Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How about you say what you are talking about and stop this stupid game of yours?

If you don't want/can't be arsed to say, or repeat, what you think don't bitch about other people's comments/opinions.
    I am not talking about a game. I am talking about a design decision.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How about you say what you are talking about and stop this stupid game of yours?

If you don't want/can't be arsed to say, or repeat, what you think don't bitch about other people's comments/opinions.
    my fault for the confusion. I was curious as to why the latest content being released if you take gear out of the equation isnt considered "end-game". I also totally disagree with his quote that there is no content for "hardcore, skilled dungeon crawlers".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    Thanks for the personal attack, buddy.*snip*
    It's cool though, continue with your "factual" rants and the stomping on anyone's opinion who doesn't agree with yours.
    *yawn* irony

Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    I will play whether it does or not, so it doesn't truly matter in the end.
    What do you know...me too! However, it certainly matters 'in the end', but I don't presume to bore you with more common sense and analysis of the last decade of raiding in MMOs. Certainly you know better than what history has shown us, my apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    25 isn't more of a pain as a 40 man to keep in check
    Disagree
    10 mans aren't harder to tune than 40 mans
    Disagree
    Less guilds is good
    Disagree
    more average elitists all around
    I have no words for this type of arrogance.
    back in a time where majority of the playerbase didn't even know what a dps meter was and that was half a decade to more ago.
    Lots of insight when you are relating raid difficulty to people being aware of DPS meters...
    Plenty will disagree with this and that's fine
    Correct!
    the developers don't
    Disagree
    dead horses need to be left alone until further notice.
    So why did you spend an entire post flogging one?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I left out actually the part of where i laid out in greater detail, Find it rather amusing you try so hard to rip things out of context with simply nitpicking certain things.

Arrogance has nothing to do with it, it's often so that when the community got downsized in smaller clicks and smaller events you had an interesting type of group surfacing players who were average at best, mimic'ing top players and demanding players to play a certain way while being absolute clueless, you know the type demanding Normal gear Ilevels for flex modes

Now you might like these type of players or like most write them of to be those actual at least hardcore raiders, from my experience in progression based guilds that elitism is often not seen, people brag around things but downright hostile and toxic behavior is anything but common.

You might disagree with me on that the developers don't find this to be the case i invite you to go read up on things from chats and interviews and the recent Pax event one cannot keep the blinders on and say they aren't aiming for such a thing.

Oh well we have been on this dance before and you are not a very entertaining dance partner
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    I am happy to say that so far in the game I have not met anyone as arrogant and elitist as some of the people in this thread, if they had their way this game would be free to play in a month and dead six months later.

I will definately play this, dunno about how long but I probably will not be raiding in it, I certainly won't be doing any 40 man content as I don't want to deal with the drama. I only get one long night of raiding a week and I probably won't find a raid group that can fit my times. In wow I raid lead one night a week and use oqueue for a boss or 2 a night. Since I won't have much of a raid end game I will probably quit playing around the release of wod. Very doubtful this will drive me away from wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a question re: game running.

So currently the game runs -okay-
    But at the start on the loading of characters, it loads... sloppily, if that's a word I could use to describe it. Fonts sometimes seem missing and it's pretty chuggy.
    Also sometimes ingame it doesn't seem to show all the text, or other things.

I probably have about Medium specs for the game, so it should run okay. But I'm wondering does this happen to everyone else, or is a spec-wise thing? :|
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I will definately play this, dunno about how long but I probably will not be raiding in it, I certainly won't be doing any 40 man content as I don't want to deal with the drama. I only get one long night of raiding a week and I probably won't find a raid group that can fit my times. In wow I raid lead one night a week and use oqueue for a boss or 2 a night. Since I won't have much of a raid end game I will probably quit playing around the release of wod. Very doubtful this will drive me away from wow.
    Good choice due to situation WoW is the better fit for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep if you can't commit and still want some group content WoW will be better, i would be interesting to see how WoW faires at WoD. Let's hope for those actively playing they don't end up nerfing 5 man heroics and that raid gear really stays out of LFR to keep the 5 man heroics an interesting choice to gear up from for raids.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    this game would be free to play in a month
    Perhaps that would be better?
    and dead six months later.
    Oh no no no. There is no one saying that. This is the era where MMOs live and thrive for long periods of time and help all games on the market get better.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Question - If I pre-order tomorrow when I get paid, will I get into this weekends beta (25th)? Or is that extra weekend only for people who have already pre-ordered?
    The early bird gets the worm, or in this case, the Pokémon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Just a question re: game running.

So currently the game runs -okay-
    But at the start on the loading of characters, it loads... sloppily, if that's a word I could use to describe it. Fonts sometimes seem missing and it's pretty chuggy.
    Also sometimes ingame it doesn't seem to show all the text, or other things.

