Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    What's up with news being so slow these couple of days?

  2. #202
    this poll sucks ... all the blizzard haters are gona vote "no" ... just because they can! even if they play wow they will vote no, just to show all the world how bad wow is ... yeah .. sure ... wow sucks ... all u guys keep coming here, because blizz ruined the game

  3. #203
    The Lightbringer Primernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rust Belt
    Posts
    3,208
    Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    this poll sucks ... all the blizzard haters are gona vote "no" ... just because they can! even if they play wow they will vote no, just to show all the world how bad wow is ... yeah .. sure ... wow sucks ... all u guys keep coming here, because blizz ruined the game
    WoW will never be thought of as hated, nor will Blizz but Cata was a huge mistake and the beta testers warned them well before it was released, that this would happen. If they wanted the Vanilla/TBC style back, they should have gone all in. The weird hybrid of old school annoyances and WotLK easymode is just a mess. Combine that with trying to rebalance the classes after 5 years of careful tweking and you get that poll.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    this poll sucks ... all the blizzard haters are gona vote "no" ... just because they can! even if they play wow they will vote no, just to show all the world how bad wow is ... yeah .. sure ... wow sucks ... all u guys keep coming here, because blizz ruined the game
    Your comment makes no sense. People votïng "No" doesnt mean that they are blizzard haters.

    In your logic, I can say the same thing - this poll sucks, all the blizzard fanboys are gonna vote "yes" just because they can! even if they dont play wow, they will still vote yes.

    The sample size already decides that the poll is quite reliable and accurate. And why 60/40 is even surprising to you? It is not at all for me, and sounds very logic, judged by current status of WoW.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    WoW will never be thought of as hated, nor will Blizz but Cata was a huge mistake and the beta testers warned them well before it was released, that this would happen. If they wanted the Vanilla/TBC style back, they should have gone all in. The weird hybrid of old school annoyances and WotLK easymode is just a mess. Combine that with trying to rebalance the classes after 5 years of careful tweking and you get that poll.
    This is so VERY TRUE as the case. Blizzard totally F-ed up the classes. A couple of things and reasons are:

    -PvP balance, at the end of WotLK, despite the content being horribly dull and the game just getting stale because of how quiet everything was prior to Cata, class balance was as close to perfect as it has ever been. To just totally go back on all that start changing things up like dispels. MS is just given to too damn many classes, but is also negligible, they needed to nerf Ms uptime not the amount (like 1-2 sec uptime as a debuff).

    Class uniqueness- DKs, multiple tank specs, Blood viable as DPS was fun as hell, Warlock drains/drain mana was not homogenized and actually fun back then, hunters using mana but not being a caster class just get shifted in with rogues on how they are to play now, ret now is supposed to play more like a DK/arms warrior now instead of the defensive style it used to with good heals and sacred shield or whatever it was. Warriors self healing was on an upward trend through bloodthirst and other methods, then come Cata it gets nerfed to the ground, along with DK self heals (melee classes that don't have things like sprint or vanish to fall back on) and rogues get self heals like everybody else now but better.

    -Players and class playstyles, they have relatively played all the same for the last 2 expansions of WoW, then come Cataclysm suddenly classes have got to play significantly different on many specs.

    -Tweaking to things we were once used to, like AoEs, old healing style (to some extent) tanking in general, how a lot of spells (again particularly AoE) and numerous other player/group dynamics. It becomes overwhelming and for many players a lot of extra needless work to be done to learn how to play the class again.
    Last edited by jayremy; 2011-08-16 at 09:01 AM.

  6. #206
    "Poll: Are you still playing WoW?We've been working on the stats above for a few days and we're wondering, are you still playing WoW, or just reading MMO-Champion to know when to come back?"


    Personally I'm only checking MMO for info on Diablo 3's beta and any news on it, wows over the hill and on the decline and I believe it will continue to do so.
    Last edited by Korosive; 2011-08-16 at 09:17 AM.

  7. #207
    and another BS contest....
    only available to US residents
    ignoring the other 10 million wow users then are you much?

  8. #208
    Wow, over 41% of visitors to MMO-champion not playing WoW anymore. I wonder how region specific this is because I would have to say this number feels pretty accurate as to the decline of players on my server. I myself quit back at the beginning of February and rejoined for 4.2, might be taking another break here shortly though unless Blizz is able to pull something out soon to keep my interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    • People didn't hit the "Nothing left to do on my main character, better reroll!" wall that they encountered in WotLK, raids were properly balanced and people didn't spend their first months steamrolling Naxxramas.
    I got a LoL out of this. No, just no. People leveled up their mains to 85, geared them through normal dungeons and heroics, or battlegrounds if you PvP, did a month or twos worth of dailies and realized the entire strategy for Cataclysm was a grindfest, so instead of leveling an alt they quit the game entirely.

    That number of DKs represents players who switched their mains to DK during Cataclysm, FOTM UH DK for PvP, and to a lesser degree in 4.2 FOTM Frost DK for PVE DPS.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2011-08-16 at 09:38 AM.

  9. #209
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    444
    I assume the curse thing is due to cost of travel for non US residents? (for the winner ofc).As for the state of wow, it's a shame, I was a No voter, but my reasons for quitting were I consider valid. That means I can vote no without fear of being a wow 'hater' far from it, I still consider it to be the best game ever made.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Your comment makes no sense. People votïng "No" doesnt mean that they are blizzard haters.

    In your logic, I can say the same thing - this poll sucks, all the blizzard fanboys are gonna vote "yes" just because they can! even if they dont play wow, they will still vote yes.

