Thread: BG Leader Abuse

BG Leader Abuse

Hey all, just finished an AB weekend bg which was a close call in terms of points and bases.

However, I took an active role as bg leader calling incs and where to support.

I had a few people not moving on the map so I called their name in bg /chat to see if they had dc'd or gone to the toilet.

These guys went mental at the notion that I was calling them afker's and preceeded to flame me and throw the bg on purpose to get back at me.

I mean I know some people PvP to chill out and winning is not everything.

But this was just insulting for even wanting to try and help.

Anyone else encountered this?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to WoW

I guess what I am asking is - Why do people knowingly want to lose?

Sometimes, but tbh usually I get no reply and then 1 like 10 minutes later if they don't get kicked calling me a nerd and that they were just typing something to a friend or reading an achievement or something else that took 10 minutes and weren't really AFK(yea, right). Most of the time people not moving are just AFK, sometimes they seem to be just defending and watching for incs, say at LM where you can do that and see quite a way, but that seems to rarely be the case for me. Ignore them and get on with it, if it looked like they were actually AFK, report it and let Blizzard sort it out. I doubt anyone who is actively playing AB even on defense is going to get kicked from a BG for being AFK.

do u play alliance or horde? if u play alliance than they possibly just gave up cause they know its unlikly to win cause half the allaince in BG's dont know how to co-op with other players. if u play horde maybe they were just tryin to give the alliance a victory for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hils View Post
    I guess what I am asking is - Why do people knowingly want to lose?
    A lot of people are clinically unable to accept commands, or that someone tells them to stop slacking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of calling them out to see if they are AFK, call out to see if they are listening or something. That way they can't get insulted for you saying they are AFK

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 hours AB. Guess how many I've won ? 0. You know why ? Cause ppl DON"T CARE, at all. Get in, smash some buttons, rape some faces and be happy. I need just 5 achievements for battlemaster and 2 of them are in AB.Don't think i will get them with current player base, especially AV perfection.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. The majority of the people you group with in unrateds are PvErs that expect to be rewarded for winning everything effortlessly, so they take defeat terribly.

I do my best to win in every BG, rated or otherwise, but I gave up trying to give direction in unrateds years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    A lot of people are clinically unable to accept commands, or that someone tells them to stop slacking.
    Or they enter bg with 1 purpose of killing stuff and have no interest in objectives or winning.(Like me)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has even said themselves that they don't care about BG matchmaking or composition. They've come to the conclusion that people just want to be in and out then on to the next. Because of this nobody cares about winning. They can just re-queue after the loss and do the brainless grind all over again. It's really rather disgusting.

Especially if you're alliance, you get instant queues.

Another thing... there are still a lot of bots in battlegrounds. They are rather smart, too. They will mount up and ride to a flag, stand there until someone attacks them and retaliate with an ability of the person's choice. They may not seem like bots at first, but once you see them do the same thing a few times you will realize they are.

So on top of bots and people that don't give a shit about winning, I'd say it's completely pointless to even attempt leadership. Just go with the flow like everybody else. The only fun part is destroying noobs because that's what 99% of battlegrounds are. I'm tired and ranting and I'm sure most of this doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by phirx View Post
    do u play alliance or horde? if u play alliance than they possibly just gave up cause they know its unlikly to win cause half the allaince in BG's dont know how to co-op with other players. if u play horde maybe they were just tryin to give the alliance a victory for the day.
    This is a false; the problem exists on both sides of the faction wall. It depends on the individuals you're grouped with, not the faction as a whole.

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkster View Post
    Or they enter bg with 1 purpose of killing stuff and have no interest in objectives or winning.(Like me)
    I find it odd that you wear that admittance as a badge of pride... You're essentially saying "I'm not good enough for the full combat of arenas... and I'm incapable of completing objective base PvP... so I roll around in BGs taking up a slot that would be better filled by someone else."
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The internet is filled with people like this, all you can do is just roll with it

This has always been the way BGs work, and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    This is a false; the problem exists on both sides of the faction wall. It depends on the individuals you're grouped with, not the faction as a whole.

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 11:36 AM ----------

I find it odd that you wear that admittance as a badge of pride... You're essentially saying "I'm not good enough for the full combat of arenas... and I'm incapable of completing objective base PvP... so I roll around in BGs taking up a slot that would be better filled by someone else."
    uhh no... There have been plenty of times I'd go into a BG with the intentions of just PVPing. Sometimes I just wanna fight other players repeatedly.

*edit*

Oh and I been doing it since BGs were first introduced. Blizzard killed world pvp so I go into BGs when I just wanna randomly fight other players. Funny thing is when I DO decide to take the game serious, assuming there aren't a bunch of AFKers, we win. (Alliance)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    uhh no... There have been plenty of times I'd go into a BG with the intentions of just PVPing. Sometimes I just wanna fight other players repeatedly.
    Then you fit the bill also... grats on being counter-productive.

Fact: When you're ignoring the objective in an objective-based environment, you're wasting space. Any argument you could make against this is invalid on a fundamental level.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Then you fit the bill also... grats on being counter-productive.
    So I'm not good enough just because when I'm bored of standing in SW I enter a BG to kick other players ass? Would you rather I go in and AFK? Or ride on my mount screaming "JUST LET THEM WIN"

Most players don't care about winning anymore as they are capped in honor with full 371 gear. Public BGs then just become a kill-fest. I'm part of those; I have 0 incentive to win and I'll fight on the road anytime if it means action. I won't go batshit crazy if someone tells me to do an objective but sometimes I'll simply reply "Killing is more fun", because it is.

You can RBG for objectives ; PBGs are my hunting playground.