Just started a brand new guild. What content should we cover first?

I know we should first start out with BWD and BoT and get some HMs done to replace 353 and boost morale a bit. What HMs are easy to start with?

After that what should be my plan of action in FL?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic T11? Halfus is super duper easy. Magmaw is too, now, and so is Atramedes (post-nerf, of course). I'd start with them. Chimaeron is also easy if you have some good raid cooldowns and good tanks.

I would:

Full clear T11>hardmode it up with Magmaw, Halfus, Atramedes, and Chimaeron>Shannox/Beth/Rhyo>Baleroc>Alysrazor>Staghelm>Rag (ofc).

But overall, id say only halfus is easier first 6 in firelands, with shannox/beth'ilac actually being easier then hc halfus :P
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamass View Post
    But overall, id say only halfus is easier first 6 in firelands, with shannox/beth'ilac actually being easier then hc halfus :P
    If they're replacing 353s, that gives me the impression the raid as a whole is a bit undergeared for Firelands.

Let's take Beth as an example. The lower the DPS, the greater strain on the healers during phase 2. If they don't have enough regen from their gear to keep everyone up through the increasing damage, Beth is going to be a real struggle.

Even H Halfus you can let literally a half-dozen Shadow Novas go off and still win.

Deleted
    Most of my guild started FL at launch with ~359/360.

Skip heroic BWD/BoT and start Firelands ASAP; it's really not that hard. You'll wipe, but you'll wipe because you screw up on mechanics. Practice will rectify this and you will be able to down bosses there fairly quickly.

Oh, and make sure all your team is capping VP for T11 and doing the molten front dailies for the 365 level loot + craftables, this will more than adequately bridge the gap between old content and FL.

We're a casual guild (2 nights a week) and we were 3/7 after a couple of raid nights with the added bonus of a few FL BoE drops and rep rewards. We didn't have the advantage of the MF rewards/craftables either.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would HIGHlY recommend doing at least one full clear of T11 content before starting anything else. Reason being, with a brand new raiding group what you essentially have is a glorified PuG. It'll help a lot to have a look at your raiders' strengths and weaknesses, and how they mesh as a group, before throwing them at harder content.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    I made a guild 2 weeks after the release of 4.2

In 3 days, we cleared 6/7. Those 3 days were our first days of doing any raids together.

Its a 10 man guild. When we downed raggy, most people had ZA/ZG gear on still.

Almost every hm except Halfus, Atramedes and perhaps Magmaw (if you have a decent kiter) is more difficult than normal firelands. I wouldn't beat your head against any t11 hm's for too long when there's better and more easily obtainable gear around the corner. Keep in mind that normal firelands is tuned around a 359-geared raid, not a 372 or 378-geared raid. It would be a good idea to clear t11 normals if only to get some easy upgrades over your 353 gear and judge your raiders' strengths and weaknesses. After clearing you can judge personally whether or not you think your raid is ready for firelands, but don't get it stuck in your head that the content is extremely difficult and that you need to clear t11 hm's to finish it. Clear t11 normals then give firelands a shot; come back for t11 hm's when there's downtime and for specific trinkets which stayed bis (Theralion's Mirror, Heart of Rage, etc).