    The sample size already decides that the poll is quite reliable and accurate. And why 60/40 is even surprising to you? It is not at all for me, and sounds very logic, judged by current status of WoW.
    u forget the following: if they vote yes and they play the game ... its true ... if they vote no and they still play the game ... its not true.

    i really dont wanna know how many haters votet no, just that it looks bad for blizz, even when they still play the game.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    u forget the following: if they vote yes and they play the game ... its true ... if they vote no and they still play the game ... its not true.

    i really dont wanna know how many haters votet no, just that it looks bad for blizz, even when they still play the game.
    u forget the following thing: if they vote no and they dont play the game.. its true... if they vote yes and they dont play the game... its not true.

    ???

    i dont get what you are trying to say.

    The sample size is big enough to reach a stable percentage result, which is quite reliable.

    Ofc, it is not based on all wow players or entire communtiy, but only MMO champion visitors. There are a lot of people who plays or plays not WoW dont ever visit MMO champion

  12. #212
    Mechagnome Aquarela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    746
    The script for that class graph is sexy.And I don't play wow anymore. Not a hater here, I might come back but the game is boring for me atm.

  13. #213
    The data might indeed mean that Death Knights were simply FOTM.However, there was also one important change that Blizzard made for Cata which may have had some effect...the removal of tanking viability for all specs except Blood. Granted, I didn't play my Death Knight all that much to begin with and tanking was a chore because of Frost threat generation issues (which coincidentally they are addressing now), but I gave him up entirely because I despise Blood spec. I mean I do not like it at all. Too many abilities to deal with, icons very similar, didn't really feel the cohesion or synergy, just seemed...meh.But when you think about it, it's entirely possible that people who gravitated to Frost or Unholy tanking may have simply dropped the class entirely. Perhaps they should revisit this decision.

  14. #214
    High Overlord TurdChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outta here
    Posts
    117

    Arrow

    I played from the release date till the end of Jan. I returned in June for 4.1/4.2 and un-subscribed last month.

    But if you don't want to raid 3 nights a week there's really nothing much to do except the same dailies to watch a tree grow, or collect coins for an epic that you'll only ever use in a 5 man. The whole expansion feels really, really thin on content.

    Call Wotlk Naxxramas whatever you want, at least people got some other stuff to do, and heroic raids like Ulduar actually changed the fight substantially. The huge gap between raiding and 'casual' has returned like it was in Vanilla and BC. Either you give up 3 of your evenings for raiding (and be honest, who wants to join a guild that raids once a week) or you unsubscribe.

    P.S .
    Take a look at the games being released in the next 3 months:

    - BF3
    - Call of Duty
    - Elder Scrolls
    - Assassin's Creed
    - Rage
    - FIFA12
    - Uncharted 2

    Good luck competing against them with no new patch!
    Last edited by TurdChef; 2011-08-16 at 06:36 PM.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by TurdChef View Post
    I played from the release date till the end of Jan. I returned in June for 4.1/4.2 and un-subscribed last month.

    But if you don't want to raid 3 nights a week there's really nothing much to do except the same dailies to watch a tree grow, or collect coins for an epic that you'll only ever use in a 5 man. The whole expansion feels really, really thin on content.

    Call Wotlk Naxxramas whatever you want, at least people got some other stuff to do, and heroic raids like Ulduar actually changed the fight substantially. The huge gap between raiding and 'casual' has returned like it was in Vanilla and BC. Either you give up 3 of your evenings for raiding (and be honest, who wants to join a guild that raids once a week) or you unsubscribe.

    P.S .
    Take a look at the games being released in the next 3 months:

    - BF3
    - Call of Duty
    - Elder Scrolls
    - Assassin's Creed
    - Rage
    - FIFA12
    - Uncharted 2

    Good luck competing against them with no new patch!

    I agree completely. I quit back in Feb because of how thin the content was, I'm just waiting for D3, Guild Wars 2, and the SW MMO to come out.

  16. #216
    its not just fake "no" votes just to troll, the fact is that if you don't play you are more likely to vote, whereas "yes" voters are more likely to ignore the poll. e.g. you watch a youtube video and you think its good, then you close it and you dont press "like".. but if you watch a video and hate it and want to express that you are more likely to vote "dislike" to express your hatred

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdontroll View Post
    its not just fake "no" votes just to troll, the fact is that if you don't play you are more likely to vote, whereas "yes" voters are more likely to ignore the poll. e.g. you watch a youtube video and you think its good, then you close it and you dont press "like".. but if you watch a video and hate it and want to express that you are more likely to vote "dislike" to express your hatred
    I think you are slightly overestimating the number of people who have nothing better to do with their time than access mmo-champ from as many computers as they can find just to vote 'no' in response to a poll about a game they no longer play. I am rather surprised that the percent is so high myself, but assuming the above is just silly. It also doesn't say much about what you seem to think about the general playing population if you truly believe they are too lazy to click a button. btw if everyone were like you then youtube would be filled with nothing but disliked videos - pretty sure the general population uses the buttons as they are intended.

  18. #218
    its not just fake "no" votes just to troll, the fact is that if you don't play you are more likely to vote, whereas "yes" voters are more likely to ignore the poll. e.g. you watch a youtube video and you think its good, then you close it and you dont press "like".. but if you watch a video and hate it and want to express that you are more likely to vote "dislike" to express your hatre
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal... You sir are hilarious...

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    u forget the following: if they vote yes and they play the game ... its true ... if they vote no and they still play the game ... its not true.

    i really dont wanna know how many haters votet no, just that it looks bad for blizz, even when they still play the game.
    hahaha, this is so dumb

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Yseraboy View Post
    I still think the reason a lot of people "don't like the DK as much as they thought" is that the first "Hero" class has been demoted to being just another class.
    The term "hero class" never meant anything more than the fact it started at level 55.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •