As long as I can look manly and not a gay looking child faced idiot like a lot of MMO's give you.
    I'm hoping for a height adjustment and possibly muscle sliders, because I like to make the biggest person you can.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    As long as I can look manly and not a gay looking child faced idiot like a lot of MMO's give you.
    Phantasy Star Universe... Why did you do that, SEGA? WHY?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Phantasy Star Universe... Why did you do that, SEGA? WHY?!
    Phantasy Star Online 2

RUBITZ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    There is absolutely no requirement for them to allow access to that information through the API though, sure you could make generic timers based on entering combat but they wouldn't be exact, at least not if boss cooldowns are variable within certain parameters.

So yes they can block it if they so desire.
    True, they did say that they can block or not all information that can be extract from the "Houston" app to the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Uuuh

Well I guess abilities are announced in the combat log.

And they have working dps/healing/threat meters in closed beta...

So yeah
    There is no rule stating the ability has to be in the combat log more than if you're hit by it (not even then but that would be silly), DPS/Healing/Threat has nothing to do with boss ability timers Again it's totally up to what information they allow the addon developers access to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    There is no rule stating the ability has to be in the combat log more than if you're hit by it (not even then but that would be silly), DPS/Healing/Threat has nothing to do with boss ability timers Again it's totally up to what information they allow the addon developers access to.
    If they can track when an ability is used, and assuming it has regular intervals/predictable triggers, then they can add in timers manually

If it isn't predictable then a DBM-esque addon wouldn't be able to do much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    If they can track when an ability is used, and assuming it has regular intervals/predictable triggers, then they can add in timers manually

If it isn't predictable then a DBM-esque addon wouldn't be able to do much anyway.
    WoW uses irregular timers for some boss abilities already, they do announce it's use though through emotes and what not that is track-able hence DBM can tell you when the timer is up and as such that the ability is imminent. There is nothing that says they have to have any track-able emote or the like though which would make any attempt to track ability timers pointless.

It's all about what they allow access to and what they announce, not saying either route is good or bad just that the developer can limit the usefulness of such an addon if they so desire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post

I demand more female hairstyles!

Mechari and Draken look pretty sweet customisation-wise though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    http://www.polycount.com/wp-content/...tomization.jpg

ignoring the giant robot boobs that are kinda throwing me off, i love so many of these options. im going to be such an altoholic in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed the statement where that they probably will not have references to pop culture in the game. Would that be a good thing or not?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice pics there SirRobin, the grassland pic there i can see which structure i can climb up or try to get up the uppermost of the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I noticed the statement where that they probably will not have references to pop culture in the game. Would that be a good thing or not?
    It's a mixed bag. I can be good because pop culture references are lost on a lot of people and can end up confusing/annoying some. That and they're far from timeless. I guarantee I could make some jokes about the Oral Office and people would have no clue what I'm talking about. But at the same time they're kind of a nice nod and can be quite funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    It's a mixed bag. I can be good because pop culture references are lost on a lot of people and can end up confusing/annoying some. That and they're far from timeless. I guarantee I could make some jokes about the Oral Office and people would have no clue what I'm talking about. But at the same time they're kind of a nice nod and can be quite funny.
    It probably comes down to whether a game overuses them, like WoW appears to have done, whether they are there for the heck of it and do not necessarily fit the locale, and how obvious those references are.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-06-04 at 07:08 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It probably comes down to whether a game overuses them, like WoW appears to have done, whether they are there for the heck of it and do not necessarily fit the locale, and how obvious those references are.
    I think WoW's use of them over time illustrates both end of the spectrum really well, from subtle and funny to overused in your face abundance. Times have changed a lot though and YouTube, Reddit and what not kinda prevents such references from being subtle these days.

First time posting here, despite following this thread for a while now, and I gotta say this game looks pretty good. The more I see, the more I like. I just really hope this "hybrid" payment model they intend to adopt doesn't mean another $15 per month because I don't think I could afford that right now (or for a while). Also, I really want info on the two remaining races soon. I've seen, heard, and read... some things, as I imagine many of you have as well, and I'm really excited, particular for the Exile's fourth race. I also really hope they do more beta invites later on. I always like to try before I buy, if I can help it, and this is especially true for mmos, particularly due to past experience. I was wondering, though, has anyone heard any information on a possible release date? I thought I read something about this year somewhere, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    I was wondering, though, has anyone heard any information on a possible release date? I thought I read something about this year somewhere, but I'm not completely sure about that.
    I think I read somewhere that they are aiming for a release this year, but their attitude is more like "it's done when it's done" so anything that isn't an official release date shouldn't be taken as granted. Carbine seems like the kind of studio that will easily extend the development by as much as they feel is necessary.
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2013-06-04 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    There is a interesting articel how wildstar want to prevent Inflation in the economic. Something that well known in wow for example.

I think will work good.

Sorry, I cant put the adress in the post

I edit my post, sorry
    Last edited by mmoc1ad617f51f; 2013-06-04 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturstrike View Post
    There is a interesting articel how wildwar want to prevent Inflation in the economic. Something that well in wow for example.

I think will work good.

Sorry, I cant put the adress in the post
    This is a wildstar thread not a wildwar thread mmmmmmmmmk

And this isn't an on-topic post. Let's not post simply to play grammar/spelling police. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-06-04 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    Some pretty smexy shots in there, They'd go down well with a bacon bun!.