Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've never had a problem with Jindo in any of my pugs. But I am a shaman so I drop earthbind totem every time its cooldown is up in the middle of the floor to snare and slow ghosts, plus I heroism on the second chain.

As a tank: Pull a big guy. Stand wherever, usually by a chain to encourage dps to do the same. Kill it after the slam. Babysit the healer something fierce until the unshielded chain is dead or nearly dead because I pug groups and trust them about as far as I can Heroic Leap up a slope. Repeat.

As a dps: Let the other bumbling dps wail on the chains/big guy. The spirits eating the healer are what wipes groups nine times out of ten. Giving them the freedom to not have to run from healer aggro is worth eating a swipe or three from an add, so regardless of what class I always keep an eye and a half on the healer.

As a healer: Fade like the goddamn wind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Two things make this fight a joke:

1) Dedicated ghost killer. That is, someone who's willing to take the DPS-meter hit and nuke all the little adds, thus taking them out of the equation entirely. It's forever my job on my hunter.
    2) Not wasting slams. That means if you're in a group with at least one melee, it's not always a good idea to have 2 slams on the first behemoth. Reason being, if he decides to do his second jump on melee while they're killing chains, you've wasted tank DPS and healer mana for nothing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Christan, usually how many stacks of the zerker dmg buff do you get when doing that? I do see the power in removing the ghost aspect from the fight but damn after a while those zerkers start to hit hard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i will never understand the point of doing the trolls individually, it just makes the fight go longer...

Im tanking so im pulling Berserker, tanking on the chain, he jumps, dps kills the chain, im killing the big one by myself keeping him in the black circle, repeat.
    Nothing complicated.

When playing a tank i always ask the healer to stay close to me (nice aggro grabber)
    The ranged to stay near a bubble and from there hit the other bubble.
    As a DK, Place ur D&D properly for killing adds and heartstrike does the rest.
    Pala.... Consec and AShield
    Warrior taunts and timed charges, this also saves some dmg on you...

As a healer i stay either near the tank or a good melee dps if thats not an option i try to kill ads on me while standing near a bubble.

as melee dps (rogue/war/pala) i generally stay close to a bubble but use my speed options when i get targeted and ull be just in time then.

Best option is Stacking on tank the only risk you take is that you might need 3 big spirits instead of 1 or 2

I don't get why people get so worked up about this boss, I can't recall any horrible groups I've had with him and I always end up downing him, usually first try.
    As tank I just remind people to kill the chains when they pop and keep off my Troll, other than that they can just do whatever. Well not really, I also ask ranged to stand on chains to help aim jumps and move to a new unbroken chain after the Troll breaks the one they're on to speed things up...
    I've seriously had the second phase take like 30 seconds before using this strategy, it uses the void zones to maximize damage to the chains and uses simple smart positioning (preemptive) to get all the chains down fast.

I won't disagree that having the tank grab adds definitely helps, but as a bear I usually find it difficult to aggro more than two at a time, especially since DPS is usually taking care of them anyway. The only time I really make any attempt is after the last Troll goes down and I just don't really have anything else to do.

If you guys are still having this much trouble with Jin'do this long after his release, it must just be the PuGs you're getting, all my runs have been mostly smooth and wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    These days I usually run with a warlock friend (means I heal) or a healer (in which case I'm often dps'ing as ranged) so spirits are usually taken care off.

In case of solo signing, there is usually 1 ranged that knows what to do by itself or gets assigned to spirits.

Usually we get 2 hits from the first Behemoth btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assign a ranged dps to deal with the adds, if he is weak i assign another dps. Usually i get one big guy, brake 2 chains with him and because he is almost dead from my auto attacks and occasional deathstrike i kill him and get another behemoth for the last chain. if someone kills the adds, the rest is a breeze. On the last chain when all the dps go on to kill it, i just do Death and decay over it, put on IBF and all adds are on me till the guys kill the chain, so they are not bothered by them and the healer has a save spot to go and heal.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

I have to admit, I have never had issues, except yesterday. I was playing on my hunter, who is currently not very well geared, only barely makes it to 348 (I cheated) and I'm normally quite aware of what I'm supposed to be doing. In fact, I was doing it. I fired about 20 multishots in barely 1.5 minutes and, even placed a fire trap, but the adds still decimated the healer.

Who then proceeded to call me a retard and decided to kick me, based on that assumption. Never before have I had any issues completing the dungeon, but yesterday was a day I'd like to forget. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it was not "not being on the adds" as the healer claimed.

Get a slam, nuke the chain down quickly while it has 100% damage taken.
    One range on adds, but if healers are pro it shouldn't be needed. (l2kite)

tank pulls zerkers to chain
    melee dps takes care of the chains
    ranged dps takes care of the adds
    healer runs around and heals

win.

I DPS the big spirits casually so they die immediately after the Body Slam. This keeps tank damage low, gives us time to clean up, and they generally seem to cast Body Slam pretty quickly after being pulled up, so I find it more efficient to just kill it after the jump. Heroism after the first chain breaks if you didn't use it on Zanzil.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem most tanks don't know is that the behemoth dies automatically after 2 slams. No DPS needed.

I, as a healer myself, let them all focus on the chains. I kite the adds myself with Healing Rain, Riptide, Ancestral Swiftness to heal (not much healing needed, really) and then kite the adds around with Earthbind Totem. I always say that they shouldn't worry about me at all.

Was their death after 2 slams patched/hotfixed in? I have seen tanks use one for all 3 chains before. I would use that method myself for powered up guild groups but I wont force a healer to deal with that many zerker stacks while it's not required.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild grps and some pugs -if they agree to the strat-, pull 2 zerkers at the start. Everyone humps an un-popped bubble. Let the slams go off, break all 3 bubbles pretty much instantly or nearly, drop the zerkers asap. Then any ranged dps blow up spirits, tank and melee blow up chains, fights done in 2-3 mins tops. Love that strat whether am tankin, healin or dpsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katurian View Post
    So, the tank pulls a Behemoth and we wait for it to slam someone. The tank then kills the Behemoth and starts rounding
    The tank does not kill the Behemoth. He drags him around with minimal damage on the Behemoth. When the damage on the tank is too much he draws a cooldown (shieldwall or whatever). Then the Behemoth jumps a second time. This shortens the fight as you can complete it with only two Behemoths then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Two things make this fight a joke:

1) Dedicated ghost killer. That is, someone who's willing to take the DPS-meter hit and nuke all the little adds, thus taking them out of the equation entirely. It's forever my job on my hunter.
    2) Not wasting slams. That means if you're in a group with at least one melee, it's not always a good idea to have 2 slams on the first behemoth. Reason being, if he decides to do his second jump on melee while they're killing chains, you've wasted tank DPS and healer mana for nothing.
    Anyone should be willing to take a DPS-meter hit to win the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I DPS the big spirits casually so they die immediately after the Body Slam. This keeps tank damage low, gives us time to clean up, and they generally seem to cast Body Slam pretty quickly after being pulled up, so I find it more efficient to just kill it after the jump. Heroism after the first chain breaks if you didn't use it on Zanzil.
    Tank dmg is already low due to the tank using a cooldown. Killing them after 1 jump is a waste (I regularly play this as a tank).