10+ Year Old Account

How to use Jaws of Defeat propperly?

Hey guys, I just came across the trinket Jaws of Defeat, and I'm wondering how I should use it to gain max benefits from it?
    Any tips is welcome.
    P.s. I know this seems like a retarded question but how do YOU use it?
    /dicuss and give tips :>

Question

I was wondering this myself.

Since I don't want to press another button to activate it,
    is it possible to macro it to something like Holy Shock etc?

/use trinket
    /cast Holy Shock

etc?
    Is this the most effective way to use the trinket?
    Any ideas welcome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would best be used when there is a lot of inc raid or tank dmg when you need to cast several heals back to back. Most of the fights there is quite a bit of downtime where heals aren't needed for several seconds, so you could never get the full use out of the trinket at any other time.

the macro would be

#showtooltip Holy Shock
    /use Jaws of Defeat
    /cast Holy Shock

but I would use in conjunction with Divine Favor

#showtooltip Divine Favor
    /use Jaws of Defeat
    /cast Divine Favor
    Loser since Feb. 05'

Deleted
    I'm only 1/7hc but the only fight i found it usable was baleroc hc.

Yeah a lot of the reading Im doing suggests it is not as good for Holy Paladins as some of the other healer classes

It's definitely not for holy pallies just from what i saw. Our costs are to high and cast times are to long to use this effectively. Remember back to the ToC stacking items some were very situational. This is definitely more for a holy priest or disc priest or druid. Who are doing rolling HoT's near the end and start of the fight to conserve mana.

But i would imagine to use it effectively, use it before a enemy boss scripted event, when you know big damage is coming and you'll be spamming a lot of high cost low cd spells, like FoL.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Considering PotI from Beacon gives extra proc I'd say like this:
    1, DO NOT EVER OVERHEAL! If you do, you possibly wasted more mana than you saved. (Only exception here would be HL casts when fully stacked, as they become nigh free.)
    2, ABC
    3, While stacking up use DL or HL (whichever is more appropriate to the damage incoming - see pt.1.) on a non-beacon target. They will possibly give 2 stacks each (depending on your haste!! you might have to /cancelaura the judgement buff). The first cast, though, should be HS or even WoG with whatever hopo if HS is on CD.
    4, When fully stacked use anything that costs mana :P and needed. Don't spend mana on something you don't need - that will always be wasted mana, no matter how cheap.
    5, Try and avoid HoPo abilities, as those will not save you mana (for obvious reasons).

You do not need to save it for big damage periods, you will save the same amount of mana if you save it from Holy Lights.
    About "saving it for when I need to spam FoL"... well, I don't know.... I can't really think of any time you need to spam FoL. In fact FoL is emergency heal, meaning you will use it in case of emergency and that's not something you can plan ahead. I'm a bit sceptic about spamming FoL for 20seconds straight - sounds like something that could have been healed with other heals, and thus a waste of mana. In short: if you're spamming FoL for 20secs you're not doing it right. Healing big damage periods is usually handled with CDs coupled with DL/HR/LoD.
    Last edited by Valamivan; 2011-08-16 at 10:03 AM.