Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Driving a 500hp car is a workout.

Yup.

I built a 1997 audi super90 up to 500awhp and it's neck-breaking acceleration and stiff gearbox and clutch make it a work out to drive.

It's fucking fast, yes, but it's also tiring to drive.

It's a 35lb clutch(that means it takes 35lbs of force to actuate it). The gearbox's syncro mesh is virtually non-existent(straight-cut gears) so it takes a good 15lbs of force to move the gear shift with your arm. You have to prepare before you hit the gas, you can't just be all limp and relaxed or you will pull muscles and tendons and get whiplash(not even joking here). I have 5-point seat harnesses but still, this car throws you around like a rag doll(curb weight of 2389lbs with me in it). It's basically a race car that I drive to the track once a month and on the weekends just to show off.

If you would like pics, let me know. I'll post some up.

N/A or Forced induction? If Forced induction what PSI are you running at?

Aiming for 350 brake on my civic. Can't wait until next summer to start on the project car
    PEWPEW

you have officially over tuned your car ^^ i would love to take a ride xD

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a 2.2L 20v inline 5-cylinder, turbo-charged through a GT35R running a conservative 38psi, .9 a/r ratio. The car could be pushing 600hp+ if I wanted it to, but honestly it's fast enough the way it is. I don't want to break anything.

I can't remember all the minor details. It's been garaged for 9 months and I haven't been paying much attention to cars lately(it costs 200 bucks to fill the tank with 103 octane, and that gets me maybe 100 miles). I have all the pics and parts list on my old hard drive.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    would love some pics post'm here

<3 Honda haters.

Sounds like a sick setup especially with that turbo.
    PEWPEW

Screw going to the gym, get a workout from just driving ;p

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting too tired to mail the files from my old computer to the new... I'll have to do it tomorrow, sorry.

I'll make a note

10+ Year Old Account
    Humor me for asking, but why did you take an Audi to 500 bhp?

Quote Originally Posted by geniusbean View Post
    Yup.

I built a 1997 audi super90 up to 500awhp and it's neck-breaking acceleration and stiff gearbox and clutch make it a work out to drive.
    I know what you mean I used to have a almost 550hp (Dynoed 530- 540 depending on the day) 71 GTO, when I got it the stock engine was shot and replaced it was a Chevy ZZ427 Crate engine, added a supercharger and new transmission clutch etc.

Was a beauty, until I let a friend barrow it and he wrapped it arround a tree

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    It was inspired by the Audi Quattro from the early days of Group B rally.

Check out some vids of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEK7POxpVeE

It was by far the most powerful car on the circuit. Pushing over 600hp to all 4 wheels. It was a monster.

I was simply trying to get as close to that car as possible without going crazy.

Group B rally was shut down because of zero crowd control. People lining up on either side of the road with cars zooming past them at 100+ mph. Lots of people died, as you can imagine.

edit:

My car has 298 cams on it so it really doesn't make any power til 6k+ RPM. Once you hit the powerband though, you know it.
    Last edited by geniusbean; 2011-08-14 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Audis, could you post some of the pics you were talking about? I would love to take a look.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will post pics tomorrow

I moved a month ago and have yet to unpack my old computer

It's a lot of crap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    LOL Why the f*** not if you can
    im jealous

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmiq0edrYow

shouldve taken that one... its the queen for a reason after all

meh, would rather have a truck... no fun taking it out on rough terrain only to become high centered or bottoming out and having to repair the exhaust etc.

nothing more fun than taking a full size out in winter out here and plowing through 4' + high snow drifts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    0-60 time?
    4 seconds without trying. No clutch dump. 3k rpm ease clutch out, half throttle til 20mph, full throttle, hammer in 2nd gear.

3rd gear is pretty long(tops out at 102mph) and that's where the car really shines. It will do 40-102 in about 4 seconds.

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmiq0edrYow

shouldve taken that one... its the queen for a reason after all
    Eh, there's nothing that interesting about the Lancia other than it's heritage and prowess.

Audi = first all-wheel drive system *ever* put into a road car. The first and only 5-cylinder engine put into production essentially for the sole purpose of dominating group B(group b cars had to be based off production models). Audi has been ahead of the game ever since... well, ever.

My first car was a 1991 audi 90q 20v with 320k miles. I drove that car so hard.. I feel guilty now. I put 50k miles on it over 2 years and then retired in the audi cemetary I resurrected it from.

---------- Post added 2011-08-14 at 12:40 PM ----------

Wow, sorry for double post. Still a noobie on here
    Last edited by geniusbean; 2011-08-14 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geniusbean View Post
    Eh, there's nothing that interesting about the Lancia other than it's heritage and prowess.

Audi = first all-wheel drive system *ever* put into a road car. The first and only 5-cylinder engine put into production essentially for the sole purpose of domination group B(group b cars had to be based off production models).

My first car was a 1991 audi 90q 20v with 320k miles. I drove that car so hard.. I feel guilty now. I put 50k miles on it over 2 years and then retired in the audi cemetary I resurrected it from.
    well, im not all that much into cars so i dont know much. i do know however that the lancia delta HF integrale EVO had a 4x4 and won every rally championship 9 years in a row... i have a simple lancia delta HF turbo and that car does wonders... 160 horsepower but its acceleration is on pair with a nissan 350z.

its a mythical car tbh

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you don't daily drive your extremely rare lancia delta HF.

If you do, you better take good care of it. Not just for me, but for every other car enthusiast around the world.