Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    we 2 heal it with a resto druid/holy paladin and have a prot warr/prot pally tanks, Make sure ur tanks are fully maxing their dps, they should top out at 110-120k and settle to around 70-80 for overall data (as they do normal dmg when the birds are dead) I use 1 dps trinket for this fight and seem to get my bird down fine but if they are struggling and healing isnt an issue swap in some dps flasks/more dps gear.

Dps help on the birds but the majority of the dmg being done to them has to be the tanks so make sure they are pushing it as hard as they can

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thorns and tricks on the tanks (Which I think has been said)
    And when your DPS arent killing initiates, DPS on the hatchlings.
    Also, you can ask your tanks to be good enough at dodging tornados and dps'ing. (Hopefully they go down by p3)

Your feral druid trinkets are wrong, well both tanks, no1 should use 2 stamina trinkets and well, no1 should gem pure stamina.
    Lack of class knowledge, thats why you cant deal with the hatchlings.

our 10 man has 2 prot pallys and ahunter but nothing too different to yours. myself being one of those tanks i can say i swap in a dps belt, lisence to slay trinket and the master/str trinket from rep ( essence of the living flame?) also use elementium earth guard ( more hit) and thats it for dps gear, glyph for 10 exp in seal of truth also glyph for sheild of the righteous and 5% crit on Crusader strike. i can only speak for the pally but he should be getting 3 HP on the adds/boss before egg spawn then chuck a fat frisbee ( shield) and judgement on the add to proc sacred duty then pop wings/inquisition/ divine plea to get the HP back again and having that big crit sheild of the righteous up front. Keep Wings/DP combo free for the begining of the phases too dont pop it right at the end of the first bird it will be wasted. After then just follow your rotation only keep inquisition up as much as you can ( i.e if you havent got a sacred duty proc you are better using the 3 HP for an inquisition and using the next one with a SD proc. and prioritise inquisition up time under 20% ( hammer hits allot harder in this last part) my bird allways dies a good 5-10 seconds before tornado and the other pally ( who doesnt gimp his gear as much) still has his die a few seconds before the phase change. He does have the hunter pet ( ravager for 4% Physical damage boost) and rogue tricksing him on C/D. in terms of dps being low or not what you are telling us is about the same if not more than our current group but with no real enrage timer who cares? we took some time failing on the tornadoes but once we got that down pat the rest was just rinse an repeat of everything. Ke

Since I am a prot paladin in my group for my own 10 man, I found that on alysrazor, the pally tank should always utilize dmg attacks over their self healing for example the prot paladin in your group should mostly be using Shield of the Righteous with 3 HP all the time and never use Word Of Glory. Whenever if he does use WOG, he loses dps on the hatchlings so that should be a priority on that, no self healing what so ever just so the add dies in a good time amount. Although my group 3 heals it we still can get alysrazor down to about 50% on the 1st go around. As what Velthy said I would not use stam trinkets on that fight, instead use mastery trinkets, for the prot paladin at least, im not too sure with druids. I would also advise on using the mirror of broken images for oh shit cases b/c of the fire and also for the extra mastery. I would also have the pally gem mastery and also fill up the glyphs that he has missing. In my gear, I have the Spidersilk Spindle and the Mirror trinket and I still do alot of dmg without dps trinkets and/or gear. They should be able to down it w/o having dps gear but it depends on how fast and dps they are doing on the bird. In my logs im doing around 76-80k dps on them. Just trying to help is all.

Deleted
    I have only tried it as (feral) tank, but when make sure to have Pulverize up before I grab the small bird and then pop berserk and an agi potion, I rip through it almost double as quickly as our blood tank. That really helps a lot, so you get a clean transition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your bloody tanks to fill their fucking glyphslots. It's a passive gain that never, ever should be ignored. 70-75k dps from your tanks is anyway really, freaking low.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Tank problem.

They don't have to reforge and regem for Hit and Expertise like this forum is so fond of telling people, having some more does help but really it's mostly about using your burst cooldowns when you have max vengance.

Move as little as you can.
    Don't play defensive, go all out offensive.

Stack Thorns, Ret Aura those sort'a things on your tanks.
    Use 2x DPS trinkets.
    etc

ALSO: WOW, Empty glyph slots? What the fuck? Bad enough for the Druid but the Paladin's leaving a Major glyph empty? That's ridiculous.

As a protection warrior with no dps trinkets, 3% hit and 2 expertise it's very easy.
    Inner rage on cd, recklessness and retaliation with high vengeance.
    The other tank (we have dk) do his job right too. But he is hit capped with 26 expertise.
    So i believe every tank can kill the bird without any reforging, dps trinkets or any other dumb things. Just SMASH YOUR BUTTONS!

Deleted
    Let them pop a minor cooldown (barkskin etc) for the first enrage and don't eat a worm, they'll build up vengeance insanely fast that way.

Deleted
    You got a resto druid and a boomkin, have them both glyph thorns and use it on their respective tank every time the cd's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Erm.

Why isn't your shadowpriest going up in the air if you have problems with the hatchlings? Not only should your shadowpriest be able to easily pull as much dps as your mage (without having to rely on a gimmick combustion), he can also drop a sw/VT on the hatchlings for easy extra dps, without having to stop on the boss (unlike your mage).
    A few things...

A) Fire mages AVERAGE 10K DPS more than SPriests in the air. So "easily pull as much" is patently false unless the fire mage is an idiot. Even without dotting up the channelers (AKA padding the meters), I push more DPS than our SP.

B) We can easily living dot the hatchlings without stopping DPS on Alys, but to be honest? If their tanks are only doing 75K DPS, they are doing things HORRIBLY wrong and THAT is where the focus of improvement needs to be, not who is in the air (Fire mage + SP in air together = WIN).

Tanks should wear 2-3 pieces of DPS gear at a minimum. 100K DPS from hatchling tanks should be their oops-I-screwed-up number to shoot for. They should be able to easily exceed that as well...
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I´m a Prot Warrior and since dmg is not super high if you can manage the tantrums with Cd's and Worms, u can use some Expertise/Hit gear and also 1 or 2 dps trinkets. The damage on alyzzrazor fase can be soaked with Cd's from healers and your if u have 1 at the time.

Thanks to Shiri for this awesome signature!