Deleted

Going RET PvP! But I would ask for some help...

Yes - Before I where Holy for PvP as well but since I havent played Ret since TBC in SWP I where thinking about to do something "fun" with my main char and not just with alts.

Check armory -

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Nnikkj/advanced

I
    know I know, I lack gear but I did just sort this out yesterday - Will just grind up the PvP gear needed , and slap on enchants etc- Just had to log yday so had no time, mostly posting this so you can see Specc and Glyphs.

Questions: What about the specc? I will most likely play BG:s and some arenas with a Warrior friend. Is there some kind of good hybrid specc for this? I specced/glyphed like this for some self healing, but It might be imbafail, I just don't know.

Is it even possible to get a some what specc that would work for PvE as well? I am not dead serious about PvP, but don't wanna gimp myself totally.

Enchants? Go all out on STR when possible and Crit or Haste on the other parts? What about Expertise?

Any other tips to just have some fun, zerg people down in the BG:s? And really, to Pop a Lil Wings, Zelat, Inq and Guardian - Way to go? =P
    Last edited by mmoc88588e6bcf; 2011-08-15 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your spec is the improved HoJ spec. If you're only BGing, I find that it's not a very useful spec since most of the time when you stun someone, chances are someone else just stunned the enemy and that puts your HoJ on the DR. Can't give you much advice (if any) on arenaing with your warrior friend, but the Last Word spec (look up arenajunkies) I would think is nice for arena too for a double dps team.

Pve/Pvp, no. A 'hybrid' spec never works. Decide whether you want to spec for pvp or pve. If you only do 5-mans, then a pvp spec serve you decently. If you raid, do your raid group a favor and don't show up with a pvp spec.

Enchants - all strength. Match hit for blue slots (you will need 5% - and there aren't many hit on pvp pieces). Expertise - you want enough to mitigate 4-5% dodge. I don't know how much rating that is, but that's the absolute minimum you should try for - easy with SoT glyph. Most casters have around 4-5% dodge chance. Of course, you can't do much against AGI (dodge) and STR (parry) classes, so you're really just looking to make sure you don't get dodged by casters.

Stack crit if you're going for Last Word spec (your power lies in WoGing and healing others/your warrior friend). Mastery is good for non-Last Word specs, it just gives you more damage.

For Last Word spec, I like having Sanctity of Battle talent - most tell you not to take that. But since to get to Last Word, you need 3 points in Judgements of the Pure, might as well invest one more point into SoB and get 4s Crusader strike, even with almost zero haste on gear. If you're going for HoJ spec, don't take SoB, since you have zero haste.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2011-08-15 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    the spec i use seems to work quite well for pve and pvp. althought nothing above 1500~ in rated bg's yet this season
    and 1550 last season arena with only playing to cap conquest each week not chasing rating.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

currently in prot gear, but i have a mix of s10 conquest and s10 honor + s9 conquest tier in 3 slots, with no pve gear except the 2h which i use as it's firelands and i am not at the conquest requiremtn for this season so far.

if your really into pvp you probably will want to spec more into selfless healer except that if it's jsut bg's then you wog less anyway.

if you wish to use your ret spec for pve you need to have sanctity of battle(crusader strike cd for haste) as otherwise your massively gimping your potential dps during heroism as hero = cs on 3 sec cd if you have that talent. if no talent no 3 sec sc allowing a sc-> filler-> cs rotation for with zealot rotation to be
    cs->tv->cs->tv->cs->tv,