Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dragonwrath: Major problems in the future

Edit2: Please pay attention that this post was written in august.

Haven't noticed anyone mentioning this yet, so I decided to make a post about it. The biggest problem with the epic Dragonwrath questline is that it doesnt contain a quest which would take long time to complete. This means that for good guilds it will take about 4 weeks for the next person to finnish the questline and even for normal-mode guilds about 5 weeks for the next person to finnish the questline. This probably means that Dragonwrath will become surprisingly, one of the most commonly used weapons, if not the most common among raiders in 4.2 (even in 4.3).

It's kinda late for Blizzard to change things anymore, but the issue might affect majorly how things will be in 4.3. Personally I think this will mean either:

1. Casters are going to get major nerfs or melee are going to get major buffs. Which screws the balance among casters who does not have Dragonwrath.
    2. No major nerfs or buffs occur, melee are being subbed for people with dragonwrath. Top guilds with alt runs steamroll new raids with over 10 dpsers who have the legendary.
    3. "You cant use more than 3 Dragonwraths in a raidinstance or you will disturb the magical blah blah" etc. So more than 3 people cant wear it at the same time.
    4. They will nerf Dragonwrath or make the new raid drop like 422 ilevel gear even on normal mode.

Edit: It takes far more than 4 weeks for the first player to get the staff, I know. The problem is that people are already on the last part of the questchain when the first player has received the staff which means you will get a new staff every 3-6 depending the amount of hardmodes.
    Last edited by mmocb8750d8f95; 2011-10-16 at 09:20 PM.

4 weeks? its much much longer.

I don't see 25mans having more than 5 of them made before 4.3, So unless they're recruiting people who got them from other guilds I don't think your concerns are valid.
    10mans will be lucky to complete 2 before 4.3 launches.

Deleted
    Just like the melee got nerfed when Shadowmourne was released? Yea I dont think so.

A normal mode 25-man guild takes about 11 weeks to complete the staff FYI.

Three weeks for embers. Three weeks for cinders. Five weeks for smoldering essences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    4 weeks? its much much longer.
    For the first person its much longer, but after it it doesnt take that much time. Think about it:
    When the first person completed the seething cinders part of the q the second had its eternal embers gathered. When the first person had its smoldering essences gathered the second person had its seething cinders gathered and the third had completed the eternal embers part.

Deleted
    You can start your second staff before the first one is done... So one every 4-5 weeks is definitely possible.

so you saying that after you get your legendary staff, you are not going to be special in your guild anymore? and btw if you look what happened to the legendary mace in ulduar when patch 3.2 came out its stats and i lvl got bumped up

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

Three weeks for embers. Three weeks for cinders. Five weeks for smoldering essences.
    ^ , You're way off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

Wait..what?

You realise you can get 3 embers from each boss in 25m, so if you're lucky you can get 21 embers in 1 week, right?
    It's alot of RNG involved.

@OP,
    You can get it done in 4 weeks, but you can get it done in 10weeks, mainly depending on your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by zalvi View Post
    so you saying that after you get your legendary staff, you are not going to be special in your guild anymore? and btw if you look what happened to the legendary mace in ulduar when patch 3.2 came out its stats and i lvl got bumped up
    Ulduar didn't last to long by it self and blizzard wanted the mace to last longer, And even then your were lucky if you even got one mace before toc.
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2011-08-15 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiab View Post
    1. Casters are going to get major nerfs or melee are going to get major buffs. Which screws the balance among casters who does not have Dragonwrath.
    2. No major nerfs or buffs occur, melee are being subbed for people with dragonwrath. Top guilds with alt runs steamroll new raids with over 10 dpsers who have the legendary.
    3. "You cant use more than 3 Dragonwraths in a raidinstance or you will disturb the magical blah blah" etc. So more than 3 people cant wear it at the same time.
    4. They will nerf Dragonwrath or make the new raid drop like 422 ilevel gear even on normal mode.
    1. They do not balance around the assumption that all casters have that staff. Or all melee having Shadowmourne during WotLK.
    2. Alt-runs with 10 Dragonwraths would be pointless, since it's just that - alt-runs. Guild that want to clear content, knows that the staff is not the be-all, end-all of this game. Just like Atiesh, Thunderfury and the other legendaries weren't in their time. Good player in average gear will always pwn an average player in good gear. They will not bring 10 Dragonwraths to progression raids.
    3. Pointless limitation that most likely takes far too much coding for Blizzard to bother.
    4. It's already been balanced at least once, and ilevel has never been adjusted compared to legendaries. They will not start doing so now.

