Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keRmis View Post
    Way too chunky for my liking. + it doesn't work well with other genres (e.g. FPS), so I never vouch for something that's good for only one genre. Like someone said earlier, if you can, go to a store and try them out before buying.
    o.O it doesn't work well with FPS? I used to have a shitty mouse and out-play plenty of people on FPS games. If somebody's failing and blaming their mouse when it's fully functional and in good condition then it's the player who's at fault. In other words, I can play FPS just fine with the Naga.

I would say you just don't like the feel of it rather than stating something like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Yotei View Post
    o.O it doesn't work well with FPS? I used to have a shitty mouse and out-play plenty of people on FPS games. If somebody's failing and blaming their mouse when it's fully functional and in good condition then it's the player who's at fault. In other words, I can play FPS just fine with the Naga.

I would say you just don't like the feel of it rather than stating something like that..
    You can play with any mouse, if you want to put it like that. But there's a difference between mouses like Xai and Naga (The other one is advertised to be a MMO -mouse, guess which one?). There's a reason why "FPS pros" aren't playing with Naga.

PS. Does anyone need those macros? Because that's why people are buying it, I think. Only think I liked in that mouse was that I could use mouseover macros with one hand, but in the end I like my left / right hand synergy more. + I said it was too chunky, I'm just stating something else I didn't like, problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Go to a store and put your hand on both.
    How a mouse fits your hand and grip is far more important than all the marketing spin you'll read on the web.
    Which is yet another reason to get the naga since the newer version can be adjusted to fit any size hand or suit any style grip.

Personally though I am holding out in the hopes Logitech wakes up and designs a mouse that has 4 buttons in a circular pattern on the side so i need do little more than tilt my thumb.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can play with any mouse, if you want to put it like that. But there's a difference between mouses like Xai and Naga (The other one is advertised to be a MMO -mouse, guess which one?). There's a reason why "FPS pros" aren't playing with Naga.

PS. Does anyone need those macros? Because that's why people are buying it, I think. Only think I liked in that mouse was that I could use mouseover macros with one hand, but in the end I like my left / right hand synergy more. + I said it was too chunky, I'm just stating something else I didn't like, problems?
    If you're stating something you didn't like then that's fine, but when you stated it like how you did which was trying to say it's fact, then yes there's problems. Also, those particular players don't need that many buttons on their mouse, why would they spend more on it? Of course they wouldn't use it if they don't play MMOs.

Imo it's fine for both is all I'm saying, you just have a personal problem with it is all and I'm just saying make sure to state that before throwing it around as facts; besides not many players become "FPS pros". o.O

Plus he is posting it on a predominantly WoW forum..
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-08-15 at 03:13 PM.

I like razor naga personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Numberonex View Post
    okay, gonna buy Razer Naga then, but should I buy Razer Naga or Razer naga epic?
    I should go with the normal one. The extra 50 dollars isnt worth the changeable background color and removeable side thingies.

If you're stating something you didn't like then that's fine, but when you stated it like how you did which was trying to say it's fact, then yes there's problems. Also, those particular players don't need that many buttons on their mouse, why would they spend more on it? Of course they wouldn't use it if they don't play MMOs.

Imo it's fine for both is all I'm saying, you just have a personal problem with it is all and I'm just saying make sure to state that before throwing it around as facts; besides not many players become "FPS pros". o.O

Actually (if you're talking about xai and naga) they both are priced the same. I'm just saying that if you're going to throw shitloads of money for a mouse, then there's IMO way better alternatives than Naga, be it MMO or FPS. I don't know, you may like the extra buttons, lots of people seem to like it, blows my mind but what can you do?

And it's a fact that naga is more suited for MMO than FPS.

I post on the WoW forums, doesn't mean I only play WoW.
    Last edited by keRmis; 2011-08-15 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Which is yet another reason to get the naga since the newer version can be adjusted to fit any size hand or suit any style grip.

Personally though I am holding out in the hopes Logitech wakes up and designs a mouse that has 4 buttons in a circular pattern on the side so i need do little more than tilt my thumb.
    I've been using a Naga 'Molten' special edition for about 3 weeks now, but I am starting to look for something better suited to me.

Don't get me wrong, the Naga seems well constructed and the mmo button pad actualy works really well, but for me the mouse has a couple of serious flaws:

The forward/backward (button 4/5) buttons are in the most stupid position, on the left of the primary mouse button. This makes them very hard to use, so much so that I have had to remap the 3 and 6 keys from the mmo pad to replicate their use.

and

The mouse is simply too small. Coming from an aging Mx510 mouse, that has served me perfectly for over 5 years, I find that the Naga's small size makes it uncomfortable to use for extended periods. If I rest my palm on the mouse, then I have to hunch my fingers to use the primary buttons or my finger tips will stick out beyond the front of the mouse. Also despite there being a finger rest area to the right of the mouse, I find that my little finger never rests on it, but rather drags alongside on the mouse mat. Now I have adult male regular size hands, so maybe if you have dainty girl sized hands with painted nails you will be fine, but in all seriousness if you are thinking of buying a Naga then for gods sake try it out first for comfort.

