Upgrading computer, need advice!

I've had my computer for about 2 years now, it's getting kind of slow during 25m Raids. I'll usually end up at 5-10 FPS with everything at ultra except Liquid detail and Shadow details. Been looking into getting an external hard drive but not exactly sure that's what my computer needs. Price range I'm working with is around 500-900 (So kind of a decently sized upgraded, if needed).

Specs:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Video Card: EVGA e-GeForce GTS 250
    Motherboard: EP43-UD3L
    Hard Drive: 931 GB (400 GB in use)
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Screen Size: 1680 x 1050

If I haven't posted enough information please say and I'll try to update this as soon as possible, thanks!
    Last edited by Dathorize; 2011-08-15 at 09:35 AM.

1) Write doen your computer specs, its not hard to do do it without links.
    2) Why dont you try to reduce your settings? If thats not the case and you want to spend money, tell us your specs as i said, with 900 u can get a full new PC..
    3) As an immediate awnser, SSD (M4 Crucial 120GB, which u will have to put the OS and the game in there), and new GFX (Ati 6950) shoudl do the trick.. also a new CPU if possible
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

The "alt 2" in the Processor was causing it.

Screen size is peculiar. Also, what Kirkh suggested would speed things up for WoW pretty significantly.

To get more speed in 25-man raids you need to either drop the video settings in WoW, or do complete overhaul with new motherboard+cpu+ram. That will fit into $500 budget easily, and since you're willing to go up to $900 you can also fit in new graphics card.

Also neither SSD nor graphics card will increase your framerates in 25-man raids, so the relevant posts above are worthless in that regard.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 12:49 PM ----------

Basically what you're looking for is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    $1000 Build
    Case: CoolerMaster Haf 912 $59.99
    Power Supply: Corsair TX650 $89.99
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X UD-3 $169.99
    Processor: Intel i5 2500k $219.99
    CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 $49.99
    RAM: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage 8GB $84.99
    Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 $64.99
    Optical Disc Drive: Sony Optiarc SATA DVD/CD Burner $19.99
    Graphics Card: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr $249.99
    Total: 1009.91 USD
    And drop out the parts you already have/dont need to redo (case, psu, hdd...)
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    To get more speed in 25-man raids you need to either drop the video settings in WoW, or do complete overhaul with new motherboard+cpu+ram.
    Thanks for your help! By chance would you happen to have any suggestions on good motherboards/CPUs?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    go with intel i5 2500 or intel i5 2500 and mobo from any company like asus, gigbyte, msi i would say, dont buy biostar (had 2 both caught on fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Dathorize View Post
    Thanks for your help! By chance would you happen to have any suggestions on good motherboards/CPUs?
    See the edit above. Also depending on the age of your computer you might have to redo the power supply anyway. The new parts dont need that good PSU, but if the current one is some cheap-ass no-name chinese 300W unit it's probably time to ditch that too. With the parts list above you'll be raiding at fps over 60 with your current monitor and settings, and still 40-50 with bigger 1920x1080 monitor.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-08-15 at 09:59 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

See the edit above. Also depending on the age of your computer you might have to redo the power supply anyway. The new parts dont need that good PSU, but if the current one is some cheap-ass no-name chinese 300W unit it's probably time to ditch that too.
    I have a Antec 500 Watt power supply atm.

I have a Antec 500 Watt power supply atm.
    Should be fine if it's less than 2 years old. Over 4 years is getting risky.
    Trolling should be.

Should be fine if it's less than 2 years old. Over 4 years is getting risky.
    Alright, I bought this whole computer slightly less than 2 years ago except for windows 7.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 04:08 AM ----------

Just want to know peoples suggestions about buying CPU/Motherboard/Video Cards off websites vs a local store.

Alright, I bought this whole computer slightly less than 2 years ago except for windows 7.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 04:08 AM ----------

Just want to know peoples suggestions about buying CPU/Motherboard/Video Cards off websites vs a local store.
    Newegg almost ALWAYS has the lowest price available.

Micro Center supposedly has often CPUs and cpu+motherboard bundles at massive discounts to lure people in, and if you're lucky it might be cheaper than Newegg.

And if you aren't living in the USA, there's a sticky for shops around the world that might have some ideas/suggestions in addition to the local store you usually go to.
    Trolling should be.

Ok, I've decided to buy from my local dealer but they don't have any Gigabyte GA-Z68X UD-3 in stock. Would a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 be a suitable replacement, and will it even work with the stuff I am upgrading to?
    Stuff I've decided to upgrade so far:
    Intel Core™ i5-2500K Processor, 3.30GHz w/ 6MB Cache
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 560

Yes, the slightly older P67 board will work just fine. Newer Z68's have some additional features but none of those are really important for gamers.
    Trolling should be.

Alright thanks man, really appreciate all your help! <3