Thread: So Doomguards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Now this I don't agree with. Not sure if you're being sarcastic, however.

I just think warlock guardians should be given the Bloodlust/Heroism treatment. 5 minute cd, 10 minute debuff ... maybe that persists through dying itself, but is cleared in ghost form, to prevent brez abuse.
    I was helping a friend in ZA getting his bear mount to his alt, went demo for fun, havent played that spec in a awhile.

My DPS curve on bosses was ridiculous, 30k+ dps with Doomguard, 20k+ without, a 10min CD giving a exta ~10k is just plain retarded imo, I gladly do 25k every fight than 30k only every 10mins.

Demon's Doomguard damage needs to be looked at. Not saying nerf the spec just the CD itself needs to be rebalanced to a shorter CD spell, shorter Doomguard duration but same or more up-time over a long fight, but on a reasonable availability.

LOH 2 minute cd also please [/sarcasm]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnugly View Post
    LOH 2 minute cd also please [/sarcasm]
    Yep because that and Doomguard are really comparable...

I think the most viable option is the 5 minute CD 10 minute debuff.

I'm still laughing out loud that anyone seriously thinks the intentional death, resurrection, and recasting of the DG after 5 minutes is viable. The only time such a strategy would be even remotely viable would be when a raid was doing a fight for the SOLE purpose of artificially boosting the Lock's numbers. Short of that, blowing a combat rez on a half-assed idea to boost dps by a measly few is just plain dumb.

Right now I would suggest that you either use the cooldown very early in the fight to increase the chances of it coming off cooldown during the next attempt OR save it late in the fight so you only use it on good attempts where you make it to the last phases and everything looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by bvheide View Post
    I think the most viable option is the 5 minute CD 10 minute debuff.

I'm still laughing out loud that anyone seriously thinks the intentional death, resurrection, and recasting of the DG after 5 minutes is viable. The only time such a strategy would be even remotely viable would be when a raid was doing a fight for the SOLE purpose of artificially boosting the Lock's numbers. Short of that, blowing a combat rez on a half-assed idea to boost dps by a measly few is just plain dumb.
    You can laugh all your want, a warlock himself can easly die from himself and rezz from himself aswell, Iam sure there would be smartasses doing it to boost they damage on WOL, besides on farm content you hardly use the 3 breses

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    You can laugh all your want, a warlock himself can easly die from himself and rezz from himself aswell, Iam sure there would be smartasses doing it to boost they damage on WOL, besides on farm content you hardly use the 3 breses
    Yes, and we will do it for triple Heroism too and what? It is very but very hard catch all procs for your Doomguard in middle of combat.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    I'm so glad someone finally pointed out you should never be saving your DG for BL. Was quite frustrating reading so many people do that.
    There IS an issue with the DG cool down, especially for those of us who play Demo and mastery stack. We can only hope the cooldown is shortened in the event of a death/wipe/combat restart.

I was helping a friend in ZA getting his bear mount to his alt, went demo for fun, havent played that spec in a awhile.

My DPS curve on bosses was ridiculous, 30k+ dps with Doomguard, 20k+ without, a 10min CD giving a exta ~10k is just plain retarded imo, I gladly do 25k every fight than 30k only every 10mins.

Demon's Doomguard damage needs to be looked at. Not saying nerf the spec just the CD itself needs to be rebalanced to a shorter CD spell, shorter Doomguard duration but same or more up-time over a long fight, but on a reasonable availability.
    You're an idiot. ZA/ZG boss encounters last a minute? maybe 2? A minute has half your time meta'd and the entire time with doom guard. A raid fight is completely different, we can only pop i once and it scales much much lower and time goes on. It has incredible burst but i doesn't have have as good sustained, check any warlocks logs, you'll he his real time dps decline as the fight continues, the longer, the worse.

it needs a 5 minute cd with a debuff that allows only once per encounter. Ele's have their fire elemental totem permanent now, so why can't we have our doomguard on at least every encounter in a raid.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the only reason blizz wont put this on a 5min cd is for pvp.
    i already forsee a new comps: demo affly restosham or demo demo restosham

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    You're an idiot. ZA/ZG boss encounters last a minute? maybe 2? A minute has half your time meta'd and the entire time with doom guard. A raid fight is completely different, we can only pop i once and it scales much much lower and time goes on. It has incredible burst but i doesn't have have as good sustained, check any warlocks logs, you'll he his real time dps decline as the fight continues, the longer, the worse.

it needs a 5 minute cd with a debuff that allows only once per encounter. Ele's have their fire elemental totem permanent now, so why can't we have our doomguard on at least every encounter in a raid.
    Go on read what I wrote again. Maybe you will get it the 2nd time.

Nobody talked about meta cause meta is a 3min with dynamic CD adjustment via a talent, Meta is up for all 5man fights and so should Doomguard with rebalance. We are all talking about doomguards not Meta burst on 1-2min fights. If you had read my entire post the one you quote instead of resorting to personal attacks, you would understand why I brought that up.

Blizzard can easly put it on 5min or lower using talents, everything that has a base(before talents/glyphs/gear) of 10mins of higher cant be used on arena. A lower CD tied to a talent would still make it so they cant be used in arena

15+ Year Old Account
    BLZ somehow unintentionally ended up with warlocks being the class with the highest skillcap and among the worst QoL issues of all classes.
    Our Doomguards/Infernals are no exception. If it is early progression then use it early, if it is late progression use it later on in the fight.

There has been a thread on the US forum about this for 1,5 month or so now and we will probably be able to rejoice at v4.3.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

how much more dps (in %) do you do with that CD used?
    if its under 10 i dont think i need to be changed

Go on read what I wrote again. Maybe you will get it the 2nd time.

Nobody talked about meta cause meta is a 3min with dynamic CD adjustment via a talent, Meta is up for all 5man fights and so should Doomguard with rebalance. We are all talking about doomguards not Meta burst on 1-2min fights. If you had read my entire post the one you quote instead of resorting to personal attacks, you would understand why I brought that up.
    I called you an idiot because of everything you said, I just didn't elaborate because your first statement alone was enough to discredit everything, but I guess I'll go on.

To nerf doomguard to a CD similar to Meta messes up our rotation, the dynamic CD adjustment is almost worthless now that we have chalice (which is the only way you'll pull top numbers in a raid) so we pretty much keep meta at a 2min cd so we can pop chalice but the thing about it is that even if DG was a 2 minute cd, the beginning of the fight (which is the only time you should ever pop meta unless there is a stacking damage buff or a debuff on the target that increases his damage taken by at least 25%) is the only time we have all our CDs up, giving DG the highest damage it can do, even with a 2 minute cd its almost impossible to line everything up, then we find ourselves staggering and getting gimped on dps because of RNG on procs, cds, and general movement. This complicates Demo so far that it becomes far harder to play while (with what i just said) pulling less numbers then before, giving no one an incentive to play demo unless you need the 10% spell power buff.

I saw why you brought it up and it was not okay. Doomguard is a 1 minute duration of a huge damage CD that shoots our damage up as it slowly degrades over a fight, you'd say you'd rather do 25k in 30k dps gear instead of 30k just so you can have another CD to micromanage, this doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by Brauhm; 2011-08-16 at 07:09 PM.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Reduce the damage by 10% and cooldown to 5 minutes, make it permanent pet for Demonology along with Infernal via the passive talents you get when you choose Demonology as your spec:
    -Fix its mastery scaling and to compensate flat buff to Demonic Knowledge HoG's coeff/Mastery.
    -Ancient Grimoire will reduce the cd by 2.15 mins per point ( to allow easier switching depending on encounter needs )

HoG made into Demo's iconic spell, Felguard will replace its slot in the talent tree and turned into active ability
    -Summon Felguard:
    Summons a Felguard from the nether to fight by your side for 30 seconds, 1 min CD.
    (will not get its own pet bar, but would deal same damage as now and its auto attacks will hit 1 nearby enemy) this change is mainly to address the issue of felguard's usefulness with the change above.

bit drastic there, probably won't happen even in new expansion ;-(

feel free to flame.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    They can simply make it not-useable in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by alexishomer View Post
    They can simply make it not-useable in arena.
    Yep. Bloodlust is a 5-minute cooldown but doesn't work in arena.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    how much more dps (in %) do you do with that CD used?
    if its under 10 i dont think i need to be changed
    It's like 10% over the course of a full fight, anywhere up to like 50% on a wipe depending on how quickly you wipe.