10+ Year Old Account
    Since my thread was closed reposting here:

So far I know very little about this game and I will like to share, and gain some knowledge about it..
    For those of you haven't heard about this game yet I:
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WildStarOnline

So what I know so far is that the game is going to have player housing, and a very interesting combat system for both monsters and player characters.

Called Combat Telegraphs, which are the areas that will be effected on the battlefield by a spell, or move enemies or players use (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRncUenUZY4&feature=plcp) this area shows up as a red indication markers on the ground so you can avoid, interrupt or counter it. I'm not sure how this will work for the pvp aspect of the game, but I know there will be pvp. They said spells and abilities would interact during group play so that could be really fun a need some communication to work with/work around.

There are three classes that I know of: Warrior, Spellslinger and something called an Asper. Each class, as it looks right now is connected to a race. A warrior would be Granok, a Spellslinger would be a huam, and a Asper would be a Aurin. No word yet if your class could be a different race.The game works of the holy trinity system tank/dps/healer!

Spellslinger is a dps a caster using dual pistols...it looks very cool!
    A Warrior is a tank, I'm not sure if it could also fill the dps role...I wouldn't see why not. It looks like they can only use 2handed weapons and nothing else. But I'm not sure
    And A Asper is a healer/caster who doesn't appear to have a weapon

The game has a interesting art style, a cartoony yet amazingly lit and colorful world...
    So given all that, there is something else, a path you can choose.. I'm not sure how it effects the game or your characters story. but here are the paths;

Soldier
    Explorer
    Scientist
    Settler

Side notes: You sprint by holding shift, Which path you choose gives you missions, Its a hot key MMO, You evade by double tapping S

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 09:53 PM ----------

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g...-game-overview
    This video shows alittle bit of how combat will work

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 09:56 PM ----------

Any word on how end game will be, I heard there would be raids..

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 09:57 PM ----------

20% of the content you do depends on what path you choose

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:09 PM ----------

There is hidden things in the world, that will make questing hubs have more vendors and things like that
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Deleted
    There is no game that I currently look forward to so much as this game.

It will never be a "WoW killer" (nothing but Blizzard can kill WoW), but I really hope that it will be a great game. Hopefully they take the time to but in a decent endgame and not making it a "Pay to Win" game..

Time will tell, but it sure as hell looks good so far. Combat system looks rather like TERA, and that was the best thing with TERA. Tab-target games feels so old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah nothing out there, or even on the horizon, appeals to me right now except WildStar. Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't suck.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The art style is beautiful. Hope the gameplay is equally cool. This genre needs some innovation.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Wildstar Wednsday:
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/bl...f_the_game.php

We've been doing our first internal tests of our raid playspaces - making sure that the raids are sized well to handle the largest amounts of people we can have in raids (spoiler alert: Big!)
    We've been doing mass PvP playtesting as well for our unannounced PvP elder games - we've had matches of up to 24v24, but that's really small scale for what's to come - this is one of those things that we'll test with our F&F crowd, but really need beta-scale numbers of players to test fully. We'll definitely be inviting some guilds in to play as well, because we want really high-end gamers in there testing out the coordinated attacks needed for both raiding and PvP. If you haven't signed up for beta and given us your guild's contact information, make sure you do so we can get some great group tests going!
    Hype hype hype hype hype!

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping they don't screw up this game. Really need a new MMO fix and nothing else is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    It will be up against SWTOR, good luck with that!
    Hi genius,

So how is SWTOR doing?
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping they don't screw up this game. Really need a new MMO fix and nothing else is working.
    I wouldn't mind a new, WoW-style MMO at all. I think WoW itself has just become stagnant from being dominant too long. It's nice to see other companies trying to keep some of the WoW aesthetic (bright, cartoony colors and not-quite-serious art) while trying new things.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    Hi genius,

So how is SWTOR doing?
    Did you just reply to a troll post that is nearly a year and a half old?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Did you just reply to a troll post that is nearly a year and a half old?
    Yes he did, and you replied to a troll post about a troll post that was nearly 18 month old.. And I replied to a troll post, about a troll post, about a troll post that was nearly 18 month old. So I guess you, Daarksoul, Eightace and I are all trolls.
    I shouldnt really have done this, but I was so bored.

