10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Expect open beta in 2-3 weeks so you cam try again before release if you'd like.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect open beta in 2-3 weeks so you cam try again before release if you'd like.
    As in open beta, do you mean beta access all the time, even during the week? I doubt that will happen.

If you don't mean that, the past million weekend betas have been pretty much open beta, it's been impossible not to get a beta key if you try a little bit. By try a little bit, I mean you google a key, or just look at the forums for a list of all websites giving away keys which never run out.

Anyway, I tried the game again, while combat is my least complaint about the game, using addons steer and keybind freedom make the game far more enjoyable. If only the quests weren't so shit and the awful quest UI that goes along with it

I'm having trouble getting steer to unlock, sometimes I have to hit the button a bunch of times for about 20 seconds before it unlocks. I'm using LMB.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    I'm having trouble getting steer to unlock, sometimes I have to hit the button a bunch of times for about 20 seconds before it unlocks. I'm using LMB.
    Change the option to "while moving" and "in combat".

The mouse becomes active when you aren't moving.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it set on auto unlock, works near perfect for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Change the option to "while moving" and "in combat".

The mouse becomes active when you aren't moving.
    and this, but I think it was already set like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tekk, I really doubt it - I think they're going to keep it at weekend only. They may increase beta cap to 30 to show off their moba adventure but not really sure about that either. I do agree that it has been basically open beta for quite a few weeks now. The new thing for the open beta though is they'll be running their Eu servers. Should give an idea of launch quality.

I haven't hit any game-breaking bugs but this 'not being able to teleport to party's instance' is really angering me. My wife and I are having to log in at the same time; otherwise, we cannot play together due to their phasing/instancing and we play on the low pop PVE server.

Tekk, I really doubt it - I think they're going to keep it at weekend only. They may increase beta cap to 30 to show off their moba adventure but not really sure about that either. I do agree that it has been basically open beta for quite a few weeks now. The new thing for the open beta though is they'll be running their Eu servers. Should give an idea of launch quality.

I haven't hit any game-breaking bugs but this 'not being able to teleport to party's instance' is really angering me. My wife and I are having to log in at the same time; otherwise, we cannot play together due to their phasing/instancing and we play on the low pop PVE server.
    We got around that by grouping up, and then one of us logging in and out till it put us in the same instance. Didn't take long. Just make sure to group before doing the log in and out thing since it tries to put you in the same instance as people in your group.

The lvl 25 adventure war in the wilds is the moba adventure, and its available at 25. Location is in whitevale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    The lvl 25 adventure war in the wilds is the moba adventure, and its available at 25. Location is in whitevale.
    My apologies - I didn't do it til 32 so didn't pay attention. Then yea, I dont think they'll increase level cap again in beta.

As for the party issue, I did try repeatedly logging in and out - always out me back in the same instance. I did log for over 5 minutes which did fix it, but you shouldn't have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Awful lot of Aurin jealousy in this thread...
    I liked the Aurins in the very first reveals of Wildstar. However, the release versions are bit too creepy for me. Also, the male models are just... ugh.

Big fan of the Mordresh though.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I liked the Aurins in the very first reveals of Wildstar. However, the release versions are bit too creepy for me. Also, the male models are just... ugh.

Big fan of the Mordresh though.
    Yeah the males look terrible, but I rarely make male characters anyway =p
    They're easily some of the least furry of all furry races in the MMORPGs of the past decade.

I was quite excited to score a beta invite from a friend and gave this a go over the weekend. There were some things I found that it did very well compared to other games. I really liked the combat / combat display system - getting to see and to plan/react to the enemy attacks was a really nice change. I also liked the repeatable challenges system and the paths system.

Unfortunately though *, the questing experience just seemed phoned in... Most quests were typical for an MMO: go here; fetch that; kill that; bring it back and get your reward. That's fine and I don't mind this style of questing. But it was as if 80+% of the quests were put in at the last minute with no consideration for your character, the NPC it is interacting with or an overarching story (if is there one?).

Quest text was literally one to two sentences max. After 10 levels of reading everything I could find I didn't know where I was or why I was there...

"Talk to X", "Kill that and loot it."...

Who is "X" and why I should be talking to him?
    Why am I fighting some holographic monsters?
    What are the implications of helping this NPC?
    What is this going to change (in the zone; in the world at large)?

* Disclaimer: My opinion. I only played two characters, and only to around level 10, so maybe I just needed to play more or I picked bad race/class/path combinations...

