A "mid gaming computer"

Hi guys! Is this gaming computer good enough to perform at ultra settings or a bit lower on WoW at like 50+fps? The website is swedish but just look at the specs below http://www.speldatorn.se/cgi-bin/pro...tationara.html

Deleted
    i get 50+ on ultra with an i5 2500k ad 6870 gpu, so i doubt that would be able.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its doubtful. I think WoW would eat that Athlon alive. That video card would be okay if it was riding with an i5 2500k
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

I agree with skelly, the 6770 is enough for ultra on wow but the athlon series cpu isn't... that will be your bottleneck.. hard to say exactly what your fps will be though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    if you can try and see if they will switch the cpu for an i5 2500 or 2500k which will certainly run wow on ultra easily or even better build your own gaming rig if you can, but i know most people dont want to so just check if they will put an i5 2500k in it and if not maybe look for a different pc if you want to run wow on ultra with good fps.

I built almost the same rig as a budget experiment. Same graphics card, Phenom 840 cpu (really just a 3.2G Athlon), 4MB 1333, 760G chipset mobo.
    Running on high with shadows set to low at 1920x1080 at stock speeds:
    5 mans at 60 fps all day, 10 mans at 40 fps, 25 mans at 25 fps with occasional dips into the high teens on fights like Beth, Rhyo and Rag. In SW it really depends on how many people are around, but it'll bog down pretty good at peak traffic times.

Did a little OCing this weekend and it'll run 5 mans at 60fps on ultra with low shadows now, but I haven't been back in a raid to really test it.

Wouldn't a 500W be cutting it a bit to close?

Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    no? It's more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    500w is almost enough for two.

Thanks for the answers, im just as pleased with high settings as with ultra and shadows is nothing i really care about either so it will suit me for the money im paying

Deleted
    Both the CPU and the GPU are a little on the weak side.

With Bulldozer less than a month away, I really wouldn't start buying an old Athlon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Both the CPU and the GPU are a little on the weak side.

With Bulldozer less than a month away, I really wouldn't start buying an old Athlon now.
    Well, it's just a budget gaming computer i don't really need highest graphics on everything just medium or just above medium with high FPS and im happy

You can get much better gaming computer for that 5600 SEK. Go for a i5 2500k and a gtx 460/ ati 6770 or more and you are good.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Cpu is a bit meh, graphics and the rest can handle it. Id recommend either getting an i series or a phenom x6.

Quote Originally Posted by Arslay View Post
    You can get much better gaming computer for that 5600 SEK. Go for a i5 2500k and a gtx 460/ ati 6770 or more and you are good.
    Well, the bad thing is that i don't dare to build one myself and i have searched LOTS of swedish webistes fior a computer but this is the only thing i ended up with so...

http://www.inet.se/artikel/1517092/t...gts450-i3-2100
    More trusted site, and a better CPU.

More expensive though. But their support is worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofhell138 View Post
    Well, it's just a budget gaming computer i don't really need highest graphics on everything just medium or just above medium with high FPS and im happy
    Even so, once Bulldozer comes along the Athlon series will be considered "last generation" and significantly drop in price.

Currently they're still considered "current generation".

Unless you're really desperate, waiting an extra month can't hurt.

How would you feel about building it yourself from this website.

Also, if you can possbily stretch your budget a little more, they have a configuration with an i5 2500k.

Or this slightly cheaper config, 30 SEK to upgrade from i5 2400 to i5 2500k.
    Last edited by Arslay; 2011-08-18 at 01:56 PM.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.