Less doomsday scenarios, more fun, mkay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what everyone else said. But even on the very slim chance your theories are shaping up to hold any water, I assure you Blizzard will know well before the players do. And in order to prevent raids from excluding an excessive amount of melee for more casters with the legendary, they will probably implement more melee-friendly mechanics in the fights so they're still desirable members for a raid setup. Contrary to the would-be popular belief, Blizzard does actually know what they're doing with this game.

Besides, if they feel like too many staves are being made too fast, they'll see that as well and will probably go in and cut the drop rates of the embers and cinders. And if that's not enough, they'll lower the number of souls players on the quest receive from each kill.

Basically what I'm saying is take off your tin-foil hat and relax. It's unlikely, but on the off chance it happens, there are other methods around the problem that aren't as game changing as the ones you suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Wait..what?

You realise you can get 3 embers from each boss in 25m, so if you're lucky you can get 21 embers in 1 week, right?
    It's alot of RNG involved.

@OP,
    You can get it done in 4 weeks, but you can get it done in 10weeks, mainly depending on your luck.
    I should hope I realize how it goes considering I'm making the staff on 25. You get 1 ember as often as 3.

I'll amend it to two weeks for Embers though as average 2 x 7 = average 14 a week.

Cinders are average 50 per boss with seven bosses. 350 a week. 350x3 = 1050 so pretty much three weeks for cinders.

Average 8 smoldering essences on normal mode with six bosses a week. You need 31.25 kills on average. 5.2 weeks of clears needed on normal mode for these.

Okay, so you say Dragonwrath is going to be an insane dps boost for every caster?
    That's exactly what a legendary is meant to do.

Anyone remember Val'anyr? Healer BiS for... almost whole WotLK, if I remember correctly?

Legendarys are meant to be very, very strong upgrades. If you wouldn't keep a legendary for at least the next full content patch and about half of the one after that, it would be too weak.

Deleted
    it is possible tbh, we are making 3 already in our guild, the first one will be finished on the next reset.

Altho I must say this staff is not as good for all caster dps, so deffo not something to worry about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    1. They do not balance around the assumption that all casters have that staff. Or all melee having Shadowmourne during WotLK.
    2. Alt-runs with 10 Dragonwraths would be pointless, since it's just that - alt-runs. Guild that want to clear content, knows that the staff is not the be-all, end-all of this game. Just like Atiesh, Thunderfury and the other legendaries weren't in their time. Good player in average gear will always pwn an average player in good gear. They will not bring 10 Dragonwraths to progression raids.
    1. There wasn't such a problem with Shadowmourne as it had a part in the chain which took loads of time (like at least 7 weeks IIRC), talking about the shards ofc. Also even if guilds would have loads of people stacked with Shadowmourne its not like they used em in first kills ICC or in 4.0.

2. I think it should have been obvious that I meant that as good guilds currently do alt runs they are gearing people for Dragonwrath with 2 different resets meaning, it is possible that they will get absurd amounts of dragonwraths for their main raid before 4.3.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasima View Post
    Anyone remember Val'anyr? Healer BiS for... almost whole WotLK, if I remember correctly?
    No, you don't remember correctly. It had to be buffed once, and it was still far from BiS - except *maybe* for Holy Paladins. Healers aren't DPSers, random throughput buffs don't work well with us.

Deleted
    It takes ATLEAST 15 weeks for a 10 man.. 15-20 weeks much more likely depending on RNG. You call that short?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasima View Post
    Okay, so you say Dragonwrath is going to be an insane dps boost for every caster?
    That's exactly what a legendary is meant to do.

Legendarys are meant to be very, very strong upgrades. If you wouldn't keep a legendary for at least the next full content patch and about half of the one after that, it would be too weak.
    I you are replying to my post can you please read it again and reconsider the point of it.