F2p garbage is all the rage right now
    Should stop playing garbage F2P asian imported MMO's that focus on big tits and vaginas and have a small team that can't develop worth jack.

I think the delay is because its going to be sub based.
    I just want to reveal the current model they have just so everyone will shut up about the business model

/sigh

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I just want to reveal the current model they have just so everyone will shut up about the business model
    What's to reveal? Hybrid can only mean a couple of things. F2P/B2P hybrid doesn't really make sense as that's not a payment model as much as having a collector's edition of a free game. F2P/Sub is sorta a hybrid, but is very common. It wouldn't really be worth withholding as pretty much every game out there has this model. Wildstar is about innovation.

So logically we can deduce that the payment model will be B2P/Sub. It will be the first AAA MMO to launch with this distinction, though a few MMOs in general use this model after transitions. (Tera, TSW, Rift) I fully expect them to follow WoW's distribution model for copies of the game, but the subscription will have to provide value that extends beyond access to the game. The only way to accomplish this is most likely with the inclusion of a cash shop...Since punishing players who paid for he game from the get go would be even tackier than SWTOR's F2P transition.

Thus the only logical determination is that the game will have:
    Lowest priced digital game copy
    Lowest/Normal priced physical copy (if they have the cash to get the boxes out there)
    High priced CE with goodies.
    All of this is based on inudstry standards.

Subscription will include perks and potentially a cash shop to meet those perks.

Ie. B2P/Sub. Calling it now. (I guarantee the wait is to hammer out what will be included with a subscription and how that works with any game systems (cash shop) that need to be introduced)
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I figure its a given that it will include b2p and p2p options. Still, we'll just have to wait an see.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I think the delay is because its going to be sub based. F2p garbage is all the rage right now, announcing that your game is p2p is gonna turn a lot of (close minded) people off from the game before they even give it a chance. Carbine is trying to sell the game based on its own merits and get people liking it and then announce the payment model.
    Idk.. I think anyone who is going to quite the game over payment model without even trying it first are going to do regardless of what is revealed before the payment model. I doubt anyone who is really adamantly against any of the options will be won over no matter what the reveal first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    What's to reveal? Hybrid can only mean a couple of things. F2P/B2P hybrid doesn't really make sense as that's not a payment model as much as having a collector's edition of a free game. F2P/Sub is sorta a hybrid, but is very common. It wouldn't really be worth withholding as pretty much every game out there has this model. Wildstar is about innovation.
    You would think that, but I have heard people in the industry refer to GW2's model (which is quite definitively B2P) as being hybrid. My honest opinion is you never know how the people who make economy choices in MMOs are thinking, how they will spin things, or what makes sense in their heads. :/

WoW is F2P/B2P/Sub, which is what I think many upcoming MMOs will follow.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Deleted
    Nah, I think the "WE pay you to play our game" is actually the future of payment models and more upcoming MMOs will adhere to it.

Am I doing it right ?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Nah, I think the "WE pay you to play our game" is actually the future of payment models and more upcoming MMOs will adhere to it.

Am I doing it right ?
    Yes. It's the future. If everything keeps going as it does now. It will be sad though.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    /facepalm

WoW is a susbcription model MMO with a trial. Trials shouldn't even be factored into a payment model as it is irrelevant. If you could get to even the first level cap of 60, then you would maybe have a point, but it's 20..so no.

Wow requires the subscription in order to access the services at all. Just buying the game won't let you play it. Thus, not buy to play. B2P is Guild Wars 2. You buy the box and you can play the game.

Not even remotely similar.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    /facepalm

WoW is a susbcription model MMO with a trial. Trials shouldn't even be factored into a payment model as it is irrelevant. If you could get to even the first level cap of 60, then you would maybe have a point, but it's 20..so no.

Wow requires the subscription in order to access the services at all. Just buying the game won't let you play it. Thus, not buy to play. B2P is Guild Wars 2. You buy the box and you can play the game.

Not even remotely similar.
    I wasn't even going to respond to that one.
    Same with the guy accusing F2Pers of being "closed minded" in the same sentence where he calls F2P as a whole "garbage" (as if he has played all the F2P mmos extensively)

I know reacting to these peepz is good for my post count but some days man... Some days
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    Is this a facetious post?

Is there any other kind of payment model out there? I know as I have gotten older my creativity has diminished but I can't think of other payment scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    white dmg like auto attacks? there isnt any auto attacks... (or does it hmm) oh it does seem like some classes will get some sort of auto attack but its incredibly weak.
    No. I think he more meant NPCs in GW2 that have fast and weak attacks that are silly to dodge because you have to save your dodge bar from the hard hitting attacks that have obvious telegraph animations.

@zito, yeah. The combat is almost exactly like it is in GW2. I've been trying to tell you this for a while. However, because of the way that attacks work (the telegraph on the ground system) it will actually work better with a combat mode addon than GW2 does. It will play more like Neverwinters combat.

Well as long as there is no animation root, that combat should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

/sigh
    https://twitter.com/CRB_Scooter/stat...98696472272896

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well as long as there is no animation root, that combat should be fine.
    If there's no animation root there are going to be issues. Animation roots are usually pretty important to action combat games to provide opportunity costs so you don't just end up spamming your strongest attacks and then instantly dodging afterwards.

I hope there are animation locks, but that combat is more fast paced with shorter locks similar to Vindictus rather than like Tera.

Same lay out as buying RP in LoL and Cartel coins in Swtor, both F2P.
    However, we have a "source" that knows there's a box cost so there's a high chance it's B2P with a cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Same lay out as buying RP in LoL and Cartel coins in Swtor, both F2P.
    However, we have a "source" that knows there's a box cost so there's a high chance it's B2P with a cash shop.
    If that image is accurate, all it would tell us is that there is a cash shop...which I think will surprise nobody considering there is a whopping one semi-major MMO without a cash shop (FFXI). So it realistically tells us nothing about the business model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Incoming...

Dissatisfied with your 5 slots inventory ? Buy up to 50 slots for real cash.
    Made a mistake with your talent build ? For just 10$ you can respec once.
    Your mount isn't running fast enough ? For 25$ it will run 3 times as fast.
    Not good enough gear ? For 50$ buy an entire gear set.

Muthafuking cash shops.

Incoming...

Muthafuking cash shops.
    It will be DOA if thats the case. They have said they want the really meaningful rewards to be earned in game.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Incoming...

Muthafuking cash shops.
    What exactly is wrong with paying for additional bag/character/bank slots in a F2P/B2P game?

I'm not a fan of paying for gear respecs, but if they're cheap enough and there's enough flexibility to not make them "necessary", that's fine.

Mount speed? As long as the game isn't specifically designed to be disgustingly massive to make traveling without it, who cares?

And gear, as long as you can't buy the highest tiers, it really doesn't matter. You still have to do the same hard work for the best gear that everyone else does.

Again, I don't inherently see any issues with this. It's no different than a subscription based MMO putting in a daily quest area with a reputation faction that takes two months of dailies to max out.

what is this I don't even....