Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    1:13 = hellreaver?

:X

Anyways. Hopefully beta starts soon.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Since I saw someone else quote you, please let's twist words into 'facts' some more!

Your personal opinion of the situation is irrelevant.

Anyone else see anything that caught their eye on the AMA? Overall it was some really good feedback about PvP and combat. Especially the balancing of abilities between PvP/PvE seemingly static and beta will have a 10 skill slot bar. As much as I love having 100 thousand abilities, after playing GW2 I realize that ability bloat really just clogs the game down...especially in the UI.

I especially like when you can build your character from a selection of spells, making choices matter beyond talent trees and whatnot. It also seems like a much more intuitive system than a standard talent tree. You see your abilities, that's what your character has. You don't have to do weird behind the scenes math or know about special procs and interactions.

Though maybe Wildstar will have that too, idk.
    Gratz on quoting a block of text from a random website concerning a topic you were ignorant about until today.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Well, Pax East is next weekend (going to the curse/wildstar afterparty to get my hands on some gameplay) so hopefully we'll hear something about a beta timeline then. I mean, time is wasting right? They'd need to start beta-ing soon or else their 2013 release won't happen.
    Art of Hozen-fu:
    Grab, stab and ookin bite it.
    Repeat until win

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Well, Pax East is next weekend (going to the curse/wildstar afterparty to get my hands on some gameplay) so hopefully we'll hear something about a beta timeline then. I mean, time is wasting right? They'd need to start beta-ing soon or else their 2013 release won't happen.
    not really.. theyre doing most of it with friends and family beta testing. stress tests, performance issues, and large scale bug testing is all thats needed really. player feedback has been going on for a while as to what they want in the game.. but its not going to change much from beta to release unless something is really really broken. Also far less leaks this way too
    Dictated but not read.

Pretty sure that video is a bit old now, seen it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Pretty sure that video is a bit old now, seen it somewhere else.
    Some of it is old, but not all of it. I will say though if you've watched even a few of the videos of a demo of deradune you've seen all of this before. They just cinematized it and made it look pretty rather than some dude playing around with god cheats enabled.
    Art of Hozen-fu:
    Repeat until win

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Some of it is old, but not all of it. I will say though if you've watched even a few of the videos of a demo of deradune you've seen all of this before. They just cinematized it and made it look pretty rather than some dude playing around with god cheats enabled.
    Ahhh i knew i had seen this before somewhere, thank you.

"Here's another look at the Falkrin you'll come up against in Deradune. Come fight them at PAX East!"

https://www.facebook.com/WildStarOnline
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2013-03-15 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    "Here's another look at the Falkrin you'll come up against in Deradune. Come fight them at PAX East!"

https://www.facebook.com/WildStarOnline
    Man I really do like the "look" they went with for with this game.

man it reminds me of durotar so much.. i guess the devs missed it too
    Dictated but not read.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    man it reminds me of durotar so much.. i guess the devs missed it too
    I got the same vibe. I would prefer more Badlands though. Derune is too hilly.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Man I really do like the "look" they went with for with this game.
    People may hate it, but they took the same type of concept WoW applied to fantasy aesthetic, brought it inline wth current technology, and did the same thing for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre.

Thre more I play this style, the more I realize I like it. Same reason why TL2 was so amazing looking to me compared to D3. When I first played Rift I was so amazed at how 'realistic' everything was...and it was a nice change...but logging back on to WoW after months or looking at videos for this game...I know where my preference is.

And it's completely with the adult pixarish aesthetics.
    BAD WOLF

Every time I see art in this game (especially any of the 2d art) I'm reminded so much of Torchlight/Torchlight 2. And that's a good thing, because I love the aesthetics in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    And it's completely with the adult pixarish aesthetics.
    I think that is the majority of people's aesthetic as well. When we play games it's more interesting to do and see things that are different from our norm; it keeps our attention longer. Realistic probably has it's place once in awhile, but stylized has staying power. But, that's maybe just my bias talking.
    Art of Hozen-fu:
    Repeat until win

Not really a fan of the art style/aesthetics they are going for. For a cartoony look I'd prefer something like Borderlands. But anyway, I'll still keep an eye on the game as they do have some interesting things there.

What it reminds me of is the animated movie Treasure Planet, artistically speaking. But yeah, I think of Firefly for the feel, The Incredibles for some of the ways the people move. All of these things are good. 8)

It seems the majority likes the graphical style they went with. So do i.

I love cartoony.
    Lowers system requirements, makes it harder to become 'out dated', and doesn't end up looking like generic console game art.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I love cartoony.
    Lowers system requirements, makes it harder to become 'out dated', and doesn't end up looking like generic console game art.
    same,this style reminds me of jak games and ratchet and clank,luv this style

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Not really a fan of the art style/aesthetics they are going for. For a cartoony look I'd prefer something like Borderlands. But anyway, I'll still keep an eye on the game as they do have some interesting things there.
    i personally love the look and it reminds me of Genndy Tartakovsky art styles for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I love cartoony.
    just look at games like LoZ wind waker (even though its getting a remake) it still looks amazing after 10 years.
    Last edited by Insanoflex; 2013-03-16 at 12:22 AM.
    Dictated but not read.