View Poll Results: Should Mana Burn be removed?

Voters
238. This poll is closed
  • Yes

99 41.60%
  • No

76 31.93%
  • It should stay but have a cd

63 26.47%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    It is really annoying as a Retribution Paladin as it really screws our pressure over since it takes only a few seconds to completely oom us and wipe out and possible chance of us getting the little sustained damage.
    Your pressure is screwed? Have you any idea what it's like to be a caster and be kick-stun-silenced by melee every 10-15 seconds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post

Informed discussion is enjoyable, but this is like reading children talk about the dragon under their bed.
    But Jubite, the evil priest in my closet tries to mana burn me :P

i hate it. I'm holy pally and i get hit by it so much in arenas. of course i LoS it but when they come running at me for a pillar, i can only run away for so long cuz they also have 15% movement. they get a fear on me, and since it doesn't do much dmg, they get 2-3 off on me before fear breaks. its BS

Quote Originally Posted by wassonator View Post
    i hate it. I'm holy pally and i get hit by it so much in arenas. of course i LoS it but when they come running at me for a pillar, i can only run away for so long cuz they also have 15% movement. they get a fear on me, and since it doesn't do much dmg, they get 2-3 off on me before fear breaks. its BS
    At least your team finishes making that quilt they have been working on. No more cold winters.

Deleted
    Must be tough playing 1v2.

I hate the spell myself, yes i played a Holy paladin recently for some arena fun. It's the only class i hate going against, my team mate can barely put a dent in the other person mana, all the priests tend to do is keep up their asorb shields, and when it's broken, it's re-applied shortly after. Making it difficult for my team mate to put enough pressure on the priest.

All the priest has to do is keep himself in line of sight with me (easily done in some arena maps). And then continue to burn my mana, while they aren't really using their own.

I sugguest keeping mana burn, but either raise the cost, or add a cooldown, giving the person that was hit with mana burn a chance to regen some back before loosing it again to such a annoying spell.
    Last edited by Kosic; 2011-08-14 at 07:03 PM.

No it should not. They took Drain Mana from Warlocks, let the priests feel the pain to!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Must be tough playing 1v2.
    Lets be honest here. If theres a priest in 2.2k 2s, then they're running with feral or rogue. Feral can live forever and guess what. rogues are elusive so they can avoid damage, therefore live a long time. Plus they have like 20k absorb bubbles on them. so yes, the priest has enough time to fear and manaburn 3 times with the feral/rogue taking little damage. kthxbai

Deleted
    Lets be honest here. If theres a priest in 2.2k 2s, then they're running with feral or rogue. Feral can live forever and guess what. rogues are elusive so they can avoid damage, therefore live a long time. Plus they have like 20k absorb bubbles on them. so yes, the priest has enough time to fear and manaburn 3 times with the feral/rogue taking little damage. kthxbai
    Don´t do 2s? You can´t really complain about balance in 2s, whatever, healer/dps vs healer/dps is so boring I actually kinda get happy when the game ends even if I lose. Go double dps or go 3s.

Deleted
    im a hpala and yeah it's annoying but i don't think it should be removed from the game. Removing it would just further the homogenisation of healers. Priests have their nice niche of being able to mc/mb silly people who stand in the open. iirc mana burn is like a 2.5-2.9 sec cast or something so you shouldn't be getting constantly spammed with it.

Also to note, you have partners.. they should be either applying enough pressure that the priest cant waste time trying to mb u constantly or they should atleast kick his cast.
    Last edited by mmocfcc325af73; 2011-08-14 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling

it should stay but i hate to see the "stunning healer and burn him out" in arena
    so how about a little cd?^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    Informed discussion is enjoyable, but this is like reading children talk about the dragon under their bed.
    We do not talk about the dragon under the bed, or the elephant in the room.

You guys could complain if we still had Improved Mana Burn still, but really?

I say this as a currently strictly PvE Priest and someone who fights them in the Arena instead of playing with/as.

15+ Year Old Account
    Removing it is another step in the "lololol homogenization is gut"- direction, so no, keep it.

It DOES need to get tuned down, however.

EDIT: A bigger mana cost for the priest and a small CD of 5-6 seconds so someone won't lose insane amounts of mana in a stun/fear.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2011-08-14 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    Mana is poor concept anyway, so who cares about burning it...

Deleted
    Only druids, badly geared/played paladins and other priests are victims of mana burn, and of course druids will only suffer from it if the priest's team coordinate their switches/stuns/CC well enough.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, definitely should stay. I rarely ever play my priest but when I do, one of the most satisfying things to do in PvP is to Mana Burn healers. Repeatedly. Until they're dry. It's awesome.

Deleted
    I have added a poll

Deleted
    Mana Burn SHOULD be removed, it's a ridiculous spell. It's like giving Arcane Blast the ability to deplete the durabilty of the targets weapons by 10% every cast thus rendering them useless. Mana is meant to be a resource that the healer manages, not something that can be stripped away by a 1-button spam rotation.

LoS arguement - GL with that in an BG, and thanks for proving that Arena is a load of BS that you need to spend most of the time humping pillars.

Interrupt arguement - The obvious thing to do, but can you really expect every cast to be interrupted?

Overpowered spell is overpowered, the sooner it's removed the better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Mana is meant to be a resource that the healer manages, not something that can be stripped away by a 1-button spam rotation.
    And yet Priests have the two single easiest Mana Cooldowns to combat against. Hymn of Hope Screams "Lock/Stun/Silence ME!!", and Shadowfiend will spend half its time CC'ed if against anyone other than a blind retarded monkey.

The Priest can be CC'ed and LoS'd or OOR'd by all 3 healers, not to mention if a Priest is tunnel-visioning a Mana Burn their own teammates are probably being destroyed and not getting any heals.

edit: Bah i voted for the wrong option.

The thread title says should it stay.
    The poll says should it be removed.

<_<
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-08-14 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Are you really saying that Mana Burn is a game winner spell? Are you serious? In arenas it helps yes and it's easy to avoid, but in a battleground, with 10-15 people, really? Knocking one or 2 members out?
    Taking out 20% of the enemy team by manaburning kind of is a big deal. Balanced fairly well in arenas, not balanced at all in bgs.