The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    @SirRobin

You are usually the first to link the W* Wednesday info. Please do not keep us wanting for too long!!!
    Ok, this seems to be lost from like 50 pages back, but Carbine is on the West Coast of the US. That means they work on PST. They are 3 hours behind what most people base US times off of. Currently it is 6AM there. You typically won't see a news post until they are at work there which at the earliest normal hour is 11AM EST.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I hope it's a preview of what's to come for the E3 info.

Debating mordesh, medic, scientists. However in the sound files she talked to a medic and wished she could heal the contagion... so maybe mordesh can't be medics...
    I think they can be medics. I want them to be!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Ok, this seems to be lost from like 50 pages back, but Carbine is on the West Coast of the US. That means they work on PST. They are 3 hours behind what most people base US times off of. Currently it is 6AM there. You typically won't see a news post until they are at work there which at the earliest normal hour is 11AM EST.
    I'm aware of that... bored at work currently... just ready for some more exciting information about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    I think they can be medics. I want them to be!
    That's what I'm hoping for at this point. Spellslinger is dead to me now (ha get it?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware of that... bored at work currently... just ready for some more exciting information about this game.
    A lot of people seem to not be as the last few weeks they have been asking as early as 12AM EST if the information had been posted. Your post was good leverage to tell everyone it won't be until much later, like always.

I do understand wanting more information while at work. As much as I post here, I'm awfully busy though. If I wasn't able to multitask well above average and type ridiculously fast I wouldn't be able to keep informed on anything.
    BAD WOLF

A lot of people seem to not be as the last few weeks they have been asking as early as 12AM EST if the information had been posted. Your post was good leverage to tell everyone it won't be until much later, like always.

I do understand wanting more information while at work. As much as I post here, I'm awfully busy though. If I wasn't able to multitask well above average and type ridiculously fast I wouldn't be able to keep informed on anything.
    The world would be a better place if everyone just got on my schedule

I do hope the Wildstar Wed is something super interesting. Not that lore isn't interesting, but I want more gameplay things

10+ Year Old Account
    @SirRobin

You are usually the first to link the W* Wednesday info. Please do not keep us wanting for too long!!!
    Hehe...

I actually stayed up a little late last night, since the path vids were released right off the bat at midnight on a Wednesday. Other W*W's its been late afternoon before it shows up. I'll keep checking but its always guessing about when it will pop.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The world would be a better place if everyone just got on my schedule

I do hope the Wildstar Wed is something super interesting. Not that lore isn't interesting, but I want more gameplay things
    I'm actually a little surprised that Carbine hasn't streamed any Beta yet. They seem like a pretty savvy bunch, PR-wise, but they are missing a big piece. Its important to keep stringing your community along and, at the same time, appear to be somewhat transparent. Instead, it seems to be a lot of fits and starts. Interviews out the wahzoo, a trickle of dev and script vids, so many freaking podcasts, but nothing "live." We even are getting banner ads, but no streaming?

Seems like a big opportunity that they are ignoring.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I know its old, but yay! Didn't saw that much discussion about these features

New Feature: Mentoring!

This system allows a higher level player the chance to play together with lower level players without negatively affecting their progression.
    While a Mentor, the higher level player loses no access to their unlocked or purchased skills. However, attribute-based milestones will be adjusted based on the Mentor’s stats at the Mentor Level.
    Players will be specifically prompted to become a Mentor if they are six levels or higher above the lowest level player in the party, however any player can mentor a lower-level player (regardless of the level difference) by typing "/mentor" while grouped.
    Players must be within group range of a lower level player to Mentor down to them.

New Feature: Rallying!

This system will allow players to enter instanced content at the level of the instance, facing its challenges at the level they were intended.
    PvP Rallying is mandatory. All players will have their level and gear scaled up to max level of the content.
    PvE Rallying does not exist in this round of Closed Beta and will be added in a future update. Expect to face challenges at the level they were intended for special achievements, rewards, and loot!
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-06-05 at 02:26 PM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

yay! for both!
    The only problem is you have to be in a group with a low level member to mentor.

This isn't that much of a problem if their solo content is off the charts amazing and long lasting.

But requiring a group I see problems...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is this.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/05/what-is-wildstar

But it looks like just a mish mash of old gameplay footage.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    There is this.

When he started talking about F2P graveyard and overtaking WoW I just clicked the exit button.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he started talking about F2P graveyard and overtaking WoW I just clicked the exit button.
    Didn't even let the video play as it was tagged with
    Join us as we explore the world of WildStar and ponder if the ambitious new MMO has what it takes to finally topple World of Warcraft.
    Fail IGN. Promoting awful MMO hype and behaviors. Won't be reading anything they publish about this game or any game in the future. That's how ignorant they come off the bat.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I almost didn't bother posting it at all because, well, its "IGN." But I'm bored F5'ing the crap out of several sites waiting for W*W to drop.

Didn't even let the video play as it was tagged with
    Lol he said it immediately when he started talking.

So it didn't take long :X

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    There is this.

I don't even want to listen to the commentary from IGN staff. The last time they said anything insightful or interesting about MMO's was...wait...they never have -_-

They occasionally write some decent articles, but their complete lack of expertise when it comes to MMO's is really painful : / Though to be fair most of the bigger sites have kind of bad insights into MMO's and the MMO genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol he said it immediately when he started talking.

So it didn't take long :X
    Uggh...what terrible game journalism. I'm half tempted to go back in history to see if media is what created this initial 'wow killer' mentality. They typically can be blamed for sensationalist BS like that. Yuck.
    BAD WOLF

Uggh...what terrible game journalism. I'm half tempted to go back in history to see if media is what created this initial 'wow killer' mentality. They typically can be blamed for sensationalist BS like that. Yuck.
    No, it was definitely a fan creation. IIRC it really caught on around WAR and became a thing then, because that was the first post-WoW game to get the massive pre-launch hype following that we see today (DDO/LOTRO both had followings but they weren't as large or necessarily as anti-WoW).

Deleted
    I don't know why many mainstream gaming websites/magazines don't hire people who have any actual insight into MMOs to talk about MMOs. I mean the "Will it be more successful then WoW / will it kill WoW?" argument has been dismissed as irrelevant a long time ago and is mostly used by trolls nowadays. The only good thing for Wildstar that can come from this video is that many people visit IGN, so maybe some people who didn't hear about Wildstar before will get interested in the game now.

Wow.

IGN, trumpeting the wow killer horn.
    I hope you guys are ready to deal with thousands of trolls wandering in here saying stuff like, "I thought this was suppose to be the next wow killer? LOLOLOL"

Ugh.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Wow.

IGN, trumpeting the wow killer horn.
    I hope you guys are ready to deal with thousands of trolls wandering in here saying stuff like, "I thought this was suppose to be the next wow killer? LOLOLOL"

Ugh.
    Well the comments below the video already filled with trolls and 'wow' killer people. Fail IGN.