Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I lost all my Heirlooms on one server back in 4.2 but they said I waited too late to report it so I couldn't get them back.

It could have been sent to a character and rotted in the mailbox. I've lost a few heirlooms that way. If you know you had them and have checked using altoholic, then if you petition again and just ask for a restoration (maybe from the last char you know had them) you may be able to get them restored. Too many details just confuses them, don't bother with it. Just say restoration, missing boas, not on any char.

Just to clarify, since this is a common misconception. No, BoA does not (presently) mean that they are in some special database or account transferable. Think about what binding really means. Binding is a LIMIT on who an item can be transferred to. Soulbound items cannot be transferred at all. Bind on equip cannot be transferred after being equipped. Binding is never and has never been making an item less limited in transferring. Bind on account means that it is bound to your account. It is a limit. It does not mean it gets special privileges. It means privileges are revoked (the ability to transfer to any other account.) So no special databases just cause of the binding.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    I don't know about you but I had once forgotten to send back the heirlooms to my main before i deleted the toon with heirlooms. Luckily GM was able to restore my character and i got them back.
    I think I may have accidentally done that too... today, actually. I just opened a ticket. Hopefully the GM will be able to contact me while I'm online so I can better explain the situation. The ticket window just doesn't give you enough text...

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I think I may have accidentally done that too... today, actually. I just opened a ticket. Hopefully the GM will be able to contact me while I'm online so I can better explain the situation. The ticket window just doesn't give you enough text...
    I agree it doesn't give enough text sometimes, but how much do you really need in that situation?

"I sent heirlooms to character <x> then accidentally deleted the character prior to retrieving them. Please restore either character w/ mailbox or heirlooms (to character <y>)" seems like that'd cover what really needs to be said...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been getting a lot of crappy help from some GMs lately, but then some great help from others.
    Perhaps they put chimps on ticket duty when they go for a coffee break?

10+ Year Old Account
    When did this happen? And what heirlooms was it? Remember, between patch 4.2 and the 4.2 hotfix, all your heirlooms appeared a common items (White). If it was a cloak or helmet, you could have sold it by accident a while back, out of the GM's tracking reach, which I think was 1-2 months tops. And the other items could have been dragged and dropped.

Now that the hotfix is back, the heirlooms have their colors back aswell.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    I agree it doesn't give enough text sometimes, but how much do you really need in that situation?

"I sent heirlooms to character <x> then accidentally deleted the character prior to retrieving them. Please restore either character w/ mailbox or heirlooms (to character <y>)" seems like that'd cover what really needs to be said...
    The entire problem being I'm not entirely certain that's what happened, however. I recall there being heirlooms on that character, as he had my two-hander that I was able to send to an alt, but I was unable to find his other pieces before I deleted him.

So I'm just going to cross my fingers and repeatedly send tickets until I'm certain I won't be able to get them restored. :\