Isle of Conquest tactics

I've been finishing off my wins for the tabard, and have been living in this BG for the past week, and having seen some appalling things written in /bg chat, would love to get some opinions on constructive tactics for this place.

Every battle, 4 or 5 piece yell or macro "docks" over and over again, if you try and say anything different you get "stfu noob". I tried to explain and got told "don't care" (in more than one battle). More often that not, those 200k hp glaives last about 2 minutes. Even with defenders, a few arcane blasts, a bubbled pally, a smokebombed rogue, and they're toast. Putting that aside, you can't risk a noob getting in and driving into the water, missing the gate, etc. There's only two of them so it's a big risk to take.

My personal opinion would be to push a large force to hangar and get as many people inside the enemy keep as possible, maximising the damage from the bombs, which are, iirc, higher than the siege engine ram. The WS is a good backup with good demo placement, there's one or two spots that can avoid the turrets.

Of course, there are occassions when a full-on dock assault will give results, and I think that's what people focus on. One guy arguing with me said that he had won every single IoC by going docks. I armouried him, he'd done the bg (including losses) 7 times.

What do you guys think?

I agree very much. Docks is a useless target, compared to the other two.

Hangar is effective, Workshop is ok. Use Hangar for main assualt force, control workshop, just to hinder the opposition. I cannot understand where people got the "Docks is best" notion from...

Docks / quarry / refinery every time on my battlegroup. Glaives very rarely get killed and people can catapult into the base anyway. With double seige buff the base bombs hit for ALOT.

Deleted
    I tend to find that a large portion of my team are more interested in piloting vehicles than committing to the objectives, so indicating on the map for people to go Docks encourages others, either who have no clue what they're doing or simply feel safer in a large group, to assault the Docks together. Once the vehicles spawn, I don't tend to have a problem with people being stupid with them, although I can understand the how futile getting Docks must seem if that were the case.

With Hangar, people usually find their way into the base and hang about. Even with direction, I find people chasing members of the Alliance who spawn inside rather than bombing the gate, which usually means the Alliance can bring our gate down without any pressure. I guess tactics and experiences vary, but what's important is trying to establish a tactic that the whole team follows, rather than having people who think they know best going one way with another portion doing something else. Not easily done in a random battleground!

Good luck with the tabard though, I salute you for putting up with the grind that is that battleground. Wouldn't be me, I can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by elfeh View Post
    Docks / quarry / refinery every time on my battlegroup. Glaives very rarely get killed and people can catapult into the base anyway. With double seige buff the base bombs hit for ALOT.
    Pretty much this... Nothing ever changes.

For the people saying docks/quarry/refinery... gtfo ally.

OT: Hanger/WS and have about 10 or so people hit the glaives when they get to our base and you can usually win.

Another strat I've seen work well recently is wait until the team is in our base and then get every vehicle you can and start killing them in your own bases GY. Do not recap and they are stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by elfeh View Post
    this is where most of my wins come from as horde glaives can be positioned across the water so people rarely come to attack them and when people do its usually just 1 or 2 people who are easily intercepted.

the problem i find with workshop is people rarely position the demos or siege engine in the turret blindspot

Best IoC Strat ever.

Pick Random BG
    Get a drink
    Be Happy when Q pops.
    Rage when you see IoC
    Watch your FPS while waiting for the doors to open.
    Wish you were in any other BG even Strand
    Watch Chat as people argue over which base to zerg
    Once doors open, get it over with quick so you can do some real PVP.

On my Paladin I have done 21 IoC BGs and have won 19 of them. We always just zerg Docks...pewpew with glaives and catapault in base usually win rather quickly.

Deleted
    /Afk is actually the best tactic I have. In over 30 IOC Games that I did play, I've won 1. One. 15 min coffee break.

some reason horde is always stronger in middle no matter how many ally go down there to the workshop. but my ioc win loss ratio is kinda 50/50 but most groups do the ol rush docks strata. I don't care really don't like that bg I just follow the group.