I probably have about Medium specs for the game, so it should run okay. But I'm wondering does this happen to everyone else, or is a spec-wise thing? :|
    It is a common complaint, hopefully it will be corrected before launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Perhaps that would be better? Oh no no no. There is no one saying that. This is the era where MMOs live and thrive for long periods of time and help all games on the market get better.
    I am saying it if the Elitists get their way, if you make a game that only the top 1% can enjoy then you will find your profits going down the crapper. The fact is that the vast majority of people cannot dedicate their time to a 40 man progression guild, so why cater to the minority? It is great that raiders have a challenge and I would never want to take that away but the people paying the bills are the ones doing 5 man dungeons and other such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am saying it if the Elitists get their way, if you make a game that only the top 1% can enjoy then you will find your profits going down the crapper. The fact is that the vast majority of people cannot dedicate their time to a 40 man progression guild, so why cater to the minority? It is great that raiders have a challenge and I would never want to take that away but the people paying the bills are the ones doing 5 man dungeons and other such things.
    Ohhh. I see. I took your meaning the incorrect way. Yes, I agree. Their actions and demands on the developers surely wish the game to immediate and spectacular failure.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing i'm labelled as one of those elitist

I'm not saying that the top 1% only can find enjoyment i do find it a flaw in the system if raids had to be altered to be not enjoyable for raiders anymore to simply offer some watered down alternative to others to give them some type of endgame content.

I do believe even carbine has stated that they know where the money is and that they'll try to deliver on every front as much as possible. It's very likely we'll see a lot less raids on yearly basis than we do smaller scale content and i don't have a major issue with that as long what we do get is difficult, challenging and enough to last us for a while. I personally wouldn't want raids every month tends to lead to burn outs to be provided that much raid quickly in.

I think raids will be become more accessible once they have served their purpose for those competitively raiding giving the rest a chance at them, they even spoke of simply raising the player cap to make them more easy, yes yes you'll still need more players to do them but it would be fun going back to those old days were you simply ramped up the amount of players to get things done, ah anarchy online and beast raids
    ― Anthony Hopkins

The good news is that they probably will have enough of a budget to restructure their game to cater to a larger audience, particularly if they relaunch as F2P. However, I think that they would be best served by transitioning to a larger audience before the influx of cash from a F2P relaunch because if F2Pers come and are turned off by the 1% approach, they won't stay.

They have an excellent foundation to do multimodal low, mid, and end game. They just have to follow through on it... you know, like they said they were.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    The good news is that they probably will have enough of a budget to restructure their game to cater to a larger audience, particularly if they relaunch as F2P. However, I think that they would be best served by transitioning to a larger audience before the influx of cash from a F2P relaunch because if F2Pers come and are turned off by the 1% approach, they won't stay.

They have an excellent foundation to do multimodal low, mid, and end game. They just have to follow through on it... you know, like they said they were.
    Seeing is believing, lots of MMO's promise things we never get or get too late. If they can make it work though this game will be a huge success, almost everybody I have spoken to in game was very impressed with the play style. It is the only MMO I have been really excited for since SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Where did you actually read that can you provide some citations as so far i know they never said anything about providing such a thing. So citations and quotations to actually back such claims up would be nice.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing i'm labelled as one of those elitist

I'm not saying that the top 1% only can find enjoyment i do find it a flaw in the system if raids had to be altered to be not enjoyable for raiders anymore to simply offer some watered down alternative to others to give them some type of endgame content.

I do believe even carbine has stated that they know where the money is and that they'll try to deliver on every front as much as possible. It's very likely we'll see a lot less raids on yearly basis than we do smaller scale content and i don't have a major issue with that as long what we do get is difficult, challenging and enough to last us for a while. I personally wouldn't want raids every month tends to lead to burn outs to be provided that much raid quickly in.

I think raids will be become more accessible once they have served their purpose for those competitively raiding giving the rest a chance at them, they even spoke of simply raising the player cap to make them more easy, yes yes you'll still need more players to do them but it would be fun going back to those old days were you simply ramped up the amount of players to get things done, ah anarchy online and beast raids
    Ahh, AO, damn I miss that game during Notum Wars... Pretty sure you were on my server, going by your name. 4c1d8u7n? I always sucked at leet speak, but a fair guess?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunalezka View Post
    Question - If I pre-order tomorrow when I get paid, will I get into this weekends beta (25th)? Or is that extra weekend only for people who have already pre-ordered?
    I assume you get into the next weekend beta. Why shouldn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Ahh, AO, damn I miss that game during Notum Wars... Pretty sure you were on my server, going by your name. 4c1d8u7n? I always sucked at leet speak, but a fair guess?
    Actually Acidbaron came much latter, it was merely an alt on Atlantean i went under the name of Scronix, annoying little special blocker engineer
    ― Anthony Hopkins