Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The only thing that would make it "cool" (in no way realistic or desirable, in some situations) would me giving Mind Sear sort of a Pestilence effect from a glyph. Like, for example... If you cast Mind Sear on a target that already has your SW:P up on it, all targets hit by Mind Sear will also become affected by that SW:P.

Insanely overpowered in some situations, yes, but it also forces you to target a mob, and not the tank, so you run a higher risk of your target dying depending on the mob health.

Deleted
    Nice trick mentioned in Paragon's Ragna HC guide: spriest can target hunters pet, so no need to have tank/melee near targets. Fixes problems with situations where adds die too fast to mind sear off them.

I'd trade this very strong mindsear for our old DoTs damage or "just" a way bigger single target dps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    To me it kinda sucks that you have to have a mob targeted to use your MF instead of an auto aoe like the other casters.
    Target a tank or another melee in the pack...? It CAN be targeted by a friendly player to deal AoE, they made it like that because we were complaining about our target always dying before we could put out any damage. And Mind Sear is very awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Read the tooltip on mind sear again..
    Read the thread title again.

New. Meaning "not what we have already got".

Sort of like how other classes have more than one AoE spell.

OT: It would be nice to have a second AoE ability for different situations, but it's not really required. Shadow is always a bit of an odd spec since we are locked out of so many spells and have no real use for them though, which is why we seem to have a smaller selection than other classes.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-08-19 at 08:59 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Does anyone else think it would be cool if Shadow priests got a new aoe ability like a shadow void. To me it kinda sucks that you have to have a mob targeted to use your MF instead of an auto aoe like the other casters. Plus void zones look awesome! Anyone else think this would be cool?
    I actually think MS is one of the better AOE spells. I like it a lot better than Blizzard or Rain of Fire. If the mobs move your MS still works.

The last time the devs spiced up Shadow Priests we got shadow orbs.
    Let's all pray that they don't decide to spice up our aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    I think a lot of you guys saying Mind Sear is great don't play spriest as your main and here's why.

Of all the T11 and T12 encounters a great deal of them require heavy aoe but some of them require noone to be within melee range. I can think of spiderlings on Beth, the bloods on Cho'gall as two really great examples of this. Mind Sear works like ass in these circumstances where, for example, I would kill to have a ground targeting based AoE instead of crap shooting and hoping:
    1) My target is in the center of the pack
    2) My target STAYS in the center of the pack
    3) My target doesn't die early or mid channel, forcing me to recast a very mana inefficient spell

So yeah, I would love a ground based void zone type aoe.
    add min range to ms and you got hunter multishot. just as stupid if not worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    So, we had threads about quitting WoW, now you guys are just going to make threads about people making threads about quitting WoW?
    This isn't inception, no need to go derper.

and let's not forget explosive trap and serpent spread. not that stupid or worse imo.

i love ms as it is now. being buffed by DA and ES. but the idea of holy nova changin into shadow nova when you're in shadowform is kinda good. for some situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of you guys saying Mind Sear is great don't play spriest as your main and here's why.

Of all the T11 and T12 encounters a great deal of them require heavy aoe but some of them require noone to be within melee range. I can think of spiderlings on Beth, the bloods on Cho'gall as two really great examples of this. Mind Sear works like ass in these circumstances where, for example, I would kill to have a ground targeting based AoE instead of crap shooting and hoping:
    3) My target doesn't die early or mid channel, forcing me to recast a very mana inefficient spell

So you're saying the spiderlings on Beth are hard to aoe down with Mind Sear? I top that fight every time because of my Mind Sear aoe. Let's see..
    1. You target a spiderling in the center of the pack.
    2. The spiderlings always move in a pack.
    3. You use common sense and don't channel a spiderling that is about to die.
    Problem?? I've never had one..

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    The last time the devs spiced up Shadow Priests we got shadow orbs.
    Let's all pray that they don't decide to spice up our aoe.
    What is wrong with shadow orbs? I think it is an intuitive design that added a little more complexity to the standard spriest priority system.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Rofl i think ppl with common sense and raiding experience would rather have no aoe with some compensation then a utter garbage like a void zone /grounded.channelled aoe spell.

Blizzard of flamestrike? Damn it...NO!

Deleted
    Well, were not freaking warlocks. We melt ppls mind, but it would work if mindsear droped some ground aoe. Like a target aoe that lasts for a short period of time around ur target additional to the mindsear dmg, and the dmg increase should not be huge. That wouldnt make it op. The best thing with mind sear is that its flexible, because ur target can actually move.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Trade you blizzard for it. Counters to your arguments:

1) It's 20 yards wide
    2) It's short enough that you can recast it on something else after the first channel
    3) 28% base mana is inefficient for something that powerful?

Blizzard under same arguments:

1) My target stays in the ground effect
    2) NOTHING stays in the ground target
    3) 74% base mana says hi

Also note that blizzard, as frost spec with the whole +25% frost damage, hits about half as hard as mind sear from either of the healing spec priests, I won't even go into shadow's ability. You don't know how well you have it as far as AOEs go.

New Ability: Blood Mirror. This ability works like a paladin aura. Once enabled, the caster gains gets surrounded by a Blood Mirror aura that deals 13,245 damage each 0.5 seconds to all enemies within 41 yards and applies all the priest's avaliable dots to all targets within range. Also reduces the casters threat by 100% for its duration and stacks to 999. Lasts for 3 days. All damage taken to the party or raid will be reflected back to the attacker.

just make a macro for ur mind shear to cast on focus and always have tank on focus. now u have a AOE right normally right in the middle of the mob u attacking

15+ Year Old Account

So in other words, much like how every has inefficiencies with their ranged AoEs.

Hunters MUST target a specific enemy every time - also, minimum range
    Mages and Warlocks must target a specific point on the ground, meaning constant recasts with moving mobs
    DK's and shamen likewise with DnD and EQ, only they also both have cooldowns
    DK's diseases require moving into melee range to Pest
    DK's HB has been nerfed hard as an AoE tool, and also requires the targetting of a central mob
    Shamen have woeful short-term AoE, when they can't get at least 4-5 FS's running with nova's.
    Druids have targetted AoE, like mages/locks, and an additional one which needs to be set up ahead of time for a one-time burst

So no - you're not being singled out with the "bad AoE". Heaven for-fend you have to be smart about using it like everyone else, or waste resources reapplying if you're not smart... like everyone else.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2011-08-22 at 01:32 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Personally i want holy nova to be a "Shadow Nova" in shadow form
    That'd be nice. Mind Sear is still quite weak, and as a DoT you really need a shadow orb buff up to really get the best use out of it. Which usually means at least a few swp up...

Nikkaszal - many of those AoE's are considerably higher damage, though, and one of *several* AoE tools.
    Last edited by Dawn Falcon; 2011-08-22 at 03:25 PM.