Thread: Solo Dungeons!

Solo Dungeons!

Think about it! What if there were solo dungeons, where the gear was say, greens and heroic greens, but the bosses taught basic (relatively) stuff in fights like ... STAYING OUT FO THE FIRE. Basically bosses deal less damage, have less health, and different abilities depending on what roll you choose.

It could change based on your spec. For instance, let's say it's Stonecore and you're fighting Ozruk, Solo Heroic.

Tank:
    ---
    Adds come out and aggro nearby boulders, and if they get to them they hurl them at you for something like 20k damage. Tauntable, and every 10 seconds or so they get a small amount of threat to the rocks again. Doesn't use ground slam.

Healer:
    ---
    Npcs on yuor side! 3 (Your race!) warriors. Ozruk casts a fear on them when he's about to cast ground slam, but doesn't use shatter. Orzuk's target is pretty random, but he doesn't attack the healer. Also, falling spikes. Like one every 20 seconds or so. ...They stay.

Ranged:
    ---
    Ozruk slowly and constantly lumbers towards you, doesn't use ground slam, and knocks spikes from the cieling down for you to avoid. And get some walls in there. ...Also he doesn't bother fighting pets.

Melee:
    ---
    Maybe add a healy thing to stand in that moves around. The catch? The boss doesn't move, and when you're away from him, he throws rocks and shoots spikes. ...Y'know, 'cuz he's Ozruk... And that was his idea first...? Anyway, hit and run tactics. Ground slam? You can interrupt it. Decreased range and cast time.

Anyway, there would be a regular version too, blah blah.
    So what do you think? If this was added tot he game, how would YOU like to see it done? DISCUSS. <3

I remember a quest in WotLK involving a big ol' bear and a druid NPC that could either dps, heal or tank for you that reminds me of this.
    I personally like the idea of this but rather then dungeons, it should be introduced to a player before he/she reaches Lvl. 15 in a chain of quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love single player dungeons, because personally I like to do things on my own. However, the truth is that they already do exist in some form in the game. If you've ever played the Blood Elf starting zone, there's a really good example there. The little spire where you gradually make your way to the top, killing enemies and then in the end you're faced with a "boss". Hardly something you'll die to, even as a novice player, but still. If I remember correctly Blizzard refer to these as single player dungeons. And your reward is the reward from the quest you complete there.

The reason I don't think we should take it past this is because we're playing an MMORPG. Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Blizzard will give the single player fanatics their fix in Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have people screw up in dungeons with other players and take advice from them as their leveling rather than thinking they're doing something right all the way to 85 while being carried by NPCs only to blow chunks on heroics and such. Not to mention scripting all of these dungeons to work this particular way would be a monumental task where Blizz's resources could be put towards fixing bugs, balancing, etc.

It's a nice idea but I don't think it'd work very well for the community as a whole.