Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I hope you brought your wallet... 'cause the rent in Hell gets paid in advance!

I'd get a single, powerful card rather than two midrange cards. I'd suggest a 6970 or gtx 580/570 depending on how much your budget can be adjusted. Also, I'm not doubting you, but what can you be using that would take up twelve gigs of ram? I can barely fill 4.
    Intruders detected. Primary defense matrix initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.

Deleted
    I would also advise getting a single card, say the 580- so you can upgrade later. Getting 2 cards straight away means you are kinda stuck if you want to upgrade a little bit later on.

If you're hellbent on getting two video cards then I'd suggest getting a better power supply. I have a 1000w that will be more than enough power for years to come.

Ok, so i did a search on the cards you just recommended and found
    ASUS EAH6970/2DI2S/2GD5 Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with

And

EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I wanna go with the radeon but will it play most high end games like GTA4, crysis and the likes?Would i be able to max settings? it is what i'm worried about.

And the RAM..well not sure.. it feels like the right number since i run alot of applications at once like Itunes+GoogleChrome(which uses alot of memory)+Steam and other stuff i that like to leave open while gaming/working.

The memory you have selected is a tri channel package, your motherboard runs dual channel. I suggest getting a package containing 2 modules or 4.
    Also I'd probably go for atleast a 1000 watt psu. A brand name like the corsair you have selected will last you a couple of computers, I've brought my 1000watts along from 2 other computers.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2011-08-14 at 02:11 PM.

Wow thanks! Should have read the specs on the MOBO=|

Is that all Chronius?

From what I understand you'll get similar performance out of the 580 as the dual 560s but you can add a second 580 later for a big boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergp View Post
    Wow thanks! Should have read the specs on the MOBO=|

Is that all Chronius?
    You seem to lack a cpu cooler or are you planning on running the box?
    Also I personally wouldn't build a new machine this day and age without atleast a 100gb+ SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    You seem to lack a cpu cooler or are you planning on running the box?
    Is running with the default cpu cooler a problem? I'll look into SSDs but they seem so expensive lol, trying not to reach $2,000 on this setup.

Thanks Mosh.
    Last edited by Mastergp; 2011-08-14 at 02:29 PM.

i recommend that u get an aftermarket heatsink. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065 this one is relatively cheap and will make a huge difference over the stock one.

You could shave off a buck or two buying a slightly cheaper motherboard. Do you need all the features of the current board?
    Id assume you would only need the ability to use: a 1155 socket, ddr3 in dual channel, crossfire/sli, onboard sound, ethernet.

Also which case have you chosen?
    Last edited by Chronius; 2011-08-14 at 02:40 PM.

Ok so final build!

MOBO:ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    CPU:Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K
    GPU:EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    RAM:CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9
    PSU:???
    HDD:Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    DVD:SONY Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - OEM

I'm not too sure about which PSU i should get, i also don't want to go overboard with 1000w

You could shave off a buck or two buying a slightly cheaper motherboard. Do you need all the features of the current board?
    Id assume you would only need the ability to use: a 1155 socket, ddr3 in dual channel, crossfire/sli, onboard sound, ethernet.

Also which case have you chosen?
    yeah, i just need those features you just mentioned, as long as what ever mother board you suggest is compatible with the above build .

And I'm getting COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Blue RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0
    Last edited by Mastergp; 2011-08-14 at 02:49 PM.

Seems fine.
    Remember a 1000watt psu doesn't use more power than a 650watt psu unless the hardware demands it. The 1000watt would just be strained less.
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. Well if there isn't anything else wrong with the setup then I'ma go order and thanks for all the help!

Tower:
    COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Blue RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0

Why?
    Last edited by Mastergp; 2011-08-14 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergp View Post
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. Well if there isn't anything else wrong with the setup then I'ma go order and thanks for all the help!
    Just a sec, what case are you using?