My other complaint is the quest interface itself. For some reason they decided to separate the NPC speech bubble from the quest interaction options (e.g.: more information/dialogue, accept, decline). It's hands down the single most annoying feature in any MMO I've played. You end up looking up to the top of your screen to read what the NPC is saying, then back down and away to look at your options, then back up to the top to read the next part, etc., etc. Horrible, horrible... horrible.

If you get the opportunity to beta test before you purchase/pre-order and 'questing' is important to you I strongly suggest you try before you buy.

P.S.: An addon that helps with that horrible quest interface:
    http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wilds...sicquestdialog

Just found Celestial Falls and the Explorer path quest that's a Alice in Wonderland reference. Best bit of PVE I've found in the two betas I've done. I do wish the jumping mechanics were less floaty. Feels off. It's not floaty like a Metroid, but floaty like "is this working?"

That addon would just make it harder to ignore and skip quest text like I do in every game. I make my own story. In this game I'm some guy who hates questing and is being tortured for a certain amount of time until he can get to the part of the game that he enjoys. It has a happy ending at least.

Guys I survived the accident, the deer didn't make it. I'm back as your head cheerleader for the doom squad.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by cyndallis View Post
    I was quite excited to score a beta invite from a friend and gave this a go over the weekend. There were some things I found that it did very well compared to other games. I really liked the combat / combat display system - getting to see and to plan/react to the enemy attacks was a really nice change. I also liked the repeatable challenges system and the paths system.

Unfortunately though *, the questing experience just seemed phoned in... Most quests were typical for an MMO: go here; fetch that; kill that; bring it back and get your reward. That's fine and I don't mind this style of questing. But it was as if 80+% of the quests were put in at the last minute with no consideration for your character, the NPC it is interacting with or an overarching story (if is there one?).

Quest text was literally one to two sentences max. After 10 levels of reading everything I could find I didn't know where I was or why I was there...

"Talk to X", "Kill that and loot it."...

Who is "X" and why I should be talking to him?
    Why am I fighting some holographic monsters?
    What are the implications of helping this NPC?
    What is this going to change (in the zone; in the world at large)?

* Disclaimer: My opinion. I only played two characters, and only to around level 10, so maybe I just needed to play more or I picked bad race/class/path combinations...

My other complaint is the quest interface itself. For some reason they decided to separate the NPC speech bubble from the quest interaction options (e.g.: more information/dialogue, accept, decline). It's hands down the single most annoying feature in any MMO I've played. You end up looking up to the top of your screen to read what the NPC is saying, then back down and away to look at your options, then back up to the top to read the next part, etc., etc. Horrible, horrible... horrible.

If you get the opportunity to beta test before you purchase/pre-order and 'questing' is important to you I strongly suggest you try before you buy.

P.S.: An addon that helps with that horrible quest interface:
    http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wilds...sicquestdialog
    That addon was one of the first I got. Not a fan of Carbine's quest UI stuff.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

That addon would just make it harder to ignore and skip quest text like I do in every game.
    I don't think the addon makes it any harder to skip quests really - but for those who want to read quest dialogue it's a marked improvement.

That addon would just make it harder to ignore and skip quest text like I do in every game. In this game I'm some guy who hates questing and is being tortured for a certain amount of time until he can get to the part of the game that he enjoys.
    Yeah, I realise that some people aren't interested in the quests and I'm not advocating that they force you to do them. I would be happy if they gave you a button to skip all quests and instantly hit maximum level if that is how you want to play the game.

For those of us who do play MMORPGs for at least some of the RPG element though, I believe the game still needs some work - or at least the content I've seen so far anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always cheering for you, Zito, but thread is rather quiet and will probably continue until open beta, then get a bunch of new people coming in to share their impressions. I'm sure that the 'doom cheerleader' term will come up plenty then!

Deleted
    Tried WS* a couple weeks ago. Generally liked it but the amount of quests is kind of overwhelming (some felt really pointless) and I prefer the hearts and events GW2 has. The battle music was abit annoying at times...

But it felt like a well made game overall so i might just get it as a side game (Only got to lvl 10ish)
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-05-05 at 07:29 AM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Just found Celestial Falls and the Explorer path quest that's a Alice in Wonderland reference. Best bit of PVE I've found in the two betas I've done. I do wish the jumping mechanics were less floaty. Feels off. It's not floaty like a Metroid, but floaty like "is this working?"
    I found that for the first time like 2 hours ago. Never actually played an exile char past like level 5 before today.