[Resto] Heroic Ryolith Help

Hey i wondering if anyone had any tips for raid helaing Heroic Ryolith. I seem to be having difficulty with mana and keeping the raid up. The healer comp we were running was resto shammy on tank, me and holy priest on raid(yes i know it is a 2 healer fight). although meters dont matter that much the shaman is genually at 13khps priest at 12k and me at 8khps. But i am ontop for every other fight.

Anyway, so far i have been throwing out Rejuves on most of the raid and a SM on the range when there stacked, and nourishing when they drop > 20%. Is this the optimal way, or would i be ebtter off just nourishing them everytime they take damage to 100%, because my hots dont seem to do much.

Any help would be great, Thx in advance

Deleted
    It's a major dps race, to push p2 without superheated, so maybe going with 2 healers will ease the damage.

Deleted
    LOL, if your dps can't push Ryolith down with only 3 healers, then you have a serious problem. We did it on HC with 6 healers and we managed. -.- Seriously, what.

maybe hes talking about 10 man, not 25man vixen

Quote Originally Posted by -Vixen- View Post
    LOL, if your dps can't push Ryolith down with only 3 healers, then you have a serious problem. We did it on HC with 6 healers and we managed. -.- Seriously, what.
    You really thought they would three heal 25 man? even though he stated that he knew it was a 2 healer fight? >.>

OT: As Eowortoo said, unless your DPS are incredible you really need the extra DPS.

If you're having serious mana issues, the first thing I would check is the raid damage. The only damage your raid should be taking is from Stomps/Volcano's. If a significant amount of raid damage is resulting from the lava flow or the AOE from the Sparks, then there is an issue with raid awareness.

Another factor to keep in mind is how many inactive volcano's he's walking over. When he hits those, he gains a stacking buff that increases the damage done to the raid. It hurts once he gets enough stacks and accounted for a handful of wipes for our guild because we were not aware of this mechanic.

Your only pulling 8k hps on that fight and your ooming? Coming from a resto POV, on 25man I pull around 20kish with 6 heals and enter phase 2 with about 10-50% mana. On 10man, you should probably be around 15k+ hps 2 healing the fight and be able to maintain that with your mana. Sounds to me like you are casting rejuv when its not really needed and your priest is currently covering the majority of aoe with COH. Now not knowing your gear or spec, you should be 3/3 moonglow and 1 or 2 in furor if you are having mana issues and probably around 2300 - 2600 spirit.

from the couple times i've done it, we generally two heal it, me playing the druid and the other healer playing holy priest. i generally cover the raid with lb rolling on the tank, during times when people have low stacks or even 0, i recover from stomps with wild growth and nourishes, rejuvs if people really need it but most often they dont. If something goes wrong with the volcanoes and the raid gets alot of stacks, i WG on cd and rejuv blanket the raid. If this mistake happens early into first phase i will normally tranq it, but i prefer to use treeform if it happens < 3 minutes towards phase 2 because tranq is beautiful there.

But really, just understand when the damage is coming in, understand when you can play mana conservative or when you have to blow mana to cover the healing. oh and two heal the fight.

I honestly didn't know that we could still oom... I pull 15-24k hps (depending on idiots in my raid standing in lava flows) and never oom. Try using at least 2 innervates on yourself and don't rejuv blanket the raid its a waste of mana and really doesnt help until phase 2 anyways. rejuv targets your going to sm or if your assigned to 2-3 people (like melee) then just rejuv them when necessary, keep wg on cd, you can use tranq 2 times in that fight (make sure the first time is before the two minute marker so you have it up for last phase again) especially 3 healing, you should either have larger numbers healing wise or more mana. Not less numbers and less mana.

