Are you supposed to be able to retry them?
    Should be under your quest log book or w/e
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    So far the only annoyances have been challenges.

Butterfly catching - Started challenge, got "Bronze" despite finishing it with plenty of time to spare. Couldn't re-take challenge.
    Dominion enemies - Killed a chua, started challenge. Told to kill Dominion enemies, but none were within the area I was in except the one I just killed. Moved towards some others, got told I was out of challenge area, challenge failed. Couldn't re-take challenge.

Are you supposed to be able to retry them?
    Butterfly Challenge only rewards bronze so you did fine here. You are supposed to be able to re-do challenges, but they do act weird when you fail for being outside the area.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I have a Intel i5-4570 3.2 and a Geforce GTX 770 and I do have some FPS issues, mostly in specific areas while in general I get 40-50 fps everywhere else
    I'm also using a samsung SSD, but that shouldn't be a very big factor in specific FPS and really just for loading. Weird that we have similar specs and I have no issue. Are you using beta drivers? B/c I never use Geforce beta drivers.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I feel that the game is a way too cluttered. I get so many quests that my tracket can't show them all and when I move to do them I find even more quests where I'm meant to do that quest, and so on.
    The UI is a complete mess with text windows overlapping each other all the time from player/npc/quest dialogue and instructions. I feel bombarded with information and things to do and I don't like it at all.

If I take it any slower, the game would be really slow and I'd have to play it ineffectively, taking one thing at a time rather than what I'm used to: taking quests that go together in an area and finishing them in groups.
    Graphics are gorgeous and I love the art style. But I definetly feel there's too much going on all the time, it overloads me, burdens me and confuses me. I feel very little connection to the lore and story so far. It just feels too...actiony for me.
    Pretty much this. Wildstar is the ultimate example of the modern 'ADD gamer'...GO GO GO! KILL KILL KILL! CLICK CLICK CLICK! I felt zero connection to my character or the game story. There is a constant push to rush you through the game, you are drowned in poorly presented info, and it all feels meaningless due to the lack of any story for 90% of the quests, and Wildstar's self-depreciating humor.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Got into the weekend beta, was too laggy to play though. For instance I couldnt figure out what my 2nd attack as warrior does as it never went off, the button went down then just laggggggggggg....

It looks good, but too cartoony. Like Borderlands.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Pretty much this. Wildstar is the ultimate example of the modern 'ADD gamer'...GO GO GO! KILL KILL KILL! CLICK CLICK CLICK! I felt zero connection to my character or the game story. There is a constant push to rush you through the game, you are drowned in poorly presented info, and it all feels meaningless due to the lack of any story for 90% of the quests, and Wildstar's self-depreciating humor.
    Pretty much.

I don't know why there is leveling in a game that 1. doesn't put in enough effort to make it enjoyable. 2. doesn't seem to care about meaningful solo content.

I feel like they could have saved a lot of money by making it just dungeons and raids and called the game : "The best group PvE in the MMO genre". They would have had the resources to make a lot more of them too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Pretty much.

I don't know why there is leveling in a game that 1. doesn't put in enough effort to make it enjoyable. 2. doesn't seem to care about meaningful solo content.

I feel like they could have saved a lot of money by making it just dungeons and raids and called the game : "The best group PvE in the MMO genre". They would have had the resources to make a lot more of them too.
    Scratch that name, this
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Personally thought the leveling is pretty nice. Quest text is easy to digest but also easy to click through also if you want to skip it. There might be slightly too many quests but i didnt think it was that bad.

IMO the questing content is fine for what it is. A lot of the people who are saying that the game has no story or no character, just seems too jaded to sit down and actually look at what is being presented. Even with the humor, and the cartoonish aspects of the setting, I think Wildstar has fertile ground for some good lore.

Not that it really matters. Again people who think the leveling content matters in the long run need to look at Swtor. That entire game's emphasis was on the leveling content, and look where that got it. I still get emails from it, and every time I'm surprised that it exists (and that they think people will pay expansion money for minor patch content). Wildstar is about the endgame, which honestly is what keeps an MMO going. If you are tired of WoW's new raid philosophy, and would rather go back to a time where the content mattered, then stop bitching about leveling content that is average at worse (it really isn't bad at all), and get your ass to 50, and play some fucking PVE like real men were meant to do, since the fucking dinosaurs roamed the earth.

