where you can spam AOE or using the blue cauldrons in ZG), and when I tank I pull.. about 9k thereabouts depending on if I'm actually caring to pump out numbers or making sure my target is debuffed and everything (i.e. tanking properly). 10k is fine even for the Troll heroics - it's not great but you won't wipe with 3x DPSers pulling 10k as long as they're intelligent.

On topic: People in LFD are typically baddies or elitists who only think about themselves and want the absolute fastest run possible so they kick anyone who isn't going to make the run be a ~30m (if not shorter) zergfest. Don't know a fight? /kick. Pulling adequate DPS but not great? /kick. New to a spec so not 100% sure about what to do? /kick. These people are a cancer on the game. Is it fair? No, it's not. Can you do anything about it? Not really short of having at least one friend along for the ride with you (preferably a tank or healer) so you can't be kicked.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2011-08-14 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post

Correct, this isn't a raid.

And, LOL at tanks pulling 10k single target. The reason your seeing tanks pulling 10k is because it is easy to AOE tank most instances (besides the troll dungeons) in Cata. My warrior tank is stacking bleeds on 5 targets, my DK has diseases on 5 targets, with vengeance stacking quickly. Just like wotlk.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Tanks get really hard damaged at trash, that's why you see tanks do more dps. It's all about the vengeance..
    sorry but i don't know a "softer way" to tell you that but L2READ, he said "on single target fights" even if you chainpull the trash and end up with 30-50% vengeance it's gone quite fast so that's no excuse.
    And yes it's doable to do 10k dps on a single target fight as tank

I think it's fine to play the spec you like but you need to do something to prove you do your "best" you say you play your warlock since vanilla but your rotation is wrong.

In a random H you have 15% buff. in 346 most classes (especially warlock) do 15k dps.

So no it's not correct to remove someone for his spec (bm hunt/frost mage/sub rogue/etc) since they can perform in H. But they were alright to kick ya from ZG/ZA (it's the last H were you should do way more dps than the ones you run in 333) if you only do 10k.