.. and for the record and back on topic. I really look forward to this game, and have never been so intrested to join the beta as I am with this. Last I heard was that they planned a beta after christmas. Hope they stick to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    Last I heard was that they planned a beta after christmas. Hope they stick to that.
    Their plan is to start closed beta in early 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    .. and for the record and back on topic. I really look forward to this game, and have never been so intrested to join the beta as I am with this. Last I heard was that they planned a beta after christmas. Hope they stick to that.
    I wouldn't mind testing for them but, anymore, I'm rather leery of Beta Burnout. Some games are linear enough that testing them over and over again really starts wearing me down.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-12-14 at 02:23 PM.

How would you describe WildStar's art style? I mean it's slightly WoW-ish in that it's very cartoony (wish I love), but it's also different. I don't know how to label it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    How would you describe WildStar's art style? I mean it's slightly WoW-ish in that it's very cartoony (wish I love), but it's also different. I don't know how to label it.
    Pixar-like, quite different from WoW really. More like a cousin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the way the game looks. No reasons no to sign up for the beta, hopefully I get in went the send out the invites.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I have yet to see any anime that I'd classify as being for adults. For older teenagers, maybe, but not for adults. Even Ghost in the Shell had some mature themes encouraging critical thinking and it still doesn't hold a candle to adult literature or many movies.
    When an anime is 16+ or turns 16+ after some seasons than I'd call it a show for adults. Feel free to let your kids watch anime where people get butchered and killed but I prefer to think that it is not fit for kids. By what you're saying I could thumb down almost every show or movie down to not for adults.

Anime is pretty much just an animated version of the shows in America...to say it very very very bold. :P

I have yet to see any anime that I'd classify as being for adults. For older teenagers, maybe, but not for adults. Even Ghost in the Shell had some mature themes encouraging critical thinking and it still doesn't hold a candle to adult literature or many movies.
    Some things that have went on in hellsing ultimate would make it a adult anime.

To tell a few of the things that went on in it mite get me banned just check it out if you like action a good story and vampires there ya go.

any questions feel free to PM me in case i don't reply here

On topic:Can't wait to play this kinda reminds me of borderlands.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    When an anime is 16+ or turns 16+ after some seasons than I'd call it a show for adults. Feel free to let your kids watch anime where people get butchered and killed but I prefer to think that it is not fit for kids. By what you're saying I could thumb down almost every show or movie down to not for adults.

Anime is pretty much just an animated version of the shows in America...to say it very very very bold. :P
    Blood and gore doesn't define something for adults. Character development, pacing, plot, and setting are much more important and I haven't seen any anime that really make it as far as that's concerned. Ghost in the Shell has come a lot closer than any other, but there are still some "lol, Japan" elements like the primary female character dressing like a stripper and literally no one seeming to care.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood and gore doesn't define something for adults. Character development, pacing, plot, and setting are much more important and I haven't seen any anime that really make it as far as that's concerned. Ghost in the Shell has come a lot closer than any other, but there are still some "lol, Japan" elements like the primary female character dressing like a stripper and literally no one seeming to care.
    You should watch, or even better read, Berserk. Especially the first arc (which is the only part animated right now but only spans around 14 from 36 volumes).

At the artstyle of the game, pixar-like is probably the best description, especially for the CGI intro/animation which was one of the first things released. Imo, graphic wise, Wildstar is the spiritual sucessor of WoW graphics in the MMO Genre, simply because of it's comic look which is closer to WoW then any other MMO at the moment (I know of).

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    At the artstyle of the game, pixar-like is probably the best description, especially for the CGI intro/animation which was one of the first things released. Imo, graphic wise, Wildstar is the spiritual sucessor of WoW graphics in the MMO Genre, simply because of it's comic look which is closer to WoW then any other MMO at the moment (I know of).
    Yeah, of my complaints about WoW, graphics was never one of them. Always been a fan of WoW's look, and I can say the same of WildStar. "Realistic" looking games are a major turn-off to me.