Deleted

Question Leveling a healing priest help?

Im going RAF where im going dungeon farm. But RAF means that my gear Will be very low.. So what spec shuld i take? Holy or disc. I want shadow os, so only have room for one.

But what is most mana effective and such for low levels (1-80) and if i have to change somewhere in the progress.
    What would you recomend and why? Pros and cons?
    Thanks

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For leveling, I highly enjoyed Disc. Smite spam, Penance, wings and win .

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe disc is very good for low gear levels, so I'd go with that.

Deleted
    You will play best with the spec you enjoy more, obviously. Apart from that.....

Recently leveled a Priest from 1-85, here's what I did.

For ~1-60: Disc. Holy is nice too but as Disc you can do some nice dps while you heal. Power infusion put me ahead of most pure DPS classes there :3

For the TBC areas I was Disc/Holy. It's really just a preference thing, both work like a charm here.

For the Wotlk areas it get's more complicated. Your DPS as Disc will not really be great anymore and you will need to start to really heal, not just play around abit
    I had Disc and Holy as offspec from 1-80 so what I did was switching, depending on the group. If you have a good tank, go Disc. He will be the only one taking major damage and your shield will keep him up. If you have a terrible tank, Holy will be priceless, you can just AoE heal everyone and still get through the dungeon just fine.
    Since you want to keep one shadow spec you'll have to choose here.

From 80-85 I went shadow.

Overall, I would say I used Disc more. So I'd say either go disc and switch to Holy for wotlk areas. Or play Disc all the way, it works, you'll just have to be more concentrated in the wotlk instances, compared to Holy.

iv been leveling holy through LFG with 3 BOA's and been goin pretty easy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    For leveling, I highly enjoyed Disc. Smite spam, Penance, wings and win .
    What dps rotation Will you be using? And Will my mana be enough for not having to rest after every trash, because downtime is a big factor here aswell. And since i Will be leveling 3x faster my gear Will be s...

1) Disc
    2) Cast Smite
    3) ???
    4) Profit.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynastar View Post
    What dps rotation Will you be using? And Will my mana be enough for not having to rest after every trash, because downtime is a big factor here aswell. And since i Will be leveling 3x faster my gear Will be s...
    Basically you use Smite as filler instead of Heal. I leveled my priest before the Holy Fire change, but if you glyph Smite and use HF first, then Smite, I hear it's awesome.

I pretty much never had to worry about mana. Keep your Archangel wings up; they give you mana back when you use them.

Oh, and like someone else said, Power Infusion is amazing; use it every boss. (20% faster spells AND reduced mana cost on those spells, win!)
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-08-14 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynastar View Post
    You will have to drink sometimes, yes, but in low lvl inis, Disc clearly wins. You don't have to drink often, and with one spell, you do damage AND healing. It's a win/win.
    Basically just use Holy fire on cooldown and smite in between. You shouldn't have to use any skill besides Holy fire, Smite and Archangel(at least for 1-60). Maybe a shield once in a while.

Disc is great from my experience, mana consumption is low with 5x evangelism and you are constantly healing with your attacks, usually it is enough to keep tanks up in heroics. If not, pop a bubble on the tank.

Usually for dps its just holy fire penance smite spam till holy fire is back up and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I pretty much never had to worry about mana. Keep your Archangel wings up; they give you mana back when you use them.
    Thing with this is that you lose your 30% mana reduction, it usually isn't worth it unless your evangelism is about to run out.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-08-14 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would lvl as disc

And my only other suggestion would be need EVERYTHING that might help you.Even if its a lvl or so above
    Actually i feel like I have one more. Do about 5-10 quests every 10 lvls. the gear you pick up in the totally new areas will help.

ive lvled 3 ROF- shammy, hunter, and druid

Deleted
    I leveled a priest last week 1-80 i noticed that 10-70 disc was way better than shadow both in dmg and mana management (had no down time) but after 70 as others mentioned Shadow's dmg gets higher + you get despersion for mana refresh and also the masochism talent allowed me to easily solo all grp quests.So i suggest 1-70 disc and switch shadow afterwards keeping a healing spec for dungies.

Deleted
    discipline is the way to go for that range of levels i think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netbarrett View Post
    discipline is the way to go for that range of levels i think
    I Think im going disc atleast 1-60 so far everyone told mé to go disc, and i Will see about my mana and downtime while i play thanks for the many great tips. I never played a priest above level 30 so i know nothing about Them:P