When I first start the game the framerate is relatively smooth, but after playing for an hour or two the performance starts to drop and becomes sluggish. Now I'm getting 15-20 fps consistently. I have a decent rig, not top-end by any means, but can play any other graphic-intensive game at close to max. settings. Anyone have the same problem?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Butterfly Challenge only rewards bronze so you did fine here. You are supposed to be able to re-do challenges, but they do act weird when you fail for being outside the area.
    Yeah, I found a challenge tab on the quest log window that lets me restart them
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that is bothering me is how the PvP metagame might shape up to be. There barely seems to be any element of strategic positioning (other than "derp" telegraphs), and it feels a bit too thoughtless button-mash at the moment. But, I suppose that might have something to do with the fact that I haven't tested it past level 8 so far. I guess it has the potential to not be screwed up. Or maybe years of high-level WoW PvP has spoiled me and now everything else seems too simple in comparison. We'll see.

Also, the UI clutter is terrible. The attack animations also feel kind of viscous at times rather than the fluid attack animations of WoW. The lack of locked UI frames is also bugging make (it makes targeting idiotic.) Heals are too weak at a low level in PvP. The equalization system is idiotic, too, and does not work well at all at low levels.

just my $0.02 so far

- - - Updated - - -

The Spellslinger feels too weak (at least at low levels), but the Engineer feels like it's in a great place.

I'm not sure they are transferable, but im not using my key for this weekend so I'll just leave it here. Obviously not used. Not sure they are transferable.

Beta Key for U.S. Servers:
    8FGZ-YQEX-VJUL-TL5F-TSK2

Beta Key for European Servers:
    NX74-HWDE-8PUJ-UFAJ-PA29

There shouldn't be a distinction between European and US servers just yet since they're only using test ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    There shouldn't be a distinction between European and US servers just yet since they're only using test ones.
    Well didn't stop them from emailing everyone who pre-ordered two keys

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm also using a samsung SSD, but that shouldn't be a very big factor in specific FPS and really just for loading. Weird that we have similar specs and I have no issue. Are you using beta drivers? B/c I never use Geforce beta drivers.
    Btw I got my windows on an SSD and games installed on a regular SATA drive. Wildstar has like the quickest loading screens ever. Those take max 10 seconds and they only occur when you switch the zone completely. So SSD is definitely not needed for this game.

PS: Mainly posted this about SSD's in general, not that it has much to do with your quote. People always are like "SSD is so awesome and so much better than regulard HDD". It really isn't, unless you are playing a terribly designed game like SWTOR which has loading screens every 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Hi, I´m sorry if it has been repeated but if I got a key for last beta weekend, do I have to recieve one for this too? I am a little confused since I haven't recieved a beta key, and I am not a pre-order.

A rep stated on the forums that a new key is required. I'm not sure how one gets the key though. I received my new one from pre-ordering. I also just posted it a few responses up though

Ugh, im only level 11 on my warrior so far, and im already burnt out on leveling. Feels like a complete chore to level in this game. SOOOO many freaking quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe there are auite a few quests. If you can stomach it, try to play until 20 (or at least 15) and try some of the group content. It is phenomenal. Adventures are fun (like a "make your own adventure" book), same with shiphands, but dungeons is where this game shines. They are quite challenging but feel extremely rewarding at the same time. It really is too bad that there is so few.

I played with the wife today for a few hours and am having massive problems with getting to her instance. Pgoto and Warping to Instance did not work, with either of us lead - definitely put a damper on my day. However, we did braise some duck for dinner so the day wasn't a whole loss.

Deleted
    So, my personal testing weekend came to an end. Since I've to work the whole time pretty much. -_- I've made it to lv 6 on an Chua Engineer and enjoyed my time spent overall, but one thing that bugged me all the time is the non-existence of traditional MMO classes like archers or spell casters, which are my favourite classes, when I start a new game.

Now 1 1/2 months before release I dont see them implementing another class, but what are the chances for the first expansion? Did they say something on this regard already? Would be neat to have more traditional classes, rather than 85% steampunk. I hope that I can play more during the open beta next month (if may key works for this event (?) dont know yet), and test out other classes like Warrior or something.