Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    OK, so after a 1,5 hour wait... Nope, still lag. But very specific. No combat lag so to say but if anything else happens, like loot drops - massive lags.

I am pretty much convinced that this is a huge bug in the code, and not the consequence of a player influx.
    That feels like both a blessing and a curse. Their servers can handle us which would be a monumental task to overcome without the population dropping or them doing another expansion of the servers. But the bug causing the lag means they're going to be hunting to find the route cause, and even with a fix it may chain off into more bugs. From the looks of twitter and other sites, the Devs have been working long hours and toiling away at everything they can do. Best of luck to them, I look forward to playing when the fixes occur to allow me to log on.

I don't know how I'm so lucky. The only problem I got was getting stuck in the combat training room. The rest of the game has been running smooth as butter
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

And people thought other game's launches were bad.
    It's just the normal process of servers being stressed beyond measure.
    I'm mad I can't play, but it's not unexpected. I intend to give Wildstar a (F2P) try once it's back up and running... whenever that is.
    It'll probably be fine next week.

Archeage was a worse launch imo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Carbine posted a picture of them eating pizza, thanking an Wildstar RP website for sending it.

And as per usual, people are angry about this. The devs are CLEARLY stuffing their faces with pizza instead of fixing problems, so people need to bitch about it on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Carbine posted a picture of them eating pizza, thanking an Wildstar RP website for sending it.

And as per usual, people are angry about this. The devs are CLEARLY stuffing their faces with pizza instead of fixing problems, so people need to bitch about it on the forums.
    Because devs who are starving are better devs.

10+ Year Old Account

I find people not able to get in and getting mad about it to be a good sign for short term activity atleast.

beyond that, gamers aren't rational in this stage. Just one big mob going crazy over everything.

Deleted
    I don't get the uproar about the pictures. Are they supposed to work with empty stomachs? Besides, someone sent them the freakin' pizza, let them eat and enjoy it while they're working! Sheesh... I just don't understand some people. Really.

Seriously?

What do you expect people who aren't programmers specializing in server infrastructure to do?

You think one of their game artists is going to be able to Photoshop people past the log in screen?

Or one of their game designers to prototype and pen and paper version of the log in process?
    Last edited by RoninaThorstone; 2015-10-01 at 10:27 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

People who get mad over this are even more stupid than I am and that's saying a damn lot. So what if they wanna eat while at work they can do both.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post

Seriously?

What do you expect people who aren't programmers specializing in server infrastructure to do?

You think one of their game artists is going to be able to Photoshop people past the log in screen?

Or one of their game designers to prototype and pen and paper version of the log in process?
    Or they could cool off the servers by blowing at them all day. Come on devs! Contribute to the cause!

it is time to stop nerd raging for the sake of nerd raging, put on our big boy pants and grow up. I don't care if a pizza truck shows up driven by the notorious space gangster Pizza Da'Hut and the devs eat everything including the tires. If you are getting this angry walk the hell away from your computer and try again in a few days, it is not like there isn't thousands of other games you already own that you could spend your time on.

I can't get on but I don't care, I am playing blood bowl 2, Heroes of the Storm, and Final Fantasy xiv instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing to sometimes do when trying to solve a complicated issue, is to take a break and walk away from it. Often you are staring so hard on the problem that even the simplest and obvious solution goes past you.

So even if it were these folks working on it, what i don't think they are as those generally aren't people involved with the actual game mechanics and doodads, breaks are needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sometimes people just need to create false narratives for some reason....I don't know whether it's malicious intent or confirmation bias or both. Similar comments about optimization happen too. "Uggh a year later and Wildstar still runs like crap on this toaster I got at a yardsale. Clearly they haven't even tried to optimize this game b/c it's crap".

Best to just correct/ignore and move on. Most people genuinely concerned with their issue will ask questions instead of laying blame.
    The thing is I dont understand why... is it cause they like another game and they dont wish this one to do well?
    I mean... I mainly play FFXIV but I really hope wildstar does well! I m liking it so far and thinking of playing it along with FFXIV as a little more of a side game when I m bored in FF.
    Are you playing in the EU servers btw?

Hard to think straight when you're hungry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    it is time to stop nerd raging for the sake of nerd raging, put on our big boy pants and grow up. I don't care if a pizza truck shows up driven by the notorious space gangster Pizza Da'Hut and the devs eat everything including the tires. If you are getting this angry walk the hell away from your computer and try again in a few days, it is not like there isn't thousands of other games you already own that you could spend your time on.

I can't get on but I don't care, I am playing blood bowl 2, Heroes of the Storm, and Final Fantasy xiv instead.
    It's funny to me, because in years past, I remember how angry I would get if I couldn't log into WoW, yet nowadays I'm like "well fuck, I'll go play some other game instead for now". Such games being GW2, D3, and FF14 for me.

Deleted
    how's lagstar going lately?
    Im here because i promised 1 year ago il gloat in this topic when the games gets f2p, while the fanboys kept saying that this game would rather die than go f2p oh and how are you fanboys doing?

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    how's lagstar going lately?
    Im here because i promised 1 year ago il gloat in this topic when the games gets f2p, while the fanboys kept saying that this game would rather die than go f2p oh and how are you fanboys doing?
    Obviously better than you considering you've waited a year to gloat about what others spend their free time on.

How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Obviously better than you considering you've waited a year to gloat about what others spend their free time on.

How sad.
    Not really. I say that's pretty good commitment to make and keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Wildstar not free up names for you when you delete a character? I created a character, but didn't like something about his appearance, so I deleted him and remade him, and now I can't select the same name I had. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Does Wildstar not free up names for you when you delete a character? I created a character, but didn't like something about his appearance, so I deleted him and remade him, and now I can't select the same name I had. :/
    It does but right now, as with a number of other things, it's not working.