Make sure your positioning correctly for using wg. so it hits 4+ people every time, also are you at the haste thresholds? extra rejuv and wg ticks are amazing, if not aim for em

Quote Originally Posted by Roia View Post
    Your only pulling 8k hps on that fight and your ooming? Coming from a resto POV, on 25man I pull around 20kish with 6 heals and enter phase 2 with about 10-50% mana. On 10man, you should probably be around 15k+ hps 2 healing the fight and be able to maintain that with your mana.
    Yes I am aware of this thank you, hence the post.Here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ourlegs/simple Me and the shaman tried 2 healing it but it did not end well. We pushed p2 a couple of times with 3healers right on the enrage, but with both me and the shaman completely oom

Deleted
    You really should be on 2005 haste with your ilvl, only reason not to have this is bad gear selection/chanting/gems/reforging, this will increase your hps no end.

Your haste is wrong, regardless of what setup your 10 man has:
    No haste buffs - no DI / no 5% then you should be aiming for 913 or 1603
    5% haste only, then ideally 2005
    5% haste + DI then 1573 is your goal

that said, check logs to see your uptime on Harmony, on Rhyo you should be able to maintain 90%+ uptime without any real issue.

Do you have any logs we could read?
    Last edited by mmoc68ea15c517; 2011-08-15 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Looking at your logs I can say you are healing COMPLETELY wrong. I´m not surprised that you are oom when healing over 50% with rejuvenation.
    You should roll lifebloom on the tank and throwing wild growth EVERY TIME there is any raid damage. Using it on cooldown is one of the most important things. Also, you are not using your cooldowns. If you pop ToL and tranquility at the first stomps you are saving tons of mana and you have it in P2 ready again.
    Don´t want to explain everything, maybe you want to compare your logs
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...ses&boss=52558
    with my one.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13079&e=13414
    I´m healing 25 man so your efflorescence is probably lower.
    And sorry for german spell names, hover with your mouse over them
    Last edited by mmoc907ae15e5e; 2011-08-15 at 01:47 PM.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so sorry if I'm repeating what others have said, but here are my two cents:

Don't worry so much about HPS numbers -- mine will fluctuate wildly depending on volcano placement RNG, and whether or not people are being good about avoiding magma flow damage. The damage should never be overwhelming unless your DPS are slow, or your boss "drivers" are not doing their jobs correctly and you're getting super high stacks of the debuff and/or Rhyolith is getting stacks of his damage increase buff.

We two-heal this with a holy pally mainly on the tank, and myself as resto mainly on the raid. Innervate as early as you can justify it so you'll have it back up later, and WG + Nourish should be enough to keep your raid alive through normal damage -- I like to Rejuv + SM one of the melee, too, because we bring the fragments under Rhyolith's feet for AoE so there's some benefit from Efflorescence. Remember that you can use tree form as a mana saver and a healing CD by watching Rhyolith's positioning -- if you've got a couple volcanoes up and he's far away from the first one he can stomp, go tree and heal by rolling Lifebloom so you'll have heals blooming as his stacks are getting their highest. Our HoTs are excellent healing, but use Rejuv sparingly and only as the damage warrants. Trying to roll too many Rejuvs when you don't need to be doing so is likely what is causing you to go OOM.

If you don't get a chance to use Tranq early, save it for the first stomp after he transitions into phase two -- it's likely you'll see him Superheated when you're at the brink of your first kill, and the big healing from Tranq really shines there.

Here's a log from one of our 10-man kills so you can compare it to what your raid is doing:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ff3rk...?s=9375&e=9657

Good luck! (:

Kinetic is recruiting DPS for mythic raids! (10/10H, US-Alexstrasza Alliance.)

Deleted
    More swiftmends > More efflour > Much higher Harmony uptime, just using Swiftmend on cd should give you ~60% uptime of Harmony, on some of your longest attempts (wipe 17) your uptime was ~37%. As you can see from Enurian's logs, 90%+ is very attainable.

I'd also cut down on the rejuv spam, as you clearly don't have the mana regen for it (and tbh this again is where efflor helps - even if only 1 or 2 ppl are sitting in it).
    I'd also suggest using WG on CD as well (assuming the whole raid isn't at 100% ofc).

In general your spell usage / %'s seem a little off, mine are from 25's but I am raid healing:
    WG ~30%
    Rejuv ~20%
    Efflour ~15%
    LB ~9%

Respec dps and let someone with a clue on their character itemisation and optimisation heal.