To be honest the only thing that has kept me using the Naga is the mmo pad, which works really well and is very intuitive to use.

Edit: I would add contrary to the post that I quoted, there is no way to adjust the size of the Naga 'Molten' special edition mouse, or from what I can see the regular Naga mouse.

Deleted
    I don't know, you may like the extra buttons, lots of people seem to like it, blows my mind but what can you do?

And it's a fact that naga is more suited for MMO than FPS.
    I play WoW, BF2, etc with Heaton - he says the naga's fine for FPS, though far from optimal, so it is, in fact, fine. For WoW the buttons are invaluable, who cares if it blows you mind? I have and use 59 keybinds as a paladin and I hate alt modifiers; the naga provides me the extra keys I need(ed).

It's a good mouse all around, and even though there's some more suited for shooters, if the OP plays WoW the naga IS the best option. Unless he clicks, then it doesn't matter.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Grow up. He's saying he doesn't like it, and tells you why. You just happen to disagree with his assertion.

Anyway, here's a link for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a naga and I just love it.

For MMOs the naga is awesome, your response times improve dramatically, however it boils down to what you prefer. Comfort or functionality.

Naga - too small, very functional
    Logitech - nice to hold, not as functional as naga.

not razer.
    ever.

the steel series just has aesthetics and not much ergonomics, naga is the best be it epic or the molten edition. Hve tried both, Naga is the best for MMOs - perfect ergonomics and it can be used in the office as a normal mouse, u cant do that with a stoopid steel series one :P !
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

Had my Naga sense WoWLK-ToC. never going back... as a healer with mouse-over macros love it!!! now as a Dps, Still Love it!
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I play WoW, BF2, etc with Heaton - he says the naga's fine for FPS, though far from optimal, so it is, in fact, fine. For WoW the buttons are invaluable, who cares if it blows you mind? I have and use 59 keybinds as a paladin and I hate alt modifiers; the naga provides me the extra keys I need(ed).

It's a good mouse all around, and even though there's some more suited for shooters, if the OP plays WoW the naga IS the best option. Unless he clicks, then it doesn't matter.
    Now that's a bold statement. Naga is the best for WoW? I myself don't find the extra buttons good, they are chunky, like the poster above said some of the buttons are in a horrid place and the mouse is somewhat small, although it's pretty high.

I needed the extra buttons as well, that's why I have macros on my keyboard. Like I said earlier, my right / left hand is synergy is better than healing with only right hand and moving with the left, it just didn't cut it. Naga might be "the best" for you, definitely wasn't for me. Someone could say that Naga is the best for FPS now, because of what I said, but there's a difference between accuracy and macrokeys. (tbh Naga could be the best for someone (FPS), haven't just met him.)

PS. Naga is fine for FPS, every mouse is, ironically heaton is still playing with his "custom" mouse. Played Quake with my old Microsoft mouse to late 2008, because that was the shit back then. And if you want to brag about your keybinds, I have 56 (with a fast counting) all on keyboard.

PPS. I'm going to stop my ranting, as it's pointles and I'm starting to come off as a bit aggressive :P Some people like Naga, I just have to deal with it.
    Last edited by keRmis; 2011-08-15 at 04:02 PM.

Of all listed so far;

MX518 > Razer DeathAdder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a common rock >> Razer Naga.

Naga

I haven't had a lot of experience with the logitech. I myself own a Naga which setup is probably prefered for mmo's. Twenty plus keybinds are easier when they are at your thumb. Plus the dpi for the naga is insane and I am a man who loves low mouse latency.

Deleted
    You need to test the mouses in your hand. When razer naga came out i was seconds away from buying it, went to a local store and realized you need to be a small women or a really young kid (or have a hand the same size as one) to use it without pressing more then one button. I now play with Steelseries WoW MMO Gaming Mouse Cataclysm Edition, had the original before that and use a Razer Boomslang 2007 CE for fps. Between the MX518 and the Deathadder i would go for the MX518 (I own both a deathadder and a MX 510 and i must say the MX510 is much more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    You need to test the mouses in your hand. When razer naga came out i was seconds away from buying it, went to a local store and realized you need to be a small women or a really young kid (or have a hand the same size as one) to use it without pressing more then one button. I now play with Steelseries WoW MMO Gaming Mouse Cataclysm Edition, had the original before that and use a Razer Boomslang 2007 CE for fps. Between the MX518 and the Deathadder i would go for the MX518 (I own both a deathadder and a MX 510 and i must say the MX510 is much more comfortable.
    While that helps, it's not a very comfortable mouse for me either way.

But your advice about going and trying it on hands-on in a store is spot on; that's precisely what one should do with any kind of similiar hardware.
    The mouse is very personal. And my Naga is a personal insult. It's bad.