Computer for my mom.

Hi, I'm buying a new gaming computer for myself, and well this one is junk it crashes a lot, the screen sometimes has double vision or whatever. So I don't want to pass this down to anyone, rather just recycle it. What I need though is help for a computer that my mom can use. I'd like to make it myself, well I'd rather prefer too.

Basically it just needs to be able to run Youtube videos in 1080p and for her to be allowed to download movies and music. That's all she does, other than go on facebook. I want it to be fast and secure she doesn't know much and I don't want to be up here all the time removing virus's or w.e. I just don't know what processor and graphics cards would be good for this.

Processors and graphics cards don't affect security.. just get a good antivirus for her computer (I use avira antivir, it's free).
    I'd recommend getting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103942
    It's a powerful cpu, especially for the price, and the integrated graphics card is twice as good as any other integrated graphics.. so you don't need to buy a dedicated gpu. (this integrated graphics can actually play starcraft 2 on reasonable settings...)
    It has an FM1 socket so you'd need to use one of these motherboards:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625 600167117&IsNodeId=1&name=FM1

EDIT:
    also make sure you get 1600mhz ram... it's about the same price as 1333mhz and the integrated graphics sees ~12% improvement from the extra bandwidth.
    Last edited by taekvideo; 2011-08-14 at 10:49 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd recommend some cheap-ish laptop for that use in $400-500 price range. No need to build anything and easier for interior decoration. Win7 with working antivirus and automatic updates is fairly secure, especially if you make the default account limited and keep administrator password for the computer to yourself.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Yes, Llano's are excellent for the price. CPU/ Decent GPU for $140? Yes! Also, check out Pink Case?
    S
    he won't need more than 4 gigs of RAM. So this will work.
    For PSU get the lowest name-brand 80+. But OFC when you get 430Watts for the price of 380Watts... why not?
    Yer regular 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3... Not as fast as Caviar Black, but almost.
    Just about any DVD Drive will work ... unless she wants to Burn Blu-Rays.
    Go for Malwarebytes for security, their real-time stuff is amazing if you buy it, but most people use something else for real time and MBAM for scans (great scans too).

Do you need an OS too?

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148419 for ram
    only $4 more for 1600mhz.. definitely worth it for the boost to the gpu.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Arslay View Post
    Ugh... Shoot it!
    Get a Define R3 or Define Mini if it has to stand in the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by Arslay View Post
    Sexy!
    I'm getting one for my next build!

Deleted
    seems like ur mom needs a macbook.