15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The gps being disabled in caves is getting annoying, they really should have added cave maps
    Go on the official forums to let them know that you would like the cave maps to function. There are quite a few posts on the subject already, so you are not alone. I love this game so far, but this is my only complaint about it. Some of the caves and teleport areas are fairly big, and having no GPS/map in these zones sucks
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    I kinda like the idea that you kinda need to remember where you are going in caves, adds that sort of exploration/getting lost feel.

30 caves later and im annoyed i cant bring the map up for quest tracking, i like the no signal stuff. But dont disable the entire map stuff.

Am I the only one who can figure out how to get through a dungeon without using a map?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Am I the only one who can figure out how to get through a dungeon without using a map?
    No you are not, but it seems we are in the minority here.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    *snip*
    For starters, you are asking for way too much out of an MMO even with addons. But secondly, most of your desires are surprisingly met almost exactly as you wish, but due to technical limitations are literally impossible for an addon to accomplish.

Camera Offset: Not happening for now as the camera is centered on an axis by design. That's probably a lot more access to core game function than an addon will ever touch.

Keybind Freedom allows binding to the mouse buttons. Most objects can be interacted with by aiming and using the 'interact' keybind, so you're pretty much taken care of there. There is some awkwardness with manual targeting and gathering if you have the right mouse bound to anything other than default, but it's a lot farther towards what you are asking for than not.

Re button presses: Combat Menu in the default game options allows you to change from release to on push, while also allowing hold to continue casting. Expecting it to be able to differentiate between presses and unpresses per button is pretty much the most ridiculous request I've ever heard for core keybind functionality. There's almost no one in the game world that would demand something so elaborate and specific.

Now I don't want to sound insulting, because I understand why you would ask for that specific feature as the telegraphs provide unique challenges with the varying shapes. So I get it. But, something like that is not going to happen. When I say 'ridiculous' I simply mean how high up the chain of potential features and programming hurdles something like that is.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    ... allowed certain abilities (the ones bound to the mouse) to be cast on button press instead of on release, while still allowing others (the ones still on 1-8) to be aimed with the telegraph mechanic.
    I really don't get why they made abilities trigger like this. It's -extremely- outdated and it doesn't make any sense. All it does is make combat feel clunkier then it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Re button presses: Combat Menu in the default game options allows you to change from release to on push, while also allowing hold to continue casting. Expecting it to be able to differentiate between presses and unpresses per button is pretty much the most ridiculous request I've ever heard for core keybind functionality. There's almost no one in the game world that would demand something so elaborate and specific.
    All I could find is the function to continue casting abilities while holding them (which seems to be OP, since my Psychic Frenzy on my Esper fires -much- faster while holding the button than without), couldn't find anything about allowing to use abilities on button press down.

Deleted
    Its also so you can hold it down so you can see the size of the telegraph before casting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it so damn hard to see people's level and stuff
    Example: in a group, its fcking annoying

For starters, you are asking for way too much out of an MMO even with addons. But secondly, most of your desires are surprisingly met almost exactly as you wish, but due to technical limitations are literally impossible for an addon to accomplish.
    I know, that's why I said I didn't think it was going to happen and didn't get too hung up on it.

Keybind Freedom allows binding to the mouse buttons. Most objects can be interacted with by aiming and using the 'interact' keybind, so you're pretty much taken care of there. There is some awkwardness with manual targeting and gathering if you have the right mouse bound to anything other than default, but it's a lot farther towards what you are asking for than not.
    You'd have to use Keybind Freedom alongside something like Deadlock to allow for mouselook. Then the problem is that things like the quest windows don't have any keyboard shortcuts that I could find, so you'd have to toggle in and out of mouselook to do those things, which is not very convenient.

Actually, there's probably an add-on to give you keybinds on the quest window. Again, I haven't found it.

Now I don't want to sound insulting, because I understand why you would ask for that specific feature as the telegraphs provide unique challenges with the varying shapes. So I get it. But, something like that is not going to happen. When I say 'ridiculous' I simply mean how high up the chain of potential features and programming hurdles something like that is.
    Calm down, buddy. I was talking about addons, not core game mechanics.

And it's not ridiculous at all. I'm sure some people (mostly PVPers, I reckon) would appreciate having faster access to their most used abilities by casting them on "press", given they'd probably memorize the telegraphs after a while, while still being able to aim the more difficult skillshots by casting them on "release". Y'know, rewarding skill and all that.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Man I feel like this game would be so much fun if they could fix the optimization. I really enjoy the fast paced frantic nature of combat, but it's tough to play when you're consistently sitting at 10-15 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    With Steer it only locks your camera to the mouse when you're moving or in combat. This way you can still use the mouse to interact with NPCs and quest windows (out of combat).
    ^

Steer is much better than Deadlock for this reason.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    ^

Steer is much better than Deadlock for this reason.
    Steer is awesome, totally changes the way the combat feels in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Steer is awesome, totally changes the way the combat feels in my opinion.
    I think that it is my "most needed" addon for enjoyment of the game with keybindfreedom a close second.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    New continent art
    Those are so much better.. you can actually see the world in those and judge where the zones connect etc. Plus you can see the areas they'll expand into with the content patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it intended that you can't move Quest tracker, or is there some kind of special trick to move it?

I'd love to move it under the mini-map, instead of current location... since it just feels bad when it's located in lower-corner.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Man I feel like this game would be so much fun if they could fix the optimization. I really enjoy the fast paced frantic nature of combat, but it's tough to play when you're consistently sitting at 10-15 FPS.
    Try playing in windowed mode if you're not already - made a helluva difference for me. I pretty much play all games in fullscreen mode - Wildstar was really jerky in that mode, but (almost) as smooth as silk in windowed.

For me though I'm just not feeling "it" - nothing about the game makes me want to keep playing, just not my cup of tea I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    So thought it was my internet, but outside of WildStar it's fine. I seem to be DCing alot while playing WildStar, and its bringing down my entire internet. It only happens when playing WildStar. Anyone got any ideas?
    Does your internet connection keep going down even after you have closed wildstar? I was playing for a while and then I kept getting disconnected, then I kept trying to play after it came up, and it would go down again. After that I closed WS and my connection kept dropping. So I just thought it was my ISP connection being a dbag.
    Last edited by Loyrl; 2014-05-11 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Double posted in the same post?...
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

not sure if this was posted before but here it is
    WildStar music video

i really like it

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Probably not the "only" one, but I am quite certain there aren't many of us, lol. I enjoy difficult and somewhat confusing instances, but unfortunately I foresee things like map problems and the general toughness of the instances resulting in this game losing a lot of players.

I remember one of the WoW devs (I think it was GC) saying that there is some sort of pervasive idea that making content difficult should result in the player base rising to the occasion, but that the opposite is actually true. And I have to say, I think that dev was correct. I have already seen so much confusion and angst in these instances that I just cannot see this game hanging on to enough casual players to survive, at least to survive as a sub-based game. If you don't have casual players, you don't have much of a population. I believe the WildStar devs have already basically said they aren't going to adjust the difficulty; if they don't, I fear that they will sit back and watch while a great many of their potential players un-sub.

IMHO, difficulty should be optional. Questions like yours are funny, sure, at least to gamers like me who enjoy a challenge. But these instances are going to wind up being too much for most folks, hands down. Yeah I am quite certain that the elitists will bash me for saying that, but one of the main reasons that WoW and Guild Wars 1 (not the crappy sequel, lol) were able to retain millions of players is because there was plenty of end-game content and instanced content that was doable by your regular casual player. WS apparently does not contain such content, and it will most likely spell the doom of their sub model. I like the game, but this is the hard truth of the matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Does your internet connection keep going down even after you have closed wildstar? I was playing for a while and then I kept getting disconnected, then I kept trying to play after it came up, and it would go down again. After that I closed WS and my connection kept dropping. So I just thought it was my ISP connection being a dbag.
    Nope, its only when WildStar is up.